INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think flouride is beneficial?

+11
Zedinmexico
gringomojado
arbon
hockables
snowyco
Ezzie
kb9gzg
Pedro
Lady Otter Latté
viajero
ra27
15 posters

Go down

Think flouride is beneficial? Empty Think flouride is beneficial?

Post by ra27 Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 am

Read this:  www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com  aug 15   "Is the govt. poisoning you?"

ra27

Back to top Go down

Think flouride is beneficial? Empty Re: Think flouride is beneficial?

Post by viajero Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:37 am

Do you realize that flouridation is the most montrously concieved and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
General Jack D Ripper

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 am

Of course the government is poisoning us. It their way of thinning the herd. But it is a verrrrrry slow acting poison when, in truth, fast and processed food is doing a more effective and swifter job, with more corporate profit. So they may be phasing fluoride out--especially now that the more intelligent among us are on to them.  Rolling Eyes 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:18 am

the site should change it's name to wisdom is uncommon here.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:51 am

Chlorine and Florine are chemically in the same group. Chlorine was used a a poisonous gas in WW1 and in Syria more recently. Chlorinated water keeps the bacteria count down in the municipal water. But it is a poison? How do you justify that. Table salt is made up of sodium and chlorine. what about that? The issue is how much are you receiving in your diet of these poisons? A little is good but a lot is bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:36 pm

I remember when the same kind of conspiracy theorists were trying to influence the thinking of our village board, as it considered fluoridating our drinking water. That was in the late '50s. Nothing new under the sun.
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:07 am

Lesser of two evils.  See how long you last in the fight against parasites, bacteria, etc. if there were no use of such chemicals in municipal water systems or swimming pools, etc.  The key here is dosage levels and continuous monitoring of residuals in the end product.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyco Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:08 am

Osoprehistorico wrote:Chlorine and Florine  are chemically in the same group.  Chlorine was used a a poisonous gas in WW1 and in Syria more recently.  Chlorinated water keeps the bacteria count down in the municipal water.  But it is a poison?  How do you justify that.  Table salt is made up of sodium and chlorine. what about that?  The issue is how much are you receiving in your diet of these poisons?  A little is good but a lot is bad.

Table salt is made of  sodium ions and chloride ions.

The electrons make all the difference.   Chlorine + 1 electron => Chloride   => Chloride is a safe essential electrolyte.

Unfortunately,  this is unlike both fluorine and fluoride, which are both very toxic.

Unfortunately,  Crest toothpaste's and the US govt's push for fluoridation of public water supplies was based on some bad science,  which is why Australia and New Zealand scientists and govt have generally said "no" to fluoridation of water.

Consider what the US National Institutes of Health have published on the problems caused by fluoridation of water and toothpaste:

"A review of recent scientific literature reveals a consistent pattern of evidence--hip fractures, skeletal fluorosis, the effect of fluoride on bone structure, fluoride levels in bones and osteosarcomas--pointing to the existence of causal mechanisms by which fluoride damages bones.

In addition, there is evidence, accepted by some eminent dental researchers and at least one leading United States proponent of fluoridation, that there is negligible benefit from ingesting fluoride, and that any (small) benefit from fluoridation comes from the action of fluoride at the surface of the teeth before fluoridated water is swallowed.
"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9161076

Ignore the hype - ignore the advertising - stick with science and good research  -the tiny presumed health benefits of fluorine tooth rinses are much smaller than the very real risks from ingesting fluorine.

snowyco

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:32 am

Chlorine is used in water supplies as a disinfectant... not Fluorine or Fluoride.

from Wikipedia:

Proposed as an element in 1810, fluorine proved difficult and dangerous to separate from its compounds, and several early experimenters died or sustained injuries from their attempts. Only in 1886 did French chemist Henri Moissan isolate elemental fluorine using low-temperature electrolysis, a process still employed for modern production.

Born & raised in a city that does not fluoridate their water, I can only say that I have all my teeth... as does my 79 year old mother... seems some can do without it.
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:42 am

" Chlorine + 1 electron => Chloride => Chloride is a safe essential electrolyte.

Unfortunately, this is unlike both fluorine and fluoride, which are both very toxic."

Anything can be toxic. Even water. The gals are injecting themselves with botulism toxin. It is a matter of balancing the risks and benefits in your favor.

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyco Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Osoprehistorico wrote:" Chlorine + 1 electron => Chloride   => Chloride is a safe essential electrolyte.

Unfortunately,  this is unlike both fluorine and fluoride, which are both very toxic."

Anything can be toxic.  Even water.  The gals are injecting themselves with botulism toxin.  It is a matter of balancing the risks and benefits in your favor.

Yes, large doses of water can kill, but is not about the dosage.   Fluorine is a toxic hazardous chemical in all forms, and the forms - particularly of Chlorine and Fluorine - are very important.

Would you put bleach on your french fries?      Would you put high explosives in your washing machine?

Would you put solid rocket fuel into your printer paper?  

Chlorine (and fluorine) takes many forms:
- Chlorine - the WW1 trench warfare gas - has 7 electrons in its outer shell.

- Chloride - as in table salt - has 1 extra electron.

- Hypochlorite - as in laundry bleach - has 1 less electron.

- Chlorite  - as a paper bleaching agent - has 3 less electrons.

