INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana

3 posters

Go down

Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana Empty Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana

Post by Intercasa Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:36 am

A client sent me an email from someone claiming to work at aduana at the airport and who is offering nationalization services. It seemed fishy so we called aduana and the person does not work for aduana, they said she does not work there even though she puts in her email signature that she does, also the phone number listed is for a private customs broker and not aduana.

I do not know about her abilities to nationalize cars but consumers must be aware that they are dealing with a private company and not a governmental agency, keep this in mind when handing over large sums of money, in this case she was asking for more then $45,000 pesos. Anybody nationalizing should get the quote in writing and get a contract.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana Empty Re: Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana

Post by lucky Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Spencer, is there a link somewhere to what the rates ARE for nationalizing non-J cars/trucks these days?  (i know i've seen it in the past, along with lots of posts about it, but can't seem to find it and i seem to recall that the rate was $4000US, even for a 10 year old vehicle.)

My friend Antonio (Mexican living in Joco) told me that he was thinking of going to Mexicali where he could purchase an American-plated vehicle from a friend just across the border, then import/nationalize it for about $1000US.  Are there two different sets of rates...one for nationals, one for non-nationals?

$4000US i can't afford, but $1000US i can.  i have my residency visa here and really NEED to get my pickup with South Dakota plates nationalized and Jalisco-plated.  

Thanks for all your help!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana Empty Re: Incorrect Information Car Importation Aduana

Post by Intercasa Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Nationalizing is cheap at the border, here in Jalisco people charge alot to take your documents to the border. Nobody does it at the airport, saying that is like saying you nationalized your car at Burger King, sure they take your money and papers there but they still send everything to the northern border.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:35 am

Thank you so much for the explanation! Now makes WAY more sense to me.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:53 am

Lucky, when at the border there are 2 sets of fee's.  Government fee's stay the same and broker/facilitator fee's vary.  They are competitive and negotiable.

Spencer, people go to Burger King because they think they "can have it your way".

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down