INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico?

+11
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
windrider17
arbon
hueco_negro
Jim W
itsme
hockables
Pedro
David
papa chango
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico?

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:41 am

For us USA folks to go to Cuba you had to get a permit.  Non profit, teacher, Reporter that type of thing. In the past a tourist was told no.  And if you folks don't think that Canada gives the US (and visa versa) all of the travel records you are not paying attention. I am sure the same is true in Mexico. All three countries share all flight information including boarding lists.  I believe the fine was 5000 USD if the government cared. Cuban Americans have different rules thus the confusion about the Miami/Cuba flights.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico?

Post by David Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:24 am

It's not illegal for Americans to travel to Cuba, never has been. It is, however, illegal for Americans to SPEND $ in Cuba! BTW, no one has ever been fined for going to Cuba, or spending $ there.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:40 am

this thread has proven we are all experts on cuba even those who have never been but know how to google and drink a lot of beer.

New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico? - Page 2 Cuba_010
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 am

Ha! We drank a lot of great Cuban microbrews at a pub in Havana. Gov't owner and operated but it had 3 great beers, good food, good sercvice and a great Cuban band playing at comida time.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:19 am

was it kinda like this?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 am

Pedro wrote:this thread has proven we are all experts on cuba even those who have never been but know how to google and drink a lot of beer.
Some say that the three great triumphs of the Revolution are education,sports and health care..
What do some say are the three great failures of the Revolution?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:55 am

Infrastructure, farm output, upward mobility.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:48 am

David wrote:Infrastructure, farm output, upward mobility.
Close,but no cigar,,,no pun intended.
Second question,in your opinion was Fidel behind the deaths of Camilo Cienfuegos and Che Guevara and if so, why?

Last edited by viajero on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 am

OK Mr. Smarty, what's the answer? IMHO, Fidel was behind the death of Camilo Cienfuegos but not Che.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:12 pm

David wrote:OK Mr. Smarty, what's the answer?  IMHO, Fidel was behind the death of Camilo Cienfuegos but not Che.
Now we're talking!
IMHO,Fidel wanted complete control and the popularity of Che and Camilo didn't sit well with him,therefore he blew up Camilo's plane and sent Che on a suicide mission to Bolivia where he was executed by another Cuban ,Felix Rodriguez, who was working for the CIA.
The answer to my first question as told to me in joke form by a Cuban immigrant in LA was,,breakfast,lunch and dinner...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Ha! That's great!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:05 am

I think Che was killed by Castro for being too popular. We may never know for sure but lots of people are saying so.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:23 am

che is super popular today. his souvenir stough,pictures, are everywhere,not castro's.
here's his house.
New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico? - Page 2 Casa_d10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:39 am

True, there are more pics of Che and Camilo Cienfuegs than of Fidel. Never the less, there are many of him.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:48 am

a little off topic maybe but i wonder what kind of "drink" was served in this bar. did you check it out david?-SNORK!
New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico? - Page 2 Intere10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:38 am

Looks like you could have gotten a "Golden Shower" there Pedro............. Twisted Evil
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:50 am

I knew that Cuba Libres and Mojitos were popular cocktails in Cuba,what's a "Golden Shower"?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:54 am

Same as it is in the USA, Chris....... Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:29 am

viajero wrote:I knew that Cuba Libres and Mojitos were popular cocktails in Cuba,what's a "Golden Shower"?

If you need to ask you probably don't want to know however Mr. Google will tell you all about it...........jaja.

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:36 am

CanuckBob wrote:
viajero wrote:I knew that Cuba Libres and Mojitos were popular cocktails in Cuba,what's a "Golden Shower"?

If you need to ask you probably don't want to know however Mr. Google will tell you all about it...........jaja.

Beer
lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Jim W wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

Beer
lol!

Hey!!, you guys.......C. lives in a respectable neighborhood.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Jim W wrote:Same as it is in the USA, Chris....... Blackeye
I just googled it. Shocked
Jim,I don't know what part the USA you're from but where I'm from,California,we're not into that kind of preverted behaviour.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Pretty KINKY Chris! I think that CB's suggestion was the safest..........search Google......way to Splain it! Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Shocked I hope the price of my Habanos don't go up.... right now in Mexico they are 20 - 30% what they would cost in Canada

This could be a real crisis... Hoxx don't like donkey shit cigars New Cuban and United States relationships: How will it affect Mexico? - Page 2 968748
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Which Habanos are you getting for that price?

Anyway, in Canada, most of the price is probably taxes, no?

As to the OP, I agree with David. This will probably have little impact on Mexico although it may reduce U.S. tourism originating in Cancun going to Cuba.

It was a good move and should have been done years ago. If you want to liberalize a place, embargoes and isolation is not the way to get it done. Compare China to N.K. for a very good demonstration of that fact.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2