INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large scale fight

+17
Playaboy
gringal
Traveller
Ms.Thang
gvprod
Smartalex
Pedro
gringomojado
Luisa
Semalu
MexicoPete
tictoc
ltollefs
slainte39
diamondtuffy
CanuckBob
Jreboll
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Large scale fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Large scale fight

Post by gringomojado Sat May 23, 2015 12:19 pm

43 dead, and we are worrying about some lady's feelings being hurt? Por Favor!

gm

gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat May 23, 2015 12:44 pm

So that would be 43 CJNG dead, isn't Chapala CJNG Turf? Geez, if the cops say "move on" I'm moving on.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 12:51 pm

hers is the kind of attitude and actions that give all of us ferners a bad rep.
she didn't apologize -just felt sorry for herself for mentioning her stupidity and then she deleted all her stupid posts herself.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat May 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Last I heard, the Chapala plaza was held by the Milenio cartel, who are allied with the Zetas. They are the people who brought us the Mothers' Day Massacre three years ago. The CJNG are their rivals and claim they are here to protect us, the general population, from the Zetas. The mass grave found near La Barca last year was the dumping ground for Zetas who were killed in Michoacan by the CJNG. A couple of years ago, six Chapala cops were arrested when they were exposed as Milenio cartel infiltrators.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat May 23, 2015 1:32 pm

It made the news on radio in Phoenix AZ
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat May 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Smartalex wrote:Last I heard, the Chapala plaza was held by the Milenio cartel, who are allied with the Zetas. They are the people who brought us the Mothers' Day Massacre three years ago. The CJNG are their rivals and claim they are here to protect us, the general population, from the Zetas. The mass grave found near La Barca last year was the dumping ground for Zetas who were killed in Michoacan by the CJNG.  A couple of years ago, six Chapala cops were arrested when they were exposed as Milenio cartel infiltrators.

Alex, those cops were CJNG, but I think you are right about Chapala being held by Mileneo. I thought the May massacre was straight up Zetas with CJNG being Chapala's "protectors"? Ugh. Why do I want to know this?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat May 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Well I for one am very glad that Ajijic_hiker posted her experience with the motorcycle police. It helps to serve as a reminder that we are not actually living in Paradise, but smack dab in the middle of an area where heavily armed groups have recently decided to ramp up their level of conflict. There's an increased risk of "incidents" happening. Like the recent wee-small-hours shootout in Chapala, for example, which I didn't find mentioned anywhere other than our own Octagon even though I searched the on-line Spanish press. I think the implication of recent events has not penetrated very far into the general ex-pat consciousness. And I think that at this particular time, awareness of the situation could prevent unpleasant experiences and maybe even save lives.

So if someone is sharing information, could we be a little slower to jump down their throats and instead give them a thanks for the heads-up? It would be a shame if people were afraid to report on their experiences because of the fear of nasty backlash.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 23, 2015 3:42 pm

I am assuming the lady in question deleted her posts because of what others have been pointing out here; that when the cops suggest you leave, there's a good reason and you should promptly scoot.

The nasty backlash around here is pretty endemic.  Some folks lie in wait for an opportunity to stone the sinner.

If anyone is starting to worry about safety, the word is: if bullets start flying........head for your bunker and stay there until it stops.  I speak as one who had the dubious opportunity of watching downtown Los Angeles burn from our San Pedro hill, uncomfortably close to the action.  Scary as hell.

For some, this recent spate of trouble will cause them to re-think their decision to move to Mexico and start considering an exit strategy.  Whether they act on it or not may depend on how much safety they were used to before they moved, so I don't blame them for feeling fearful.  How bad is too bad?  Who knows as yet? It would have to be way worse before we considered the "vamoose option".

Last edited by gringal on Sat May 23, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Traveller wrote:Well I for one am very glad that Ajijic_hiker posted her experience with the motorcycle police. It helps to serve as a reminder that we are not actually living in Paradise, but smack dab in the middle of an area where heavily armed groups have recently decided to ramp up their level of conflict. There's an increased risk of "incidents" happening. Like the recent wee-small-hours shootout in Chapala, for example, which I didn't find mentioned anywhere other than our own Octagon even though I searched the on-line Spanish press. I think the implication of recent events has not penetrated very far into the general ex-pat consciousness. And I think that at this particular time, awareness of the situation could prevent unpleasant experiences and maybe even save lives.

So if someone is sharing information, could we be a little slower to jump down their throats and instead give them a thanks for the heads-up? It would be a shame if people were afraid to report on their experiences because of the fear of nasty backlash.
i talked to the moto cops after the ALLEGED shootout and other than one of their motos being toasted they claim there was no shootout. her stupid post told you nothing of the sort of what you wish to make of it. she is just a rude person who feels she has special privileges to ignore police. if there was an actual shootout the town crier would have been here the day after hocking his newspapers like he was when the 3 sailors went missing. you even admit not seeing anything in any news source.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat May 23, 2015 5:07 pm

In the last 2 months there has been lots of "bang, bang, shoot's them ups" within 100 mile radius of Lakeside.  It could even happen here in paradise.

