INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart.

+4
The Postman
zenwoodle
Luisa
Zedinmexico
8 posters

Go down

Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart. Empty Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart.

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:50 am

Anybody else seen the full size elephant in Ajijic?? Been there a few days?? Is this the elephant that use to be in the compound east of LCS under a tree years ago??

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart. Empty Re: Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart.

Post by Luisa Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:00 am

It's advertising the circus. Last night there were camels and an elephant in the parking lot and the tent was up. Maybe that's where they were keeping our ponies.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart. Empty Re: Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart.

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:06 am

Luisa wrote:It's advertising the circus.  Last night there were camels and an elephant in the parking lot and the tent was up.  Maybe that's where they were keeping our ponies.

I bet you are right! You win the saddle for the pony!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:17 am

Does anyone know when the circus is? I haven't seen anything on it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:12 am

You'll know. They roll trucks through town - often with animals - announcing it with a loud speaker. They've been here a couple of days already. I saw them in the Tobolandia parking lot when I returned from the beach on Tuesday. Tonight may be opening night!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:17 am

Real Elephant now at Tobolandia corner now or at least at 10am.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:40 am

That elephant and a few camels have been there for a couple of days now. The elephant isn't looking too happy.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:43 am

Is this elephant pink by any chance? Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Today is opening day of the Circo according to the plane flying over my house. Didn't catch all of the announcement, but there's a show a 6pm and another at 8:30pm.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:31 pm

Cool, I saw and heard that plane too. Only in Mexico can a plane fly over the houses, under 500 ft., at bare stall speed, with a blaring loud speaker......jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:58 pm

I saw the trailer with the fake elephant along with 4 camels and a live elephant by Tobielanda

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Damn circus! If i have to listen to that f**king plane flying overhead blaring that loudspeaker one more time, I'd be tempted to fire a missile launcher at him! And I thought they brought in a law to prevent animals from being used in traveling circuses?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:42 pm

No and no.......best get used to the noise......jajaja.

Went and met the elephant today. Going to the circus tonight.

I think he likes me.

Lets see how many folks here pay attention when they drive to Walmart. 15253410
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Luckily next year, these poor animals won't have the trauma of being shipped around in traveling circuses in Mexico. Glad to see that this legislation has passed!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Here's the link to the article about the legislation...
http://www.care2.com/causes/victory-mexico-moves-to-ban-wild-animals-in-circuses.html

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Nice photo.

By the way, the tickets are $50 for kids, $100 for adults, and $150 for the first two rows, which is called the "palco", and is a sort of private box sectioned off from the general grand stand. In my experience with these small town Mexican circuses, there is absolutely no reason to pay for the palco, unless you just want to smell the acts. If it was a real high-quality circus like in the big cities, the palco is great, but generally it's more fun in the stands with the riff-raff. (One time in Morelia, a tiger sprayed pee - a lot of it - on the people in the palco next to us. No, really.)

There's also a third matinee show on weekends, at 4pm.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:12 am

We went last night. Sat in the upper $100 pesos seats. As Rosa said there is really no reason to be down low and up front unless you are taking little kids. The little kids up front can get involved with some of the show.

The show was really funny and good. There were some very talented people performing the juggling, trampoline and trapeze acts. There was very little involvement with any of the animals. Basically the elephant came out, performed a few tricks and then let the kids get their pictures taken on top of him. At no time was he whipped or even directed. He seemed to perform the tricks on his own. He was one smart elephant.

It is worth checking out. More like a circus solei show.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Guess I'll have to go see what is happening.

The first day I was in MX, I was in Torreon. There was 5 lanes of traffic each way. The light turned red, a kid that looked about 10 brought out a 20' ladder, climbed up and stood on the top, lit 3 torches and put on a great juggling act. Then he put out the torches, climbed down and took his ladder off just as the light changed green.

His buddies were coming down the traffic collecting tips.

I looked at that and could think of at least 30 misdemeanors and several felonies.

I remember thinking "You don't see this in the US".

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down