INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retiring to Ajijic - could use some (lots of) advice....

+25
slainte39
David
hockables
espíritu del lago
SunshineyDay
Ricardo
Gamina
Cincy
viajero
Lady Otter Latté
Explorador
PoCo2012
Fastfox
juanrey
gringal
toedippers
wildharp
RVGRINGO
REC
Jim W
Zedinmexico
Pogo
RickS
brigitte
CanuckBob
29 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Retiring to Ajijic - could use some (lots of) advice....  - Page 5 Empty Re: Retiring to Ajijic - could use some (lots of) advice....

Post by toedippers Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:37 pm

What's a Fracc and why should I be worried?

I read comments that mention Fracc's... and usually not in a good way - are these like condo associations or HOA's or something else? and are there some I should be particularly impressed with/worried about?

thanks

toedippers

ps: only 11 days until we arrive in ajijic - getting excited about the trip and the likelihood we'll probably ignore all the good advice and buy the first overpriced ejido
-land-built Fracc on a noisy bus route - we come across ;-)

toedippers

Back to top Go down

Retiring to Ajijic - could use some (lots of) advice....  - Page 5 Empty Re: Retiring to Ajijic - could use some (lots of) advice....

Post by juanrey Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Not a lawyer, but my understanding is Fraccs are areas that have HOA dues but do not own the roads within the area. It is my understanding LA Floresta, Villa Nova, Chula Vista are all Fraccs. El Dorado, Vista Alegre, Los Sabinos are all set up as Condos. Those are just examples there are others of each. Some may say Condos have better security because they can control access and egress more strictly. My opinion.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Some Fraccionamentos have problems with people not paying their dues or water and it is very difficult to have them pay. I heard that the condos do not have those provlems but I do not know if it is correct.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5