INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gym for serious bodybuilding workouts

+6
Pedro
Perritonegro
gringomojado
Hensley
Chapalagringa
SenorDorky
10 posters

Go down

gym for serious bodybuilding workouts Empty gym for serious bodybuilding workouts

Post by SenorDorky Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:37 pm

My current workout venue is getting flaky...last minute cancellations, long vacations.
I am serious about 3x/week weight training.
Can anyone recommend a gym that has good equipment, experienced trainers.
Chapala, Ajijic. English or Spanish speaking.

I do need a dedicated trainer for set appointments.  (If I don't have an appointment I tend to find reasons not to go...)

gracias!

PD: I did try searching "gym," "workout" and "trainer" on this board, but no luck.

SenorDorky

Back to top Go down

gym for serious bodybuilding workouts Empty Re: gym for serious bodybuilding workouts

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Why not hire Jorge at Zona Fitness in Riberas?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

gym for serious bodybuilding workouts Empty Re: gym for serious bodybuilding workouts

Post by Hensley Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:49 am

No, not Jorge he doesn't have the time, hire Eddy from Zona he speaks English and he does a great job training people. 331-386-0324.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Hire Danny Padilla
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perritonegro Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:45 am

There used to be a gym in Chapala for serious workouts. Maybe someone will know if its still around. Usually such gyms are for the diehard lifters and seem to me incompatible with the more yuppie lets get physical crowd.

Perritonegro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:59 am

zona caters to all types and they are extremely well equipped. never saw any "yuppies" there but did see some gringas/gringos and canuckles amongst the mexicans both male and female. everybody was sweating in various degrees of seriousness. so what is a "yuppie" gym user,in any event-hmmmm?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perritonegro Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:02 am

First Pedro I beg permission to steal the word Canuckles.  A yuppie gym, in the day, was where the average person went to keep toned.   A bodybuilders gym didn't have stationary bikes, elliptical machines or treadmills.  Rather, it had squat racks, leg press machines and free-weights on olympic bars.   If you couldn't press over 225 it was not a place to train for serious body builders or power lifters who might grunt loudly often and you'd hear the reverberation when the weights made contact with the floor.   If you walk into a professional training facility, well, think Muscle Beach in California where the Arnie's, Dave Drapers and Larry Scotts congregated.  The yuppie gym, well there you found Frankie Avalon.   Remember the OP asked for a bodybuilders gym so I'm assuming some serious pumping. And girls in a gym --- unheard of!

Last edited by Perritonegro on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just an added thoight.)

Perritonegro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:50 am

zona has equipment of both TYPES as you describe in all respects and you sir are a misogynist of the first order even calling women "girls". some of the "girls" at tha gym could probably out lift and out grunt the likes of you-SNORK!
some of us even get rehab programmes designed by our physio therapists and exclusively use weights and equipment other than treadmills bikes and ellipticals. never been to zona have you?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perritonegro Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Whoa down lady, don't shoot the messenger. You asked what a serious bodybuilding gym was and I told you based on my experience. Why so rude and argumentative?

Perritonegro

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Perritonegro wrote:    Why so rude and argumentative?
Because a confrontation needs a location, and you happened along at the right time.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:42 pm

the op has requested a certain type of gym which also offers quality assistance and several of us have suggested zona because we have actually used it and their experienced trainers.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:24 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Perritonegro wrote:    Why so rude and argumentative?
Because a confrontation needs a location, and you happened along at the right time.  lol!

Do I sense "roid rage" happening? This a danger in bodybuilding!
gm

gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:32 pm

can't be me on 'roids 'cause my bod is toast. must be the black puppy who thinks i is a woman[girl?] simply because i done stuck up fer them buff "girls" at the zona gym or is it jim? my wife straightend me out and told me wimmens don't sweat-they glow..-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Luis, the owner of Health House on Guerrero in Chapala where we go is a serious body builder himself and competes along with others that train at his gym. He is always there any time we go and usually lifting while his wife, son, or another employee handle the desk, so he'd be available for appointments to suit your needs. He also speaks English. He keeps adding new equipment and upgrading now that the new second story is open.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by natbug Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Email: ron@superseniorfitness.com
Phone: 333-458-1980
Web: www.SuperSeniorFitness.com
Videos: www.superseniorstrengthtraining.com

Located in Ajijic on the carretera.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:28 pm

natbug wrote:Email: ron@superseniorfitness.com
Phone: 333-458-1980
Web: www.SuperSeniorFitness.com
Videos: www.superseniorstrengthtraining.com

Located in Ajijic on the carretera.
doesn't look like what the op is looking for but zona has it. i was paying 200p/month at zona unlimited days but doing it 3 times a week was all i could take. my workouts were developed by my physiotherapist.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by natbug Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:14 pm

That depends on your perspective. This couple owned and operated gyms in Canada. They are both certified trainers and highly skilled. If he wants to body build he should talk to Ron himself to see if it fits his needs.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

their vid and website shows no serious equipment.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by natbug Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:49 pm

That is an old video from his home gym. He now has a professional gym on the carratera. In any event I am not interested in debating you, you were not the original poster. I simply shared a link for the OP to consider, no other comments were asked for or required. Have a nice evening.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:57 pm

Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:05 am

I thought Ron was sick?
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by natbug Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:51 am

He is, very, but he wants to work, trying to survive brain cancer is expensive as all get out. Working keeps him sane and brings in much needed money to pay the bills. He'll work as long as he can, hopefully indefinitely.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum