INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Mision

+15
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
David
slainte39
hockables
WDBarr
Pedro
twelveoaks
gringal
viajero
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
itsme
zenwoodle
nickwi
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

La Mision - Page 2 Empty Re: La Mision

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:28 am

I agree. Thoughtful, intelligent and civilized people can recognize a personal enmity even when it is their own and then make a decision to just let it go.
Happy Holidays everyone!

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:02 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]I agree. Thoughtful, intelligent and civilized people can recognize a personal enmity even when it is their own and then make a decision to just let it go.
Happy Holidays everyone![/quote]

Yes, they can, if that's the case. Here's your license to practice shrinkage. :30:
Happy Holidays.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:15 am

So, when you express disdain for certain individuals "who go on the attack for no good reason and with no provocation except some peculiar enmity they have developed and hang onto," you are expressing your opinion. When I agree and offer that "thoughtful, intelligent and civilized people can recognize a personal enmity even when it is their own and then make a decision to just let it go" I am practicing shrinkage?
Okay. Got it. Two very different things there. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:20 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]So, when you express disdain for certain individuals "who go on the attack for no good reason and with no provocation except some peculiar enmity they have developed and hang onto," you are expressing your opinion. When I agree and offer that "thoughtful, intelligent and civilized people can recognize a personal enmity even when it is their own and then make a decision to just let it go" I am practicing shrinkage?
Okay. Got it.  Two very different things there. :D [/quote]

Without a license, yet. Joke, Lady O. We all practice a certain amount of shrinkage, especially when we can't see the body language of the other party and wonder what the hay is going on in their heads.:30:

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 am

I think it is probably more often a blessing that we can not see what is going on in some of the heads attached to the fingers hitting the keyboards around here.
Thumbs up
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:27 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]I think it is probably more often a blessing that we can not see what is going on in some of the heads attached to the fingers hitting the keyboards around here.
:80: [/quote]

Sometimes the brains are inundated with rocket fuel level tequila, which explains the need for a
"breathalizer" attachment to the keyboard, preventing the user from pressing "send" until the next morning.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:37 am

lol!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:48 pm

gringal wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:I think it is probably more often a blessing that we can not see what is going on in some of the heads attached to the fingers hitting the keyboards around here.
Thumbs up

Sometimes the brains are inundated with rocket fuel level tequila, which explains the need for a
"breathalizer" attachment to the keyboard, preventing the user from pressing "send" until the next morning.

If you are referring to me, "a small dog", the shoe doesn't fit.

"THE MAN" on TOB has locked, pinned, and put an end to the discussion, opinions, and rants, about La Mision.
Is that why you reappeared over here on this board of ankle-biters?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:00 pm

No.  it is not, since that did not happen on TOB until today. The post I originally deleted, followed by finding your little teeth in my ankle, was yesterday.  (The size of the dog has to do with its behavior, not its mass.)

This is not a board of "ankle biters".  It does have just enough of them to warrant notice.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:26 pm

gringal wrote:
slainte39 wrote:And the crusading continues.........

edit...this was in response to a post by gringal which disappeared....very suddenly.

Your implication is????  I've made a point of not posting on this forum because any opinion offered is bound to start the kind of meaningless ankle biting in which some people specialize.  I'm now outta here, again.  I don't need the aggravation.  

For the curious:  I offered the opinion that WDBarr, who is probably the proprietor of la Mision, was giving a praiseworthy review of his own restaurant.......a questionable practice at the least.
He's also casting himself as a victim of a "vendetta" against Christian missionaries; a common ploy.  Pathetic.
He obviously doesn't know what a "vendetta" means in the old country.  If not everyone is in favor of messing with people's beliefs or lack of them while offering charity, so be it.  It is obvious that those who are in favor of it never let up.

Anybody with an ounce of  brains can see your "crusading" as I called it.
If you don't want to be criticized for it......let's see.....the short answer is, don't post.
After all, you don't like aggravation.
BTW....what did bring you back?  your love of aggravation?
Why should you  be able to have inviolate posts?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm

I don't expect inviolate posts. I think that if I decide to post and then wish to delete it, others should respect that decision. You didn't. And here we are. You're still on the attack. I don't get it.

Why are you so determined to drive me off the board, anyway? What's your real grievance? I never have figured it out.
How about a straight answer to that one?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

La Mision - Page 2 Empty La Mision

Post by twelveoaks Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:52 pm

gringal wrote:I don't expect inviolate posts.  I think that if I decide to post and then wish to delete it, others should respect that decision.  You didn't.  And here we are.  You're still on the attack.  I don't get it.

Why are you so determined to drive me off the board, anyway?  What's your real grievance?  I never have figured it out.  

Come on folks. The real issue here is that the food is not good and it is over priced. That is reason enough to go else where.

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:30 pm

gringal wrote:I don't expect inviolate posts.  I think that if I decide to post and then wish to delete it, others should respect that decision.  You didn't.  And here we are.  You're still on the attack.  I don't get it.

Why are you so determined to drive me off the board, anyway?  What's your real grievance?  I never have figured it out.  

Look, you have made over 5,000 posts and I have only responded to a few of them.  You are assuming way too much if you think I care one way or the other about your participation.  The last time you took a hiatus from this board, was when someone crossed you about San Miguel and compared the females there with Chapala....nothing to do with me driving you off this board as you put it. That's why you can't figure it out.
This Kerfuffle over La Mision, as Lady Otter called it, was fueled by you pouring gasoline on the fire and then  fanning the flames.
I read your post, to which I responded, and then you deleted your post, which you altered later and resent, in a fashion.
Over the years, you take positions or state facts, which if someone disagrees with you, you want the thread closed voluntarily or by a moderator.  Well, you are not my moderator and I will continue to call you out whenever I think I should or can.
As far as personal comments, I have made none about you as I don't know you personally but you can compare me to little dog (in behavior, not mass with sharp teeth) or imbibing in "rocket fuel tequila".
I attacked your incessant complaining about La Mision and you attacked me with personal comments and attaching way too much importance on my concern with you.  
As long as you address me, I will respond.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:46 am

Yes, this is a revised response to yours.

I think this has run its course.  Your memories and mine do not tally at all, and there's not much point in reviewing things long past. I didn't stop posting because of a difference of opinion; it was because of a scathing personal attack.  It was not done by you.

I don't know whether you are one of those who combine drinking and posting, but that statement was part of my bantering with Lady O, and not directed at you.

The "Small Dog" comments were about making much noise about little issues.  Matter of opinion, of course.

As far as La Mision is concerned, they will make it or fail on their food and prices. That's as it should be.  

I'd like to see both of us let this go now.  I will if you will.
In the spirit of the season, that would be a good thing.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Well said.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 pm

how did martha stewart get in on this?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:31 pm

gringal wrote:
slainte39 wrote:And the crusading continues.........

edit...this was in response to a post by gringal which disappeared....very suddenly.

Your implication is????  I've made a point of not posting on this forum because any opinion offered is bound to start the kind of meaningless ankle biting in which some people specialize.  I'm now outta here, again.  I don't need the aggravation.  

For the curious:  I offered the opinion that WDBarr, who is probably the proprietor of la Mision, was giving a praiseworthy review of his own restaurant.......a questionable practice at the least.
He's also casting himself as a victim of a "vendetta" against Christian missionaries; a common ploy.  Pathetic.
He obviously doesn't know what a "vendetta" means in the old country.  If not everyone is in favor of messing with people's beliefs or lack of them while offering charity, so be it.  It is obvious that those who are in favor of it never let up.

I haven't asked for or heard David's (Tabarka) opinions. The excellent food he offers is his best advertising.

My opinion is that the restaurant should stand on its own merits.  If it can't, no amount of good intentions will create a profit.  I have eaten there, as have friends.  There is plenty of competition.  When they offfer a PRIME rated, prime rib dinner, au jus rather than buried in gravy, at a reasonable price, they will have plenty of loyal customers.

No, I am not the proprietor of La Mision. The only connection I have with La Mision is the several excellent meals I have eaten there. In fact, I had lunch there today, with friends. The tortilla soup was excellent. The duck croquettes were also very good, as was the Mandarin Chicken. The atmosphere is lovely, the staff friendly and attentive. My suggestion is that readers try La Mision for themselves, and not let those whose motives are based strictly on their anti-Christian bias sway them. We are taking our friends and family to La Mision for the New Year's Eve celebration, since it is one of the few places open until after midnight. Maybe we'll see you there.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:33 am

"My suggestion is that readers try La Mision for themselves, and not let those whose motives are based strictly on their anti-Christian bias sway them." WDBarr.

I completely agree that people in general should try a restaurant before passing judgment on it, and opinions should be based on the food, service and prices alone.

BTW:  Are Roman Catholics considered Christians?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 am

gringal wrote:

BTW:  Are Roman Catholics considered Christians?

A silly question , but in Mexico, among some Mexicans, there is a nuanced answer.
Catolicos are Roman Catholics and Protestantes are Christians.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:33 am

Not so silly, if one considers that in the States, Roman Catholicism is considered a "cult" by many Evangelical Christians, and not legitimately "Christian".  Only members of their own congregations will be "saved".
The language in Mexico you mention suggests other takes on the matter.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:43 am

so the lions ate roman catholics and not christians and all those guys on the cross found in every type of catholic church[there's a few just like the johnny come lately protestants] ain't christ?-SNORK! and what are hutterites, mennonites,amish,mormons and jehova witnesses? shall i go on, i can name more that ain't muslim buddist or.....?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:11 am

Pedro, these are questions best left to those who delight in counting angels on pinheads, or who spend their energies converting little Catolicas to another form of worship, or tying headscarves over their glossy black hair. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:22 am

I thought we were going to allow La Mision to succeed or fail as a restaurant and stop this Dead Horse.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:00 pm

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]I thought we were going to allow La Mision to succeed or fail as a restaurant and stop this :29:.[/quote]

We are no longer discussing the restaurant. Most agree that it will stand or fall on its performance as a restaurant.

WDBarr re-introduced religion, complaining about "anti-Christians". Asking him to define that is fair enough, in a country where so many missionaries come to convert a population which has had a majority Christian religion for generations and a church in every village. Those who aren't interested in his answer need not read.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:10 pm

So the thread "La Mision" is no longer about the restaurant and is now debating the real meaning of Christianity. This should be fun.

La Mision - Page 2 18717    La Mision - Page 2 868847     La Mision - Page 2 850219  La Mision - Page 2 87465    La Mision - Page 2 968748    La Mision - Page 2 223506
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:02 pm

gringal wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:I thought we were going to allow La Mision to succeed or fail as a restaurant and stop this Dead Horse.

We are no longer discussing the restaurant.  Most agree that it will stand or fall on its performance as a restaurant.

WDBarr re-introduced religion, complaining about "anti-Christians".  Asking him to define that is fair enough, in a country where so many missionaries come to convert a population which has had a majority Christian religion for generations and a church in every village.   Those who aren't interested in his answer need not read.

yes we can thank wdbarr ,accusing gringal,a coupla others and me for being anti-christians when we in fact were not enamoured of eviljellycoals, whose main function is to create convertibles. they have caused great harm,even death in this country. one such notorious outfit was affiliated with the restaurant until a parting of the sea[whoops! -ways].
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next