INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homebrew supplies?

3 posters

Go down

Homebrew supplies? Empty Homebrew supplies?

Post by Ttervooren Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:57 am

Anyone know where I can buy some supplies and equipment for making beer? We used to make some great IPA's and stouts while living in Oregon. I miss them and want to start brewing again, but sold all the equipment when we moved here. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Ttervooren

Back to top Go down

Homebrew supplies? Empty Re: Homebrew supplies?

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:11 pm

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://gdlhomebrewinginsumos.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhomebrew%2Bguadalajara

https://es-es.facebook.com/pages/GDL-HOMEBREWING-INSUMOS/115962591842334

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttervooren Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks, CheenaG! I'll go there this week.

Ttervooren

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 am

I can save you bottles.  Minerva a microbrew from Guad has great bottles for use with
standard capers. Let me know. Where you from in Oregon?  Can you make a clone of
Deschutes Black Butte Porter??  

Local Micros beers that are very good.

Minerva Imperial Stout  (more like BBporter than Guiness or Murphys) 
Minerva Pale Ale            (more like Mirror Pond from Deschutes)
If you like very carbonated beer try a Berber. Not my cup of tea.

Local cheaper beers. ( in order of my preference)
Dos Equis AMBER   (green is lager,  Amber is more like a pale ale)
Bohemia Clara       (Best hot weather beer, no need to add lime as it has flavor)
Indio  (obscura)    (many folks like this I think it is weird and don't touch, others disagree with me so I put it here)

Leon   (obscura)  (best buy especially from keg, not perfect but good and cheap)

If you are a lager guy no problem here lots of local and imports. Ale guy a little less
choice.  Like Bud try Corona both Pilsners.  This is a Corona area ten years ago you
would have not seen anything but Modelo products now you can see it all here.

Walmart in Ajijic is a good place to start if I don't get the Minerva before you laugh out loud!

Local restaurant that serves Minerva Beers.  Pranzo in La Floresta has other Minerva beers but I really think the two mentioned above are best.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttervooren Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks, Zed. Yes, we can definitely use any bottles you have...assuming we can get the rest of the brewing equipment and supplies we need to get started. I'll PM you once we get back from GDL-Homebrewing. Will stop at the World Beer Store while we are there...hopefully can pick up a few good beers there.
We lived in PDX for 15 years or so and then across the river in Vancouver, WA for another 5 or 6. We've been here for 9 years...3 full time.
I'd like to tell you we can still clone the Black Butte Porter...but we haven't brewed a batch in maybe 7-8 years...so, we'll see once we get up and running again. The biggest problem we will have is we gave away all the recipe books and brewing note to the kids that we gave the equipment to. Yikes, whose idea was that? And of course, the ingredients will be a bit different here also.
The local brews here are just not what we are looking for. I like the El Figon stout and Minerva Imperial Stout. But they are just too hard to find locally...maybe because you get to them first! We pick up a Guiness at Paz from time to time, but really miss the northwest IPA's and ESB'S. Like you, I'm not a fan of Berber...tried the porter and the stout, but they are not for me.
Do you do any brewing?

Ttervooren

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Sent PM. Didn't know you weren't new or I would have skipped the local beer primer. I have been throwing my Minerva bottles away so good to find someone who can use them as they are expensive and high quality.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down