INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE

3 posters

Go down

MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE Empty MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE

Post by slainte39 Sun May 10, 2015 1:50 pm

There is a thread on the TOB about what people consider and choose as their 3 most favorite restaurants in Ajijic.
Since I am persona non grata over there, I thought I would it bring it over here and expand it to lakeside. (Canelo made such short work of Kirkland last night that I got to bed early and woke up thinking of things to do. lol!

So here goes my three....
  .....Perry's.....(pizza, burgers, chili, etc., a sort of hometown fast food, albeit good one, operation.)
  .....Ajijic Tango.....(beef of any kind, some Italian dishes, a variety of starters.)
  .....Gossip's.....(just about anything on the menu as a lot of diversity, and a potpourri of specials that pop up from time to time.)

Not in any particular order as I like to alternate them for diversity.

Now there are a half dozen to ten other places that come very close, so this required an academic study that took all of 10 seconds, but I'll stick to my self imposed rules.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE Empty Re: MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE

Post by gringal Sun May 10, 2015 3:56 pm

That food thread on TOB:  When I saw Min Wah as a candidate, I knew there was little hope.  I got stuck eating lunch there with a group not long ago.  Never again.  I'd love to see a real Chinese eatery come to town, even a hole in the wall.

Gossip's: Yes.  no doubt the best burger in town.  Some other dishes require an asbestos lining in the mouth.  Not for me.

Haven't tried Perry's yet, but take out pizza will be my first shot at it.

But, the best post on the thread was by the fella who felt my favorite eatery didn't get votes because they don't have a "proper bar". (They do have beer and wine) Perhaps he needs a hip flask along for lunch.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE Empty Re: MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE

Post by slainte39 Mon May 11, 2015 12:31 am

Min Wah?....and you lived to tell about it?  Shocked

Asbestos lining?....yeah, I handle the picante pretty well, but I look like this. MY THREE FAVORITE RESTAURANTS....LAKESIDE 633732

Your last comment concerns one of the regulars at the Cameleon. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 11, 2015 10:47 am

ROFL at the smiley.

Min Wah: I lived, somehow.  The food makes Roberto's faux Chinese Sunday dinner seem like haute cuisine in comparison.

I'm still chuckling about judging a restaurant on boozeability.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm

my favourite is our kitchen and then dining room table. then molcajetes [for those],tango[for lamb] and magana[fish and chips]. chinese around here is pretty bad when you come from a city that had a damn good '"oriental" town and some fair indian fare. one of those gave you a choice of mild to what they called atomic. that's what i used to order and it makes your eyebrows sweat[perfection] but i can't take that no mo.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down