What would you do during the battle on the malecon? Have any of you thought what you have to do at that instant the bullets start to fly?  

Everybody should think these thing through.  Maybe some of the retired Vet's or law enforcement posters could offer suggestions.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Sat May 23, 2015 5:42 pm

One primary reason I never considered actually buying in Mexico. If they shoot up the Malicon there will be a line of cars from here to Laredo (etc) the next morning and I'll be in the middle, I can grab the cat and the computer and in 11 hours I'm in Laredo - so, what do the folks who have lived here for generations do?

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 23, 2015 5:50 pm

gringal wrote:

For some, this recent spate of trouble will cause them to re-think their decision to move to Mexico and start considering an exit strategy.  Whether they act on it or not may depend on how much safety they were used to before they moved, so I don't blame them for feeling fearful.  How bad is too bad?  Who knows as yet?  It would have to be way worse before we considered the "vamoose option".

Really.....I, nor anyone I know have given any of this nary a thought. It all seems par for the Mexican course....no? Have I missed some recent events that has affected any expats either here or anywher in Mexico? Seems like "chicken little" to me.

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 23, 2015 5:54 pm

diamondtuffy wrote:One primary reason I never considered actually buying in Mexico. If they shoot up the Malicon there will be a line of cars from here to Laredo (etc) the next morning and I'll be in the middle, I can grab the cat and the computer and in 11 hours I'm in Laredo - so, what do the folks who have lived here for generations do?

And this is how unfounded rumors get started. Who has said anything about anyone "shooting up the malecon".......geeesh. It starting to sound like the NOB press around here......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 23, 2015 6:46 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:

For some, this recent spate of trouble will cause them to re-think their decision to move to Mexico and start considering an exit strategy.  Whether they act on it or not may depend on how much safety they were used to before they moved, so I don't blame them for feeling fearful.  How bad is too bad?  Who knows as yet?  It would have to be way worse before we considered the "vamoose option".

Really.....I, nor anyone I know have given any of this nary a thought. It all seems par for the Mexican course....no? Have I missed some recent events that has affected any expats either here or anywher in Mexico? Seems like "chicken little" to me.

Beer

I'll bet there are many things all the "people you know" may think, but don't talk to you about. People I know don't, either.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat May 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Playaboy wrote:

What would you do during the battle on the malecon?  Have any of you thought what you have to do at that instant the bullets start to fly?  

Everybody should think these thing through.  Maybe some of the retired Vet's or law enforcement posters could offer suggestions.
Maybe joeinmo could share some the lessons he learned at "The Company".
In the meantime I would suggest ducking,running and hiding behind a palm tree.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Pedro wrote:
Traveller wrote:Well I for one am very glad that Ajijic_hiker posted her experience with the motorcycle police. It helps to serve as a reminder that we are not actually living in Paradise, but smack dab in the middle of an area where heavily armed groups have recently decided to ramp up their level of conflict. There's an increased risk of "incidents" happening. Like the recent wee-small-hours shootout in Chapala, for example, which I didn't find mentioned anywhere other than our own Octagon even though I searched the on-line Spanish press. I think the implication of recent events has not penetrated very far into the general ex-pat consciousness. And I think that at this particular time, awareness of the situation could prevent unpleasant experiences and maybe even save lives.

i talked to the moto cops after the ALLEGED shootout and other than one of their motos being toasted they claim there was no shootout. her stupid post told you nothing of the sort of what you wish to make of it. she is just a rude person who feels she has special privileges to ignore police. if there was an actual shootout the town crier would have been here the day after hocking his newspapers like he was when the 3 sailors went missing. you even admit not seeing anything in any news source.

People like traveller love to permeate the fear factor around with the scantest of evidence and mostly based on chismes.  We are smack dab in the middle of an area that has too many of the same fellow "travellers". How many people actually had to change their lives today because of what happened yesterday over on the border of Michoacán. I got up this morning, had breakfast, went to the grocery store, post offices, and a few other errands,......but ran like hell between the car and buildings...NOT. Complaining about a cop asking you to move on from an area is hardly a heads up, no matter what his reason was. If he had asked for a mordida for the warning, that might be a different story.
As far as being within an 100 mile radius of something happening that could apply to almost anywhere in the world....pretty universal.
I'm sure Waco was within a 100 mile radius of both Dallas and Austin, or people 100 miles from a movie theater in Denver, or 100 miles from the dozens of schools all over the US where there have been shootings, and the countless number of homicides and gun assaults that happen everyday all over North America, people still go on with their lives.
Why should it be any different here?
Even NYC continued to function and actually survived after 9/11, and I don't remember any line up of cars from New York City to Chicago of people trying to leave the City.
Be aware, but be sensible.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 pm

gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:

Beer

I'll bet there are many things all the "people you know" may think, but don't talk to you about.  People I know don't, either.
lol!

