INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disturbing News or Perhaps Unfounded Rumors

+11
Ms Mac
saege007
gringal
oncesubtle
kipissippi
CanuckBob
itsme
Carry Bean
simpsca
ferret
hound dog
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disturbing News or Perhaps Unfounded Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Disturbing News or Perhaps Unfounded Rumors

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:41 pm

I don't think this is about barking...or the vicious cretin would poison specific dogs. I think it's a power thing....it's about killing and getting away with it. Most serial killers start out with animals and gradually escalate. How easy would it be to give something to a trusting little kid? Or how far fetched is it for a toddler to pick something up and put it in his mouth? This guy is scary.

kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Disturbing News or Perhaps Unfounded Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Disturbing News or Perhaps Unfounded Rumors

Post by Ms Mac Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Last time we were in Chapala, the house we rented was next to a junkyard. It had a high fence, so was not an eyesore. The owners had a couple of dogs that barked from about 10pm till 6am. When we got up in the morning the dogs slept. I don't know how many nights we went without sleep. I would never poison a dog but I can see why some people might be tempted.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Even if someone is poisoning rats or over dog population. or barking dogs, this type of poisoning, (putting poison in food) could easily poison a child and ought to be outlawed and enforced. Disturbing News or Perhaps Unfounded Rumors - Page 2 18717
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm

I think we should take the CSI approach, see what these dogs really are dying of, perhaps there will be a clue in the bad guy's methodology which can lead to his identity / capture.

Autopsy / blood tests to see what really is killing them and if a pattern, then see where such poison is sold and perhaps it may not be too common and we can see who sells such products and go from there or have I been watching too much TV in my nonexistent spare time?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 pm

Well Spencer, if we were in LA I'm sure CSI would have the equipment to do that analysis, but here in Mexico?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:48 pm

I know Antonio of the Ladron clinic for animals was working on getting some laws passed to protect animals. I don't know is he was successful or if there are any laws protecting animals.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 am

On TOB I think someone said the poison was Warfarin (sp?)

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 am

I think a simple blood test done by a lab would do the trick. If the person is using Warfarin, perhaps we can find out where it is sold, the guy must be buying alot of it so may not be hard to find.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 am

Warfarin is rat poison. The kind that liquifies your innards so you bleed to death internally. They make it in convenient pellets and an appealing odor/flavor to most mammals....
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:13 am

This on Chapala.com, quote:

Goeffrey Kaye of the Animal Shelter posted an Alert about the dog and cat poisonings in the Ajijic area last week, when it heard of the poisonings about someone whose dogs were poisoned.

He is announcing now that the Shelter will offer a $1000 pesos reward for the apprehension or proof of the person who is responsible to these poisonings. One person who lost two dogs says that there is strong suspicion on who this is.

If anyone wants to join in with additional funds, Geoffrey would like you to contact his PR person, Thetis Reeves at Thetis01@gmail.com. Or go see him at the Animal Shelter with any ideas.
We see that finally there are posters up warning about these poisonings. The poster is well written but not very noticeable.

The Shelter has felt that warning posters should be all over town. It will create an attention-getting warning poster if others will volunteer their time to post them.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Warfarin is a blood anticoagulant, commonly incorrectly called a blood thiner. It's used to treat blood clot problems in humans. For human use it's goes by the brand name Coumadin. I take it.

When given to animals in large amounts, it causes internal and external bleeding leading to death. A dog may have a bloody stool and server nose bleeding. It is even possible to have bleeding from the conjunctiva around the eyes.

It is possible for an animal (dog) to die from eating an animal (rat) which died from Warfarin poisoning. I lost a dog that way.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Perhaps we could pass the hat around at our gathering on April 15th to bump this reward up a wee bit............
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Great idea, Bob. I'm in for that.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Update on Shelter Reward Program found on Chapala.com:

I'm pleased to tell you that a number of people have contributed toward our reward money. It is as of this morning $4700 pesos.

I have updated the poster to reflect this amount and also that fact that the reward comes from the Animal Shelter and other concerned individuals. By Monday, they should be ready and available in early afternoon to pick up by those who volunteered to post them around town. We'll have a sheet to sign so we know which neighborhoods are being covered. And also this list will remind where they should go, like vets' offices, El Torito, SuperLake, and other specific areas.

Rjeu, a poster on this website, has run off some of our posters and delivered them to the Shelter this morning. We've immediately put them up.

On Monday we also hope to have the poster translated and ready in Spanish.

I'm putting one in my rear door car window. If anyone else wants to do this I can email the latest poster directly to you, if you're able to print it out. Otherwise pick one up Monday at the Shelter. This way a poster goes wherever you go!

Thank you all for your interest, suggestions and donations.
Lexy
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Apparently some guy is ID'd with name and everything on a poster at the animal shelter. Looks like they are forming a lynch mob on TOB. I sure hope they have the right guy. I would like to see what evidence they have before doing anything. If it's just hear say and rumor I wouldn't go near it...
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:21 pm

I didn't get the impression the guy was on the posters just that they"knew" who it was. They better have it right, as you say.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:28 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Apparently some guy is ID'd with name and everything on a poster at the animal shelter. Looks like they are forming a lynch mob on TOB. I sure hope they have the right guy. I would like to see what evidence they have before doing anything. If it's just hear say and rumor I wouldn't go near it...

Amen to that. A while ago, a lady who lived in the Raquet Club had two pet dogs poisoned. She just "knew" it was a certain neighbor, but had absolutely no proof. Let's hope there is some solid evidence (like maybe an eyewitness or better yet, a photo of the person in the act) before the lynch mob mentality kicks in here. After living here a while, I've seen the rumor mill in full operation on other matters where it was proven dead wrong. That gets scary.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I didn't get the impression the guy was on the posters just that they"knew" who it was. They better have it right, as you say.

Here is what was posted on TOB:

We were at the shelter yesterday to donate towards the reward. They have a paper you can read about this $%&/(). They have his name, age, description, address, type of vehicle and license plate.

Maybe they should take some of that reward money to hire a PI to investigate this case.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Is the dog considered personal property? If so, is not destruction of personal property a crime? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:39 pm

I left a message on Intercasa's section, hoping he'll know the law on such things.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2