INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new fish and chips place?

+12
Jim W
barbicheesecake
martygraw
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
twelveoaks
gpbasap
borderreiver
zenwoodle
casi nada
Pedro
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

new fish and chips place? - Page 2 Empty Re: new fish and chips place?

Post by casi nada Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:12 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:According to my conversations with Perry he buys farm-raised fish from a local market. It is the best I have ever had.

Are you seriously saying that Perry's Fish and Chips are the best you've ever had. Really?

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Yes, Barbie, Perry told us the same thing. I have not yet tried his fish and chips, but will one of these days. His place seems to have gotten the most votes for best fish and chips in these parts.

If you've ever had real Fish and Chips (halibut or cod) prepared correctly, you are going to be sorely disappointed. Guaranteed.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:47 pm

and the emperor wore no clothes!-SNORK!
this is REAL halibut fish and chips from kingsway fish and chips[est. 1958] they get their halibut from the northern west coast now as they are more plentiful than the atlantic.
tilapia-indeed-SNORK!
new fish and chips place? - Page 2 Kingsw10

when magana was serving dorado it was an adequate substitute for the really good stough.
has he gone back to using dorado?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Pfffft..........I doubt you've ever had good fish and chips in Tranna or Edmonchuck. The best fish & chips come from a place called Lumberman's Arch on the beach in Stanley Park, Vancouver.

new fish and chips place? - Page 2 Fish_c10
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Casi, I have had "real" fish and chips many times in my life. I do not expect to find them in the middle of Mexico. Instead, I look for some tasty fish with a firm texture that is not encased in thick, greasy batter. I am happy when I find it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:46 pm

casi nada wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Yes, Barbie, Perry told us the same thing. I have not yet tried his fish and chips, but will one of these days. His place seems to have gotten the most votes for best fish and chips in these parts.

If you've ever had real Fish and Chips (halibut or cod) prepared correctly, you are going to be sorely disappointed.  Guaranteed.

I have had real fish and chips made from cod but I still think Perry's is the best. razberry
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:30 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:
casi nada wrote:

If you've ever had real Fish and Chips (halibut or cod) prepared correctly, you are going to be sorely disappointed.  Guaranteed.

I have had real fish and chips made from cod but I still think Perry's is the best.   razberry

WOW!!!..... Barbi, I'm glad your expertise is cheese cake.    lol!

Perry doesn't do bad,  or as good as anybody, on a few things that 20 years ago you wouldn't want to touch or even look at here, locally.....
i.e......fish and chips, hambuguesas, and pizzas, so he is moving the ball forward.
Now if you want to talk about pozole, carnitas, birria, carne en su jugo, chiles rellenos, etc., etc., etc.....we've always had it good

All above is of course....MHO

Last edited by slainte39 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:31 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Pfffft..........I doubt you've ever had good fish and chips in Tranna or Edmonchuck. The best fish & chips come from a place called Lumberman's Arch on the beach in Stanley Park, Vancouver.

jaa! wadda joke a concession that serves fast food and shows a pic with katchup on the chips.
never mentioned edmonchuck but there was a place called cap'n something that gave ya a choice of halibut or cod. i always thought they cut the halibut too thick. only malt vinegar and salt should be use on fish and chips. ya ever gone to a place that wraps it's take out in a news paper bob?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:50 pm

Pedro wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Pfffft..........I doubt you've ever had good fish and chips in Tranna or Edmonchuck. The best fish & chips come from a place called Lumberman's Arch on the beach in Stanley Park, Vancouver.

jaa! wadda joke a concession that serves fast food and shows a pic with katchup on the chips.
never mentioned edmonchuck but there was a place called cap'n something that gave ya a choice of halibut or cod. i always thought they cut the halibut too thick. only malt vinegar and salt should be use on fish and chips. ya ever gone to a place that wraps it's take out in a news paper bob?

Pedro, as much as you think you know what is best for EVERYONE, guess what? You don't ROFLOL! Men have less taste buds than women and that is why men seem to prefer heavier alcoholic drinks. Also everyone's taste buds respond differently to different tastes such as bitter, sweet, salty etc. I learned this from alcohol experts (not drunks) who worked at various wineries when I was touring Napa Valley a few years back. Lighten up, will ya?
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:04 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Pedro, as much as you think you know what is best for EVERYONE, guess what? You don't ROFLOL! Men have less taste buds than women and that is why men seem to prefer heavier alcoholic drinks. Also everyone's taste buds respond differently to different tastes such as bitter, sweet, salty etc. I learned this from alcohol experts (not drunks) who worked at various wineries when I was touring Napa Valley a few years back. Lighten up, will ya?
i suggest you stick to cheesecake. what the haitch has this post of yours got to do with fish and chips?
i don't know any brits that ruin the chips with katchup, in any event. magana does have malt vinegar on the table. my ex sil used to put katchup on everything and no doubt would put it on your cheescake,which may or may not be a good thing-SNORK! malt vinegar is not booze-SNORK!

Last edited by Pedro on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:13 pm

here's some great looking tilapia-yeccchh! batter on this ain't gonna cut it.
new fish and chips place? - Page 2 Tilapi10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

You can dress it up all you want.....a duck is still a duck. French fries still suck here...but then I didn't come here for french fries.......I am OK.......thanks for listening....just crackin ma self up!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:32 pm

There aren't any good fish&chips joints near us but my wife makes delicious beer battered pescado capeado.We usually use cazon,lenguado or dorado.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Unfortunately, Chris, we (NOB) are stuck. We love the fish n chips-----but we moved to Mexico......to meet Locals.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:44 am

Pedro wrote:

The place I speak of wraps the fish & chips in newspaper if it is "to go".
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:39 am

When I lived in Ipswich back in the 50s the fish & chips were always served wrapped in newspaper.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:16 am

I like Perry's Batter on his Fish N Chips... I don't like Mushy Talapia ...
What was in his Battered Fish, I don't know.. didn't ask... but it wasn't Talapia...
Makes good Pizza too!!
For the price ... I'll go back... I enjoyed it.

Maganas is very good as well... also makes a decent burger Beer

Lots of Great places to eat Lakeside.... in that regard we are very lucky.

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:33 pm

i believe perry has admitted using tilapia.
so all this talk about fish and chips made me decide to give magana another try.. here are a coupla fotos . yes it's dorado. i asked for mas batter on mine hence the difernt colour. we were both hungry so we both had 2 pc's of fish. the container with the brown liquid has malt VINEGAR in it and the awful red stough is for those who want to ruin their fish and chips.the salt is sea salt. the dinner was excellent!
the bill came to $390 including 2 glasses of vino. dorado ain't cheap. note all the books on the wall fer yer reading pleasure. y says there are more than at the legion library.
new fish and chips place? - Page 2 Magana10
new fish and chips place? - Page 2 Magana11
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Nice pictures.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2