Jajaja......well most of the people I know don't have anything to do with these forums and are likely oblivious to 90% of what we think we know or discuss around here.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2015 7:21 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:

Beer

Exactly correct, CBob, not only for expats but for the Mexican population as well.
Someone asked "what do the Mexicans do that have lived here for generations?" Most Mexicans only make it through 3 or 4 generations of living, so it's not forever.
Last night we had dinner at a restaurant that was planned before the end of the world occurrence in Michoacán.  Today, two grand daughters are on a school camping trip, about an hour out of Guadalajara, another has lessons for her first communion, and they have a list of other sundry weekend chores.
Haven't heard of any family members hiding under their bed with a pillow pulled over their head.  Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2015 7:33 pm

gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:

Beer

I'll bet there are many things all the "people you know" may think, but don't talk to you about.  People I know don't, either.
lol!

gringal  we should leave our lewd and lascivious thoughts out of this discussion as it seems to be a fairly serious matter for some.
Very Happy lol! Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 23, 2015 7:38 pm

The absolute worst I have ever heard of around here is what is referred to as the May massacre from 3 years ago. Now that was as close to home as things could possibly get and other than that expat that ran into bad guys in the mountains this had no direct effect on the expats around here either. While I do recall some potential visitors cancelling their trips to here I don't recall any mass exodus.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 23, 2015 9:52 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:

Beer

lol!

gringal  we should leave our lewd and lascivious thoughts out of this discussion as it seems to be a fairly serious matter for some.
Very Happy lol! Beer

slainte.........where's the fun in THAT?

How about this:  one of my relatives is working as a rent-a-cop up in Reno, Nv.  Part of what he's doing is trying to control meth heads going nuts in hospitals and biker gangs at rock concerts.....so.......he emails me about what's going on in Mexico?  Yep.  Apparently the news is going bananas up there.
Smokealot

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat May 23, 2015 10:45 pm

slainte39 wrote: People like traveller love to permeate the fear factor around with the scantest of evidence and mostly based on chismes. 
Slainte39, you have no idea who I am or what I'm like. If you knew me at all, you would know better than to say a silly thing like that. Some day we may meet in person and you can readjust your opinion to a closer resemblance of reality.

Pedro wrote: i talked to the moto cops after the ALLEGED shootout and other than one of their motos being toasted they claim there was no shootout.
Pedro, I guess you didn't read Elbelgicano's post. Strange how the cops just let someone walk up and torch their moto like that, isn't it? Maybe they were having a late night coffee and didn't notice what was happening. Nah, they're too dedicated to go for coffee in the middle of a shift. Hey, I bet it got hit by lightning! And the shots that Elbelgicano thought he heard were just hailstones on his roof... yeah, that must've been it! And the bullets that he saw on the ground were just a product of his overactive imagination ... he admitted he doesn't know much about weapons ... Wow, thanks to you and your cop buddy for setting me straight, Pedro.

And there you go, Slainte, some fresh chisme just for you! I know you read Elbelgancano's post because you commented on it, but don't you like Pedro's version and mine better? You're welcome.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 11:23 pm

i read elbelg's version and i know you or at the very least your husband even if slainte doesn't. so what? carry on with yer chisme. this is the section fer rumours somebody walked up and torched it?????? who said that-SNORK! again-where was all the news on this-DOUBLE SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2015 11:34 pm

Travelle wrote: It helps to serve as a reminder that we are not actually living in Paradise, but smack dab in the middle of an area where heavily armed groups have recently decided to ramp up their level of conflict.

There's an increased risk of "incidents" happening.

Like the recent wee-small-hours shootout in Chapala, for example, which I didn't find mentioned anywhere other than our own Octagon even though I searched the on-line Spanish press.

You are right, I have no idea who you are what you are like, but was commenting on your post which I felt (in IMHO) ramps up the fear for normal living.  Where ever you came from, did you have the same concerns about violence that happened within or around the same distance as the Autlan, Ocotlan, San Sebastian incidents, or yesterdays police action on the Michoacán border.  We are not living in Paradise, but just living in a normal world where violence might occur anywhere, anytime. You are attempting to take it from one extreme to the other.

Increased risk of incidents....how do you know and how large an area are you talking about?

I'm not saying el belgicano is wrong, but you have several versions, excluding yours, which I didn't take seriously and was  an attempt to dilute the fact that one person's version is not always correct.

I try to throw in a few grains of salt with my reading interpretation of events.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun May 24, 2015 12:09 am

I received an email from my brother in the TO area today.
He wanted to know if we were "near the drug wars", and if "he should be concerned for our safety".
My first reaction was "drug wars, what drug wars?", then I realized what his concern was.
His granddaughter is visiting with us for a couple of weeks... It was not my safety that concerned him.
I filled him in on the details of the event, and reminded him that we both grew up in Belfast.
He has not responded to my last email... should I be concerned? Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun May 24, 2015 12:13 am

does he live near jane and finch or on the danforth?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next