- Perchlorate - as in High Explosives  and  Rocket Fuel - has lost 7 electrons.

Chlorine  has at least 5 commonly used forms,  but each form has very different chemistry.
Fluorine is toxic and a hazardous chemical in all forms - and the different forms of fluorine have different uses.  We can be flip about hazardous chemicals,  but remember that ingested dietary fluorine slowly harms bones.

If you don't know the chemistry of chlorine or fluorine,  then you really cannot be knowledgeable about setting good public health policies on their use.

snowyco

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:36 pm

ra27 wrote:Read this:  www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com  aug 15   "Is the govt. poisoning you?"

Fluoride that is found in nature is known as *calcium fluoride*.

This natural version is found in the Earth's crust and ground water in small levels.

On the other hand, sodium fluoride, which is the synthetic version, is a waste byproduct of the phosphate industry.

This thread seems to be about *Sodium Fluoride* that is added to tooth paste and drinking water. Eh?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:45 pm

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does not distinguish between these two types of fluoride, but they should.

Naturally occurring fluoride in hard water areas often has a calcium fluoride. Calcium and fluoride bond very well and are not absorbed well by your body. Hydrofluorosilicic acid, on the other hand, dissolves easier and is absorbed by your body at a greater rate.

Natural calcium fluoride is about 1,000 times less toxic than hydrofluorosilicic acid or sodium fluoride, and this is because your body can't absorb nearly as much. (Note: Sodium fluoride is pharmaceutical grade fluoride, which is used in most studies, but NOT the kind added to water supplies.)
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:32 pm

So that is what in those chemtrails?
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:05 am

Look at it this way. It is the only drug that we put in our water.  Why not put other drugs in the water? I got my dose when I was a kid with a pill.  See my parents had a choice.  Most folks don't these days and that's why I don't think it should be added to water anymore.  It is not needed any more with the coatings dentists use and why dose everybody for a lifetime?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hogline Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:21 pm

I was a Dentist for 38 years in Northern Minnesota. One half of my patients lived in the woods and drank well water the rest used municipal water which was treated with fluoride. I treated mostly children for the first part of my career, the parents were checking me out, using their kids as guinea pigs I think. Anyway, I used to play a little game with myself and after I checked their teeth and looked at x-rays, I would guess whether they had well water or fluoridated municipal water. The children without fluoride had more cavities. I would like to explain how sealants work. The resin coating that we place on teeth only covers the biting surface of the tooth. It does not go between the teeth. Therefore,even if a tooth had a sealant placed on it, it can still get a cavity. Sadly, I should say that after 38 years I still saw too many cavities. Not only in my practice but also at the college where I worked in the School of Dental Hygiene. Soda pop, yes even diet soda pop, yes even sports drinks cause cavities.

hogline

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:12 am

hogline wrote:I was a Dentist for 38 years in Northern Minnesota. One half of my patients lived in the woods and drank well water the rest used municipal water which was treated with fluoride.  I treated mostly children for the first part of my career, the parents were checking me out, using their kids as guinea pigs I think.  Anyway, I used to play a little game with myself and after I checked their teeth and looked at x-rays, I would guess whether they had well water or fluoridated municipal water.  The children without fluoride had more cavities.  I would like to explain how sealants work.  The resin coating that we place on teeth only covers the biting surface of the tooth.  It does not go between the teeth.  Therefore,even if a tooth had a sealant placed on it, it can still get a cavity. Sadly, I should say that after 38 years I still saw too many cavities.  Not only in my practice but also at the college where I worked in the School of Dental Hygiene.   Soda pop, yes even diet soda pop, yes even sports drinks cause cavities.

Doesn't Flouride mouthwash exist anymore???

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by signalfire Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:55 pm

There is no earthly reason why everyone's water should be dosed with anything (leaving chlorine out of the discussion for now); if it's supposed to be medicinal and you can't avoid it without taking extra steps to filter your water, it's a form of public malpractice.

Notice that the main cause of cavities, sugar in the diet, wasn't eliminated from public availability; instead they took a byproduct of the manufacture of aluminum, a known toxin, and put it into the water for everyone to drink. God forbid we should get in the way of corporate profits, even if the food they produce rots people's teeth and later on causes diabetes.

Look at that tube of fluoride toothpaste you have; it says to 'call poison control' if ingested. A pea-sized amount is 'recommended' for use, but remember back when ads all showed an inch long stripe of toothpaste, ending with a pretty swoop? How many of us are fluoride poisoned now?

Those who are yelling 'conspiracy theorists!' would do well to read about this topic and the many others that they denounce as silly. There's a reason most first world countries don't allow fluoride in the tap water and there's a reason 'conspiracy theorists' (a handy denouncement, but meaningless drivel) are calling attention to these topics - we did our homework.

signalfire

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:13 pm

viajero wrote:Do you realize that flouridation is the most montrously concieved and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
General Jack D Ripper
Bump

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:25 pm

bullfarb signalfire-iffen yer really old and still alive ta moan about yet one more thing, then nothing affected yer previously addled brain cells did it?-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Could it be that fluoridation is/was easier to achieve than sugar prohibition.
Can you imagine the money it would cost to control sugar....and would be about as successful as the war on  drugs.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Would someone please translate Pedro for me?????

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum