INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House

+5
slainte39
Clueless
RVGRINGO
Tony_In_Mexico
tenbucklucky
9 posters

Go down

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House Empty Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House

Post by tenbucklucky Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:22 am

I have always thought it would be a good idea to re create a Golden Girls style house for women like myself who are on our own but want to share a nice home, perhaps more upscale, with some congenial house mates to share the rent and expenses.

I am not quite a Golden Girl yet.. but am looking to see if there are like minded congenial women who might want to share a home in San Antonio or surrounds. I have just started looking for a place but before I do, I thought I put up this post to see if anyone else might be interested in co-housing.

I love to cook but don't often do it just for myself, enjoy a nice glass of wine, and intriguing conversation at the end of the day. It would be great to team up with some pleasant, interesting women who might want to house share. I don't really enjoy living on my own, I find it a bit isolating, although I can afford to do so.

If you would like to explore the idea further, email me privately.

tenbucklucky

Back to top Go down

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House Empty Re: Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:38 am

I'm a 6'3 cranky guy. I could be your Bea Arthur.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House Empty Just put down the toilet seat, please!

Post by tenbucklucky Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am

Sounds intriguing- other than being cranky, do you cook??

Are you house trained? Always open to possibilities ;}

tenbucklucky

Back to top Go down

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House Empty Re: Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:45 am

Devil‘s advocate asks:  What landlord would rent to a group and expect to collect from a fluid population of tenants?  I suspect a landlord would only rent to a single person on the contract.  Who would be the responsible person listed on utilities?
Maybe it would be better to form a corporation and sell shares in a purchased property, so a shareholder could sell out her shares to another, or even forfeit them to the corporation upon departure or death.
Sounds like a geriatric commune to me; or maybe a group home without structure.  :)  Have fun with the idea.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House Empty Clarification about how I see the house sharing working..

Post by tenbucklucky Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:02 pm

For anyone who is interested, here is some clarification about my plan:

I would take on the lease myself-as the responsible party. I intend to make this arrangment as easy and stress- free as possible.

I don't need or want the complication of a corporation or such things. Life is far too short! The women who are interested in house sharing can pay their share of the rent and utilities to me. I will deal with the owner/ landlord/ property manager.

My goal is to co create something that works for everyone in writing so there are minimal misunderstandings and everything is spelled out clearly. This is coupled with the flexibility to go back and change things if something is not working.

Clear and open communication is very important in my opinion, particularly when people are sharing housing.

tenbucklucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:07 pm

tenbucklucky wrote:Sounds intriguing- other than being cranky, do you cook??

Are you house trained? Always open to possibilities ;}

I actually might be a bit too chipper to be a proper Bea Arthur. I do cook, tho. I was also trying to think of some other funny habit. I was stuck on watching tv in the nude, but decided that wasn't so much funny as unsavory.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tenbucklucky Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:51 am

I am also open to just one pleasant house-mate, so if you know of anyone who might want to house-share, please let me know!

tenbucklucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:35 pm

The reason the Golden Girls worked out so well is that they were scripted well.

Real life isn't scripted.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Clueless wrote:The reason the Golden Girls worked out so well is that they were scripted well.

Real life isn't scripted.

That's what I kept telling my ex-wife. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:23 am

I'm looking for a "Father Ted" house - I get to be Father Jack Hacket!

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPNu5L3zlg68gH5oJc9GAyOhwC89R7K-06zebDl-v1bfgF3lav
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by roni Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:56 pm

I think it is a wonderful idea and it is happening all over the USA. Good luck to you!!

roni

Back to top Go down

Looking for congenial Housemates for a "Golden Girls" House Empty Interested in discussing

Post by PJO2015 Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:25 pm

I've had great experiences and established lifelong friendships flatting with women in foreign countries. Would be delighted to discuss further.

PJO2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:04 am

I've flatted a few women. I should really lose some weight.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:38 am

lol!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down