INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MR. & MRS. ONCESUBTLE - THANKS

+3
kiva
CanuckBob
Walter
7 posters

Go down

MR. & MRS. ONCESUBTLE - THANKS Empty MR. & MRS. ONCESUBTLE - THANKS

Post by Walter Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Bob - I want to publicly thank you and the Missus, for all the help that you have given me, a virtual stranger. You gave me some very comfortable accommodation (and pretty much the run of the place) and the use of the house next door to sort out my shit. That took a lot of stress off and allowed me more time to wonder "what to do today". You've got a great place there, mtn. views, lake views and the constant soap opera at the police station. Great people watching. Hopefully, next time I will be able to plan ahead, and book a room! Good Karma to youse guys! flag waver
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

MR. & MRS. ONCESUBTLE - THANKS Empty Re: MR. & MRS. ONCESUBTLE - THANKS

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 pm

I will second that. The "Oncesubtles" are the consummate hosts and one of the huge reasons that my wife and I have chosen Lake Chapala to live the next adventure in our lives. I highly recommend that anyone wishing to check out the lake also check out Bob's hospitality and accommodations.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:46 pm

The people, the malecon, Christina park, people watching at the plaza. The town just seems to fit.
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:51 am

Great people, a pleasure to meet and listen to their insights on the area. They are a testament to the lifestyle and the warmth of Lakeside. They have touched many with their kindness.
kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:51 am

You'll not find a better booster for Chapala than Oncesubtle/RoofBob. We've been here almost three years now (Wow, where did the time go!) and would also like to thank the "Oncesubtles" for making the transition a more comfortable one. The hospitality, the information and the new friends have made moving to lakeside the wonderful adventure it is.
THANK YOU!!!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:36 am

Wow guys and dolls, thanks! It was a pleasure to meet and host you and all the other good folks exploring lakeside as a retirement haven. And un grande bonus for us are all the enduring friendships found as we share our little slice of paradise.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:30 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I will second that. The "Oncesubtles" are the consummate hosts and one of the huge reasons that my wife and I have chosen Lake Chapala to live the next adventure in our lives. I highly recommend that anyone wishing to check out the lake also check out Bob's hospitality and accommodations.

Bob, Maybe you could explain - how many apartments for rent - short or long term, obviously a good activity location in Chapala. OR Candice or Bob could explain how they bought an older fixer upper and turned it into a gem. I think the details would be interesting.

PS I have my own shack in San Juan Cosala or I'd be tempted to come and stay. Very Happy
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:59 pm

[quote].......how they bought an older fixer upper and turned it into a gem./quote]

That's an easy one. Just keep rubbing money on it. And on it, and on it.
After enough time and money, people will be rushing to snap pictures of what's behind the walls when the gate's open.
Meanwhile, be sure you have some good tranquillizers for those "special times".

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:42 pm

simpsca wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I will second that. The "Oncesubtles" are the consummate hosts and one of the huge reasons that my wife and I have chosen Lake Chapala to live the next adventure in our lives. I highly recommend that anyone wishing to check out the lake also check out Bob's hospitality and accommodations.

Bob, Maybe you could explain - how many apartments for rent - short or long term, obviously a good activity location in Chapala. OR Candice or Bob could explain how they bought an older fixer upper and turned it into a gem. I think the details would be interesting.

PS I have my own shack in San Juan Cosala or I'd be tempted to come and stay. Very Happy

Thanks for asking Simpsca, here's a photo link of our place and our VRBO ad. for anyone interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7341028@N04/
http://www.vrbo.com/111336

The purchase, rehab., furnishing and decorating was straightforward but what still amazes me is how profitable it is to have rental properties, in large part because the taxes, fees etc. are so low. A couple of landlordy friends of mine and I have remarked on several occasions, "Why isn't everyone doing this?" Of course there are a ton of reasons why not, but I'm here to tell ya, if you have the room, the where-with-all and moxie you might want to seriously consider it.

oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Love the decorating. And did you pay that guy to ride by the house in the exterior shot. All the food you photographed is making me hungry.

So where is the pottery factory. I've been to that craft and pottery center on the hill in Chapala before you get to Sorianna but that is a real factory.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:40 am

simpsca wrote:Love the decorating. And did you pay that guy to ride by the house in the exterior shot. All the food you photographed is making me hungry.

So where is the pottery factory. I've been to that craft and pottery center on the hill in Chapala before you get to Sorianna but that is a real factory.
Thanks simpsca, Candace did all the building redesign, furnishing and decorating, I was just the bag man. The horse guy klops by most days, the pictured food is everywhere and a daily treat and the pottery factory, sadly, has closed. It was located way back in the NW corner of Ixtlahuacan and had been a commercial success and going concern for many years even to the point of shipping 40' containers of pottery to Israel. They said they had to close because of the competition from China! MR. & MRS. ONCESUBTLE - THANKS 968748

Last edited by oncesubtle on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deteriorating mental facilities)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum