INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bitchin'

+12
Rosa Venus
Traveller
JayBear
mexicobear
nthensome
Trailrunner
slainte39
Intercasa
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
arbon
oncesubtle
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bitchin' Empty Bitchin'

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:58 am

Obviously it's a basic human need to bitch about anything and everything. And today with the net and the boards those gripes seem magnified. The benefit being solutions are sometimes found or at least a little sympathy. But spending an hour reading the boards this morning left me wondering why I am living here? The corruption, crime, immigration hassles, bureaucracies and scams, etc. But then I had a nice breakfast on the terrace, noticed all the birds chirping, the beautiful day and it occurred to me I would never ever even consider leaving.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Bitchin' Empty Re: Bitchin'

Post by arbon Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:10 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Obviously it's a basic human need to bitch about anything and everything. And today with the net and the boards those gripes seem magnified. The benefit being solutions are sometimes found or at least a little sympathy. But spending an hour reading the boards this morning left me wondering why I am living here? The corruption, crime, immigration hassles, bureaucracies and scams, etc. But then I had a nice breakfast on the terrace, noticed all the birds chirping, the beautiful day and it occurred to me I would never even consider leaving.  

¿So how many places have you left, to get where you are now?

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:12 pm

You have that right.
This phenomenon of instant and constant communication has magnified the bitchin' problem by a huge factor. People are spending too much time on their keyboards and not enough listening to the birds. Go, birds !
What to complain about anyway, in a place where you don't have to shovel snow?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:14 pm

arbon wrote:
oncesubtle wrote:Obviously it's a basic human need to bitch about anything and everything. And today with the net and the boards those gripes seem magnified. The benefit being solutions are sometimes found or at least a little sympathy. But spending an hour reading the boards this morning left me wondering why I am living here? The corruption, crime, immigration hassles, bureaucracies and scams, etc. But then I had a nice breakfast on the terrace, noticed all the birds chirping, the beautiful day and it occurred to me I would never even consider leaving.  

¿So how many places have you left, to get where you are now?

Every place I've ever lived in the states or central America. I'd guess about 30 before moving here 9 years ago.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:19 pm

It is true that we see things not as they are but as we are. It is also true that we are most likely to see what we are looking for.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:23 pm

We all need to look at the bright side. Soon I will buy back my stolen baby stroller, the bright side is am getting it back as it isnt sold in Mexico
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:35 pm

The simple concept of a glass half full or half empty seems very difficult for some people to conceive.
I have managed to concentrate my bitchin' down to one thing....MC. lol!
....and he only bothers me during waking hours and when I'm not Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Bitchin' is a habit. Most people are not aware of how much they do it. I know some people who almost exclusively complain, whine and bitch about EVERYTHING. No matter the topic they will come up with the negative, dark side of it. They seem not to realize there is any other side to life.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Bitchin' is a habit. Most people are not aware of how much they do it. I know some people who almost exclusively complain, whine and bitch about EVERYTHING. No matter the topic they will come up with the negative, dark side of it. They seem not to realize there is any other side to life.

Could and should be written in/on granite.......

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:03 pm

HAHAHA, Spencer! That is a classic Viva Mexico!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:15 pm

And Spencer will probably be getting it for 1/2 price. Such a deal!
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:28 pm

He better! lol How did the negotiating go, Spencer???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 pm

oncesubtle wrote:And Spencer will probably be getting it for 1/2 price. Such a deal!

Happens all the time in big jewelry heists....but baby strollers???..... Shocked

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:50 pm

"...but baby strollers???...

The big picture, think the big picture. The U.S legalizing marijuana will hurt the cartel's profits so stroller jackin' will replace that income. Do you know how many baby strollers there are in Mexico? Gotta hand it to 'em, they are some crafty bastards.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by nthensome Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:19 pm

Should I bring down a shipment of strollers or will the stroller cartel pick me off?

nthensome

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:43 pm

I think you'll be ok if you bring the gray K-Mart specials but I'd stay away from the fancy jobs with the dingle balls and spinner hub caps. Why just the other night I saw and young man and his wife styling along the malecon with a stroller that looked fresh off a TV show that must have been named Pimp My Stroller. It turned heads up and down the promenade. I thought it odd the baby had a mustache but when I noticed the capital "Z" for a license plate it all made sense. Good luck.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicobear Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:41 pm

Thirty places before moving to Ajijic? Sounds like lots a bitchin to me! By the way, Mexicans are not bastards. That is offensive and mean.

mexicobear

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Maybe he was referring to Canadian cartels? Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Actually I was referring to the Mexican cartels which to some degree are multinational but not to split hairs, I think every person in a cartel is a bastard, and much worse.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:25 pm

mexicobear wrote:Thirty places before moving to Ajijic? Sounds like lots a bitchin to me! By the way, Mexicans are not bastards. That is offensive and mean.

Bastards are everywhere on the planet. A guy steals your baby stroller; he's a bastard. Or any other insulting term you'd want to use. That's pretty low.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:29 pm

mexicobear is still pondering the true meaning of wet back and how they differ from a wet tea bag, or do they, and how about a person with a wet body? Answers please!
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:46 pm

oncesubtle wrote:mexicobear is still pondering the true meaning of wet back and how they differ from a wet tea bag, or do they, and how about a person with a wet body? Answers please!

A wetback/wet body differs from a tea bag in that he is a heroic type fighting the restrictions placed on those who want to enter the Promised Land and would be turned away. Heroic, because he usually is doing this to find the work allowing him to support his family back home, and it's a very dangerous move.

I wonder if those using that term would have the cojones to try that? Not likely. More likely they'll just keep on dipping their tea bags and being righteous.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Alas, Spencer, people keep having babies here. Strollers are no doubt very hot commodities. I noticed when I moved here from the US that Soriana and Walmart have large areas devoted to baby stuff. Bit of a shock, compared to the US. The Catholic church has much to apologize for. Which reminds me, which is the leading charity here supporting birth control??

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Soriana and Walmart baby departments ain't nuthin'! In the U.S. they have whole stores devoted to the must-haves of babydom.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:21 pm

JayBear wrote:Alas, Spencer, people keep having babies here. Strollers are no doubt very hot commodities. I noticed when I moved here from the US that Soriana and Walmart have large areas devoted to baby stuff. Bit of a shock, compared to the US. The Catholic church has much to apologize for. Which reminds me, which is the leading charity here supporting birth control??
People have more babies in Mexico because there are more young people who are of child-bearing age. The proliferation of such expensive ítems as strollers can be seen in a positive light. You won't see a lot of strollers in Rwanda, which has one of the highest birth rates on the planet.

In Mexico, the overall population is aging and the birth rate is dropping, by the way. The average reproduction rate is 2.29 children per mom as opposed to 2.01 in the US. The use of birth control among women of childbearing age is 70.9% in Mexico compared with 76.4% in the US. This is a 2006 statistic and I expect the birth control coverage is higher now. All these stats are from the CIA World Factbook. So for all you people who think Mexicans still need to get the message to reduce the size of their families, relax. That battle has been won.

And for those of you who think lower birthrates automatically produce a stronger national economy in the short term, here is a 2013 Financial Times article which gives a more complex analysis. Demographics: Birth rate fall and longer life expectancies cloud Mexico's future.

On the subject of charities which support birth control - the Tepehua Project is one of those which supports birth control in conjunction with maternal and child health so that mothers can choose to have families that are smaller and healthier.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum