INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Lights & Other Things To Watch For In Mexico

+2
ferret
hockables
6 posters

Go down

Red Lights & Other Things To Watch For In Mexico Empty Red Lights & Other Things To Watch For In Mexico

Post by hockables Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 pm

A wise man once said " Assumption, is the Mother of All F#ckups "

When driving thru Ajijic and their 3 traffic lights... Don't assume, no light means go.... the red light bulb is probably burnt out... much the same as the next intersection... don't assume no light means stop... the green light is probably burnt out....

At least, that was the case last time I drove thru...

If you love a challenge, You're gonna love Mexico.... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Red Lights & Other Things To Watch For In Mexico Empty Re: Red Lights & Other Things To Watch For In Mexico

Post by ferret Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh yeah! Driving in Mexico gives new meaning to "drive defensively".
....and watch out for those flashing green lights...they mean GET READY TO STOP!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Red Lights & Other Things To Watch For In Mexico Empty Re: Red Lights & Other Things To Watch For In Mexico

Post by elgringo Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 am

I got stopped the other day for running a red light that was burnt out, I asked the cop which red light he was talking about. He pointed to the burnt out light and said that one. I told him I didn't see a red light since it was burnt out and neither did He so how could I have ran it. I told him they needed to fix it and that I wasn't gonna give him sh&t so write the ticket if he wanted. He smiled and said next time be more careful and left.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:19 am

They buy cheap bulbs for the lights that last only a few weeks because they think it's not worth buying quality bulbs. There IS a "big difference" in the quality of bulbs. I worked as a Condo Manager for 15 years and experimented with different brands and only bought the best.

Besides not buying good bulbs so they burn out, it gives the cops a chance to say you ran a red light hoping you'll pay them mordida. Don't pay mordida, pay the ticket within 5 days.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:55 am

Who are "they"
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 am

They are them that walk among us... Shocked
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 am

#2. Passing Vehicles

In Mexico.... vehicles will pass U on the Left... they will pass U on the Right

If you aren't careful, they will pass right over top of U...

Apparently the Speed Limit Signs, are Merely a Suggestion!!

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:57 pm

hockables wrote:#2. Passing Vehicles

In Mexico.... vehicles will pass U on the Left... they will pass U on the Right

If you aren't careful, they will pass right over top of U...

Apparently the Speed Limit Signs, are Merely a Suggestion!!

And so are the lights as Merely a Suggestion as Mexican drivers have no regard for lights, stop signs, right/left traffic turn signs or traffic laws.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:46 pm

johninajijic wrote:

And so are the lights as Merely a Suggestion as Mexican drivers have no regard for lights, stop signs, right/left traffic turn signs or traffic laws.
Shocked
Ah.hmm... what John means is " Drivers in Mexico "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:17 pm

No John means Mexican drivers, John just don't like most things Mexican.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:47 pm

#3 Parking

U must park as tightly to the sidewalk as possible as the roads are very narrow...

One day while I was walking thru Ajijic, down the tight little corridor like streets, I saw a Commercial Truck ( propane, I think ) trying to navigate a left turn in a very tight corner... The truck moved forward and reverse inching more and more around the corner... all the while, rubbing against a car parked a little to close to the intersection.
At one point, the truck RUBBED the car so hard... one of the cars wheels left the ground... But, as the truck succeeded in it's turn, he drove away, and the car wuz back on all four again...

Note: park tightly against the sidewalk... and well away from the corners...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:17 pm

If you want to see a tight situation check out this video I took of a bus trying the round the corner onto Ocampo by the Ajijic plaza.

https://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87/bhowe_2009/?action=view&current=CIMG5571.flv
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down