INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now I'm both clueless AND confused. Help appreciated.

5 posters

Go down

Now I'm both clueless AND confused. Help appreciated. Empty Now I'm both clueless AND confused. Help appreciated.

Post by Clueless Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:27 pm

I needed to get a letter pak (FedEx) to the U.S. ASAP, so I went to ishop Mail.

While I was waiting, I saw the Estafeta driver scanning packages and letter paks so I asked him in my best Spanish, "Is
Estafeta only inside Mexico?" He said "No." I said, again in understandable Spanish (though I think he understood English)"So I can ship Estafeda to the United States?" Again, "Yes."

So I asked the young man behind the counter (he spoke perfect English) what would be the cost to ship a letter Pak to the United States, he replied, "We don't ship Estafeda." I saw the Estafeta man give a "strange" look. I asked the counter man, "Who takes Estafeta around here?" He replied: "Not here, you have to go to Guadalajara."

Now I'm totally confused with the Estafeta man standing right there. I looked at him and he gave me one of those rolling-eyes look.

So I said to the counter man: "How much is FedEx letter Pak to the U.S.?" His reply was as I best recall, "$650." I asked how much is Estafeta?" and he replies "The same."

I left confused.

Has anyone sent anything to the U.S. by Estafedta? Any help here?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Now I'm both clueless AND confused. Help appreciated. Empty Re: Now I'm both clueless AND confused. Help appreciated.

Post by Intercasa Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Fedex is better, just dropped off packages to them at airport. They will do home pickup if you order before 10 or 11am, I have an account and online service.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Now I'm both clueless AND confused. Help appreciated. Empty Re: Now I'm both clueless AND confused. Help appreciated.

Post by JayBear Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Someone told me that you can send Fedex via Handy Mail, but to me it is more of a sure thing to drive to the airport. As I remember, one goes 3/4 way around the first rotary, and Fedex is down on the right. Can someone confirm?

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Have used Fedex a couple times this year. Package arrived to recipient next day.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:33 am

Fedex yes is at airport, make left turn at first place possible, go down by Aduana, make a right and at the end on the left, passing bus terminal it is there.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:25 am

For years, we have submitted the Fedex packet to MBE (now Ishop) with our Fedex account number on the international airbill and it arrives at the US destination the next day. Coming this direction, there is usually a 1 day delay for clearing customs but otherwise the process is smooth as glass.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down