INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday Dalai Lama

3 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday Dalai Lama Empty Happy Birthday Dalai Lama

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Happy Birthday Dalai Lama Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdXCmg3MXUUFvBXg6BWx5Hk2mQ-dCB6JdxWWdOl9EQ5YutQu7T

Have read Dan Harris book "10% Happier" - it is an autobiography of the well known ABC news anchor on Nightline and Good Morning America - but it is a trick - it is really about 'mindfulness', the new way of describing meditation. This has really caught on in the corporate and entertainment world - google the word. It explores Buddist thought and techniques and tries to explain what it means to train yourself to live in the present. The title is from trying to explain his dedication to meditation to fellow, cynical journalists and people under severe stress - he says 'it makes him 10% happier".

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/book-excerpt-abcs-dan-harris-10-happier-tamed/story?id=22850949
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Dalai Lama Empty Re: Happy Birthday Dalai Lama

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Having been a corporate guy for 23 years I just hope they don't ram it down folks throats which is how these programs work. They make you go to classes and lord do you pay if you try not to participate and this was a supposed benevolent company at the time. I am all for what the Dalai Lama says but the corporate version frankly would scare me as they never quite get this stuff correctly and you have to sit there and shake your head up and down and agree or else they say you are part of the problem. It really is an individual thang and doesn't belong in corporations in my opinion.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:24 pm

He was born to a peasant family in a remote village in Tibet, yet he has become one of the world's most revered and respected men. I stand all amazed.

I often wonder what his life would have been if he had not been recognized as the 14th Dalai Lama. No doubt, his education made the difference.

How many potentially great minds go unprepared by lack of proper education in our own country?
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down