INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scorpions!

+8
artesialulu
indijones
simpsca
holdrja
Tony_In_Mexico
Jim W
juanrey
casaflores
12 posters

Go down

Scorpions! Empty Scorpions!

Post by casaflores July 17th 2015, 5:55 pm

Can anyone recommend a competent exterminator? We live east from the Chapala Country Club and I realize that we are technically in the country and should expect some of nature's critters to try to take up residence in our home, but please, it's starting to look more like a nature preserve inside of our home! Our main problem are scorpions inside of the house. So it is time to have a professional take over and get us some relief. Your help is appreciated!
casaflores
casaflores

Back to top Go down

Scorpions! Empty Re: Scorpions!

Post by juanrey July 17th 2015, 11:01 pm

Fuma Tech - 4 years with them and very few scorpions and 90% are dead when we have them.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W July 17th 2015, 11:12 pm

casaflores wrote:Can anyone recommend a competent exterminator? We live east from the Chapala Country Club and I realize that we are technically in the country and should expect some of nature's critters to try to take up residence in our home, but please, it's starting to look more like a nature preserve inside of our home! Our main problem are scorpions inside of the house. So it is time to have a professional take over and get us some relief. Your help is appreciated!

Sorry I don't have the name, she is known as the Scorpion Lady across from Lake Taco. A tip for you as Deb and I have been stung, while in bed. Make sure your bedding is off the floor. Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico July 18th 2015, 9:51 am

I highly recommend Raul Real. 765-3237, or 331 102 0834. The stuff he uses is safe and doesn't require you to leave the house or remove your pets. Been using him for a couple years now and on the rare occasions I do see a bug or a scorpion, they are dead and usually still outside.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja July 18th 2015, 2:49 pm

We live just east of Chapala, on the ridgeline, out in the country.  We have our house, terraces, garden walls and stables sprayed 3 or 4 times a year by Edwin Gallegos, a nice man who lives in Riberas and who speaks some English if you need that.  His cell is (331) 110-7651.

We pay Edwin 1200 pesos for this service BUT that includes a huge amount of spraying, including taking all our horse's halters, lead ropes and cross ties and putting them in a bag to spray.  

The spray does not seem to bother our cats or dog but we put the cats inside our car while he sprays, just in case.

The other thing we do for scorpions is occasional after-dark hunts using a black-light flashlight that we got off Amazon.  The little suckers glow a bright lime green when hit with that light.

We've been in this (new) house for 4 years now and are seeing fewer scorpions every year.  Hoping the trend continues downward!
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca July 18th 2015, 3:41 pm

Check your towels for scorpions before you dry off. My one encounter with a scorpion was when I got out of the shower - without my glasses I don't see much. I scrubbed my back with a scorpion which was in the towel. Stings all across my back and I had a neurological reaction. Throat started to close, face got numb. Got to a doctor and got a shot but it hurt for weeks. I check my towels now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by indijones July 28th 2015, 10:13 pm

I have traveled to many remote areas in mexico as far south as chiapas...... the common story in many vilages was the myth that the locals that got bit by scorpions never got cancer....i dont know if it was in the pre teen years or not. I got bit by a tiny scorpion at lakeside 4 years ago.... i am hopefull i will not develop cancer :)

indijones

Back to top Go down

Post by artesialulu July 28th 2015, 10:22 pm

simpsca wrote:Check your towels for scorpions before you dry off. My one encounter with a scorpion was when I got out of the shower - without my glasses I don't see much. I scrubbed my back with a scorpion which was in the towel. Stings all across my back and I had a neurological reaction. Throat started to close, face got numb. Got to a doctor and got a shot but it hurt for weeks. I check my towels now.

This sounds like an allergic reaction to the toxin. The shot was probably either a steroid like cortisone of epinephrine or both. Would be to have an epipen at home (injectable epinephrine) to self medicate if it happens again before you are off to the doctor. The degree of reaction can worsen over time and more exposure.
artesialulu
artesialulu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus July 28th 2015, 10:40 pm

Cynoff. A powder available in any decent hardware stores. Mix with water and spray yourself or have your gardener/worker do it. Do all over the interior of the house along baseboards etc., and exterior of house perimeter. First do it every month for eradication, then periodically for maintenance.

I used to pay the fumigators to do the same thing, but now I just do my small house myself for the cost of the powder. Around $60 pesos. E-Z.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay July 28th 2015, 10:56 pm

Interesting because scorpion venom is being studied as a cure for cancer?
Google it

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo July 28th 2015, 11:00 pm

I 2nd the Cynoff for moderate infestations. Been using it for years. That being said, there are areas that seem to be on a 'scorpion trail'. They get many more than their share and the professionals are in order in that case.

I was told when I moved down to always shake out my shoes. That is about the ONLY place I have never found any.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko July 29th 2015, 9:32 am

SunshineyDay wrote:Interesting because scorpion venom is being studied as a cure for cancer?
Google it

A few years ago a wealthy moto friend of mine in Guadalajara was arrested by the feds for illegally importing scorpion venom cancer medications from Cuba. He was selling the venom in Guadalajara to cancer treatment clinics until some of the larger pharma companies caught up with him. Seems they did not like the competition.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by indijones July 29th 2015, 12:36 pm

The pills from scorpion venon brought to us from cuban research cost 700.00 for 30 pills in usa in mexico they cost about 450.00
Cuba also has a treatment for lung cancer.

They have been backed by europeans 20 some years ago when they financed a research facility in cuba. To date cuba has given the world 4 vaccines for world wide illness that provided then with $$$$$$ to survive the embargo

indijones

Back to top Go down

Post by indijones July 29th 2015, 12:38 pm

For male colon cancer... the place to go is loma linda medical center in california..... they developed the lazer to treat the cancer area

indijones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down