INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Directions to Costco

+3
Luisa
Canmex 87
bonjon42
7 posters

Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Directions to Costco

Post by bonjon42 Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Would someone provide us with some directions to Costco (or maybe a good address). Our Garmin got us lost and we never did find it. Maybe the address I used from Costco's website was not good enough.
Also, someone told us you could go up through Jocotepec. I realize this would take longer, with a lot of topas, but we have a lot more time than patience with all the Guad traffic!
bonjon42
bonjon42
Member
Member

Posts : 38
Join date : 2014-09-16
Age : 75
Location : Riberas del Pilar

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by Canmex 87 Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:34 pm

bonjon42 wrote:Would someone provide us with some directions to Costco (or maybe a good address). Our Garmin got us lost and we never did find it. Maybe the address I used from Costco's website was not good enough.
Also, someone told us you could go up through Jocotepec. I realize this would take longer, with a lot of topas,  but we have a lot more time than patience with all the Guad traffic!

This is the address for the Costco on Lopez Mateos south (from their web site):


BLVD. ADOLFO LÓPEZ MATEOS


FRACC. NUEVA GALICIA


45645


TLAJOMULCO DE ZUÑIGA, JALISCO



Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 289
Join date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by Luisa Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Follow the signs to Puerto Vallarta. You will pass the Galerias mall and a big Sams. Turn around at the next retorno. Costco will be on your right--it's easiest to drive in the back entrance.


Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:57 pm

If you are going to the one on the southside, head through Joco (take the bypass) and when you hit the highway head north. Follow it all the way to the next highway and take the Guadalajara exit. Stay on that highway for about 20kms. Costco is on the right hand side just past the huge Ford dealership. You will see the Mega sign as Mega is in the same parking lot.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 19121
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 58
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by zenwoodle Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:29 pm

When going to the Costco on Lopez Mateos, I look for the Burger King on the left as that is the lane I am usually in.
I move to the right, and then look for the Ford dealership. At that time I slow down and look for the Mega sign.
Alternatively, I just go where my wife tells me. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1490
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 72
Location : Ajijic, formerly from Ontario
Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Luisa wrote:Follow the signs to Puerto Vallarta.  You will pass the Galerias mall and a big Sams.  Turn around at the next retorno.  Costco will be on your right--it's easiest to drive in the back entrance.



There are two Costco stores and the OP is getting directions to both it seems.  Actually, the one across from Galerias mall can  be accessed coming from the east on Vallarta by using the retorno BEFORE you pass Sam's and before the underpass tunnel and then  entering Costco from  the side entrance off Vallarta after a half a block from the retorno.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9348
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by Luisa Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:03 am

slainte39 wrote:
Luisa wrote:Follow the signs to Puerto Vallarta.  You will pass the Galerias mall and a big Sams.  Turn around at the next retorno.  Costco will be on your right--it's easiest to drive in the back entrance.



There are two Costco stores and the OP is getting directions to both it seems.  Actually, the one across from Galerias mall can  be accessed coming from the east on Vallarta by using the retorno BEFORE you pass Sam's and before the underpass tunnel and then  entering Costco from  the side entrance off Vallarta after a half a block from the retorno.

Yes, but the first time the OP is likely to miss that retorno. He'll see the Sam's when he comes out of the underpass.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Directions to Costco

Post by bonjon42 Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:41 am

I realized I was getting directions to 2 different stores. Is any one better than the other?
bonjon42
bonjon42
Member
Member

Posts : 38
Join date : 2014-09-16
Age : 75
Location : Riberas del Pilar

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:55 am

If you want to avoid as much GDL traffic as possible then go through Joco to the one on the southside.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 19121
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 58
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:31 am

bonjon42 wrote:I realized I was getting directions to 2 different stores. Is any one better than the other?

We prefer the one on Lopez Mateos as the food court is indoors, it just seems a bit more spacious, parking is easier and Mega is very close next door. Time to either one of them is about the same. If you want to also go to the big shopping mall next door which includes Liverpool and Sears, then go to the one in town.

The LCS bus trips go to the one in town.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1950
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 77
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:08 am

Luisa wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
Luisa wrote:Follow the signs to Puerto Vallarta.  You will pass the Galerias mall and a big Sams.  Turn around at the next retorno.  Costco will be on your right--it's easiest to drive in the back entrance.



There are two Costco stores and the OP is getting directions to both it seems.  Actually, the one across from Galerias mall can  be accessed coming from the east on Vallarta by using the retorno BEFORE you pass Sam's and before the underpass tunnel and then  entering Costco from  the side entrance off Vallarta after a half a block from the retorno.

Yes, but the first time the OP is likely to miss that retorno.  He'll see the Sam's when he comes out of the underpass.

That's true and also avoid missing the lateral off Vallarta after you cross the  viaduct over Av. Patria.
The address for this particular store is....Avenida Vallarta #4774.....Colonia Camichines Vallarta.....Guadalajara, Jal.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9348
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Directions to Costco Empty Re: Directions to Costco

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum