INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious about Mods on ToB and other posters there

+9
hockables
johninajijic
hound dog
David
Lehrer
Carry Bean
espíritu del lago
arturo cuatro ojos
Viajero-Tiempo
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curious about Mods on ToB and other posters there Empty Curious about Mods on ToB and other posters there

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

I had my hand slapped over there as I posted that another poster was offering his political opins and that I hoped he'd not post political crapola.

A mod (who seems to share completely the opins of the political poster) warned me of potential banning as I "attacked" this likely TP poster. Actually I only suggested that he not post political stuff and suggested this board (and the special Octagonal forum) for his political stuff.

The mod suggested that the poster's opins were "facts" and that I was uninformed about the subject. He even gave me an almost 2 year old article to update me. What must he have been thinking.....

Anyway - has anyone else felt that there are some tea partiers that are trying to foist their junk onto ToB readers?

It was Mod#2 - he seems to write with a Texas twang. I wonder who he really is - maybe W or a friend of his.

Just curious whats youze think

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Curious about Mods on ToB and other posters there Empty Re: Curious about Mods on ToB and other posters there

Post by arturo cuatro ojos Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Wingnuts (aka teapartiers) who post here (ex. maincoons, goatrope, stevebrtx, etc.) get whacked by logic. I thought TOB did not allow political commentary. Perhaps you should invite whomever posted the teaparty s**t at TOB to post it here.

Then the fun begins..... Twisted Evil
arturo cuatro ojos
arturo cuatro ojos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Curious about Mods on ToB and other posters there Empty Re: Curious about Mods on ToB and other posters there

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 am

That is news to me. They clearly state no politics or religion permitted. That being said I have noticed they have become more lax on political discussions. My impression of TOB is that it is not what you know but who you know. Case in point, if you are one of lucky ones's of the upper crust, you are given much more leeway, also if you are in the crowd that is in 'look what good we are doing and will continue doing then you will live a very happy life'. Just remember Coldwell Banker is one of the top realty companies in the Lakeside Area. They also have deep ties to the Mexican counterpart's. They have been around for 25 years or so. Their ties are deep and wide within the Mexican community. Remember without them and their ties with the Mexican hierarchy , Lakeside would not be the paradise that you enjoy and are able to live the lifestyle that you have grown accustomed too.

So it stands to reason they are simply protecting their reputation and keeping their Mexican counterpart's happy. Remember, you are a guest in Mexico and Coldwell Banker and other forums do us expats, a service at no charge to you, did not exist.

These are very patient people that host an informative, amusing and sometimes maddening venue,without them how would you know now what you have learned over the years? How would you have made the transition on your own? I know most of you realize the moderators do this job for no pay, they put up with some very rude people not to mention it does cost some money run a forum as in server costs. Now let us think about the time involved, deleting obnoxious posts, deleting spam, adding code for neat smilies that some people request. Then there are upgrades to keep it running smoothly, also they accommodate us by adding a new sub forums as needed. This takes time out of they're lives. It is a tedious and time consuming job!

Now if you can you fathom is deep recesses of your mind that the moderator has health issues, God forbid they have high blood pressure and if they don't more than likely,they will sooner or later! Just remember these forums are not a God given right they are a gift for us and we should not abuse our priviledge . We should be very thankful that there are people who choose to provide this thankless service to all of us so our lives might be a little less stressful.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Well, heck. If TOB & its mods are so wonderful it sounds like we should just stay over there. Very Happy I've moderated forums & it's not a 24/7 job.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Carry I was not tooting the horn just for TOB, I was speaking of all mods. You are right it is not a 24/7 job. But is is work none the less. Forums with higher member count will eat up more time vs a forum with fewer members.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm

TOB is so poorly operated that twice in the last 6 years their system has crashed and lost all data; everything, user names, accounts, and the history. It's because they don't keep their S/W current. i.e. they're cheap. It is a free service that we all can use, however the mods on TOB have had a very heavy, capricious, and inconsistent hand for the last 2 years or more. IMHO use TOB at your own risk.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:24 am

And let's not forget that Coldwell Banker uses it for ADVERTISING so they can make more pesos selling their services. Nothing wrong with that but I'd hardly nominate them for sainthood. They've got their hands into too much around here including LCS, Ojo & you damned well better not say anything that MIGHT be construed as negative to any of their advertisers especially if it's true.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 am

And I whole heartedly agree w/that. One of my other points was give the mods a break. We all know the mods on TOB are the worst offenders by and far.

We also know there are jerks that yank the chains, therefore that is why TOB is more strict because of: Coldwell banker and LCS, Ojo. After all they are a legit business that brings money into the area that which helps the community at large.

Bob and Oncesubtle are wonderful, they are level headed and fair yet are firm when needed be.

