INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakeside Dermatitis

3 posters

Go down

Lakeside Dermatitis Empty Lakeside Dermatitis

Post by joyfull Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Just received this info.  For what it is worth..just a precausionary measure should you encounter any doggie problems.  This story is NOT about my dogs.

Passing Along The Information

My little dog has been licking at her feet for several weeks. Not occasional licking: obsessive, goes on for thirty minutes until she is rigid, can't stop her self without my intervention licking. I've checked her legs, and there's no sign of chewing; she had her Frontline as always the first of the month ... so I figured it is allergies (needs more direct exposure to sunshine) or nerves.

This afternoon I saw that the bottoms of her paws — from her pads back to the "heel" — are bright red and raw and look like the skin on a burn victim. I didn't know if this is cause or effect, so I snatched her up and we went straight to the vet.
The vet (Hector Ladron) said, "We have seen a rash of this here for the past three years or so. We've even given it a name: we call it Lakeside Dermatitis. It took us a while to figure it out, but in every single case, the house where the dog lives has been fumigated by Fumi-Tech."
"Well," I explained, "this is your first exception. My house has not been fumigated professionally in years. My maid uses Ajax Repelente, which she says is effective at keeping away scorpions and cockroaches."
"Stop using it. Today." said the vet. "We'll test your dog to rule out even more serious problems. But if it's Lakeside Dermatitis (which tests declared it to be), she'll get a shot today, another shot in four weeks ... and up to seven shots might be needed. This will eventually it clear up, but because the toxins have been in her system for so long and are so deep internally, it takes four to six months to eradicate them completely."
So here's why I'm telling you: It's not just about a dog. If these chemicals  are so toxic and long lasting for a pet, they're certainly not healthy for humans, either. We all use something to keep the Mexican bugs at bay. So choose a different fumigator, don't use Ajax Repelente. I really hate scorpions, but I'm not going to obviate them by risking the health of my dog or myself. If you have had lingering anything: headaches, sinus problems, scratchy throat, muscle pain — think about it. That's all I'm sayin
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Lakeside Dermatitis Empty Re: Lakeside Dermatitis

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:36 am

Whats the word on using Borax when you have animals?? Can't get a straight answer on that question.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:20 am

I don't use Ajax Expel due to the chemicals. Remember your pets walk bare foot on your floors. I do have to kill the occasional scorpion but would rather do that than harm my dog. Also don't fumigate inside - use House and Garden spray on a wall when I see spiders nests. There are some nasty spiders here.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down