INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want authentic? I got ya authentic right here?

+7
shana
Rosa Venus
gvprod
annied
slainte39
Traveller
TrueBrit
11 posters

Go down

Want authentic?  I got ya authentic right here? Empty Want authentic? I got ya authentic right here?

Post by TrueBrit Fri 15 May 2015 - 17:59

Tired of the Sizzler menu at Tango's?  Uninspired by the overly gringo friendly menu selections at Ajijic's tried and trusted restaurants?  No?  I thought not..... But going locally authentic once in a while is a refreshing change and a lot of fun.
For those who have seen the Easter Passion Play in Ajijic may know that the whole thing is organized by Eduardo Ramos.  What you might not know is that Eduardo is also a cordon bleu chef and owns a cenaduria (dinner only restaurant) on Marcos Castellanos in Ajijic.  It's just a couple of doors above the carretera - round the corner from the chicken rotisserie El Pechugon.
Eduardo puts the same dedication into his cooking as he does with his managing of the play.  He is interested in preserving or resurrecting traditions of the past - like the Verbena event in the plaza shortly before Easter.  As a young lad he collected stories from the old folk of Ajijic in order to preserve knowledge and memory of the traditions and has half-written a book.  Walking in the hills with him is like turning back time as he has stories about every plant and how they were used in the past - even pre-Hispanic times.
Eduardo is trying to preserve the food traditions but with cordon bleu attention.  His restaurant is called El Cordero, but as it doesn't even have a sign out front, I'm not sure that helps any.  He cooks in the entrance to the restaurant so you can't miss it.  He will greet you with a warm smile and will try and practice his English (terrible but understandable and very sincere).  You can see the menu on the Facebook page El Cordero.  The wine and beer list is as extensive as that carried by the corner liquor store.  Someone runs up there and buys whatever you want.  It is only open weekends - but it is open late.
Impress your friends.  Go native.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Want authentic?  I got ya authentic right here? Empty Re: Want authentic? I got ya authentic right here?

Post by Traveller Fri 15 May 2015 - 22:40

Yum. I will definitely check it out when I come home next week. Eduardo's English will not be a problem - I'll practice my awful Spanish! Thanks for posting.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Want authentic?  I got ya authentic right here? Empty Re: Want authentic? I got ya authentic right here?

Post by slainte39 Fri 15 May 2015 - 23:15

Phil, around the corner from El Pechugon, up a couple of doors on Marcos Castellanos from the Carretera is Rikki's Japanese/Thai restaurant.  Surely, not the same, but they must be close neighbors.   scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Sat 16 May 2015 - 11:15

Sounds like a "must try"!
annied
annied

Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat 16 May 2015 - 17:15

"corderos" is next door to Rikki's....He only opens at night/evening...usually on weekends...
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat 16 May 2015 - 20:34

This sounds great. Thanks!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Sat 16 May 2015 - 22:59

His facebook page says open S, Su, M from 6:00.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Sun 17 May 2015 - 7:20

Could you post a link to his FB page? Can't find it. TIA

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Sun 17 May 2015 - 9:49

It is in the body of True Brit's post towards the bottom in blue

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun 17 May 2015 - 10:31

No, it is not. I am unable to switch to the classic version as of two days ago. Links do not appear and I can't find the new content button in this new version oh IL.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gpbasap Sun 17 May 2015 - 12:34

I am now able to get the "classic" version, lunateak.
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun 17 May 2015 - 12:37

Thanks! It's working now.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Sun 17 May 2015 - 13:09

Got it now...thanks.

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed 20 May 2015 - 15:58

Okay, I give, how do I switch to the classic version?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 20:11

Not sure if anyone has tried this place yet. When i said that Eduardo cooks out front, I perhaps should have clarified that his cooking station is in the street at the entrance. I hope this has not put anyone off. Eating his sopes right now. Delicious as ever.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down