Kudos to Bob and Oncesubtle. I believe in time Inside Lakeside will overtake TOB. Very Happy cheers
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 am

Part of my post disappeared,

Because, Coldwell Banker is a legit business you have to remember they bring commerce and much needed money to the surrounding area, which in turn keeps Mexicans employed. Also it provides a better standard of living for their families . Therefore it benefits you as in many restaurants, and specialty things you can't find elsewhere at a fairly reasonable prices.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 am

I moved here not even knowing the other board. I said they were a business but a business I chose to avoid over their ugly treatment of people who were NOT offensive or broke any rules other than non-existent ones or ones that deflated the over-inflated egos of a couple of mods.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 am

Carry, I am not arguing with you and, I am aware of TOB and CWB'S reputation. Personally I do not agree with their shenaigans and the elitism . IMHO, they have gotten to big for their britches! What I am trying to say is from a broader point of view about the web boards and how moderation is unique to each forum.

So...........let us agree to disagree! flag waver
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 am

I wasn't arguing with you, either! I will say that the info WE as posters provide is what brings some people here, not Coldwell Banker. They may provide the web space but as I said above, it was friends of mine who got me interested here.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:23 am

I will say that the info WE as posters provide is what brings some people here, not Coldwell Banker.

You are correct..But some people find paradise via MC & TOB. Incidentally I discovered Lakeside from an AARP article. In my research I discovered TOB. Back then MC was a pay site.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 am

Deleted by Dawg.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Are all you guys talking about crapola.com?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Yes, John and a comparison/
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:06 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:20 pm

so eloquent in it's brievity... you are truly a master communicator

drat... edited...

Last edited by hockables on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : snork)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 am

Lehrer wrote:And the nonsense goes on unabated.

On ToB is a thread entitled Note From Security Meeting (subtitle, Request By Chief Of Police), initiated by Francisco Gonzalez Duran. The thread has been locked and the last post shown is from the member Mad_Max, who is apparently one of the preferred and honored elite.

I have been following the thread, and another subscriber (whose name I shall avoid mentioning) called Mad_Max to task, using her own words to envelope her and expose her lack of logic. (Too bad I didn't take a screen shot of those comments!)

The last post now available makes Mad_Max seem the victor, with the statement: "Of course he didn't say that." This is a reference to the Chapala Chief of Police, and you can visit that thread to read the discussion. She went on to say: "Here is a blurb from the 10/1/2010 Guad Reporter - On
the apparent premise that ignorance is bliss, Chapala police chief
Reynol Contreras is maintaining silence on the city’s crime index.

Breaking
with the policies of his most recent predecessors, Contreras has
consistently denied local media access to the daily police department
blotter since assuming his post last January. He has also refused to
reveal generalized statistics on Chapala’s crime rate."

What followed that was another post that Duran deleted, which quoted Mad_Max and said simply: "Exactly"!

The quote supplied by Mad_Max (from the newspaper) was evidence that the other poster was correct in her assessment, but Duran deleted it!!!!

You have to wonder who's kissing who over there!!!

Hey,Duran! I know you read this board, so this is for you:
razberry

Edited by Admin.
rest assured that I do not have favored treatment. The other poster misrepresented what the chief said to the LCS audience and Dale P reported in the Guad Reporter. He/she/you apparently were not at the LCS Meeting where he made the comment. If people are going to repeat what he said - at least make an effort to get the sense of what he said correctly.

Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:34 am

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added "straw men" instance.)
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:14 pm

This Duran fellow who seems to be an unsufferable, sanctimonious prig, decided, oh, maybe six months or so ago that my posts were occasionally inappropriate ( a discerning fellow if I must say so. Actually, on occasion, my amigo Mr. Hyde used to plop down in front of my computer with a bottle of Herradura Blanco and defame me posting inflammable rhetoric) and therefore, posted a private message to me that, because of the occasionally incendiary nature of some of my (actually, Mr. Hyde´s) posts, he would be delaying publication of all my future posts until he had had an opportunity to review them for appropriate content. Only after Duran had reviewed and passed on any of my future posts would they be published.

Well, it just so happens that in my next post, I decided to review a Mexican movie I had recently bought and viewed at home so I posted the following comment:

"Y tu mama tambien"

Well, that´s the name of the movie, for God´s sake. He apparently took it personally and Dawg is proud to say he was immediately banned forever.

Last edited by hound dog on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Quote Hocks:

Last edited by hockables on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing)

(snork )

Looks like Pedro snook over to Hocks and they are snookering while getting snockered!

lol! flag waver Beer Beer Beer
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:
Quote Hocks:

Last edited by hockables on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing)

(snork )

Looks like Pedro snook over to Hocks and they are snookering while getting snockered!

lol! flag waver Beer Beer Beer

Blackeye There seems to be quite a bit of deleting and editing going on here....
Is there a new Mod here or have we just become a bit more sensitive to others baying and whining...
Actually..... I thought my little tidbit, that was ungloriously dumped, was the closest thing to an actual answer to Gringoman's Hypothetical Question...
I thought MOST here were old enough to endure a little humour...
Disappointed...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next