INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stoves with ovens and a broiler built into it

+4
artesialulu
holdrja
RVGRINGO
pamarie
8 posters

Go down

stoves with ovens and a broiler built into it Empty stoves with ovens and a broiler built into it

Post by pamarie Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Can you buy a stove appliance that has a broiler built into it here in Lake Chapala or in Guad? I thought some of you wrote that ovens are available that are equipped with broilers if a person wants to have a regular kind of stove/oven appliance like in the States. I couldn't find the responses on that from a past post so was wondering if anyone could remind me again. Thanks!

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

stoves with ovens and a broiler built into it Empty Re: stoves with ovens and a broiler built into it

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Yes. You just have to shop hard for one. Many years ago, we found ours at the grand opening of the Walmart on Lopez Mateo Sur. It was an Acros with two oven racks, window, smart burner, anti-child shut-off, broiler drawer, heavy comal, etc. That was in 2005.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

stoves with ovens and a broiler built into it Empty Re: stoves with ovens and a broiler built into it

Post by gringal Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:46 pm

pamarie wrote:Can you buy a stove appliance that has a broiler built into it here in Lake Chapala or in Guad?  I thought some of you wrote that ovens are available that are equipped with broilers if a person wants to have a regular kind of stove/oven appliance like in the States.  I couldn't find the responses on that from a past post so was wondering if anyone could remind me again.  Thanks!

Go to Tio Sam's on the Libramento. They have everything, and what they don't have, they can order for you. If you pay cash instead of using a credit card, they'll give you a nice discount if you ask.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:11 pm

I second Tio Sam's........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Electroventas on the Lakeside of the highway, in Riberas, occasionally has them. And they have much better prices than Tio Sam's (they are a "scratch and dent" place, but the appliances we bought from them looked brand new). We've purchased a half dozen appliances from each of these stores, and I feel that the service at Electoventas is much better. Tio Sam's has stiffed us on any warranty repairs that were needed.
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Sorry to hear that. Tio Sam's has bent over backwards for any problems we have ever had. Even when our appliances were out of warranty they contacted and sent out the appropriate repair people.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:17 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Sorry to hear that. Tio Sam's has bent over backwards for any problems we have ever had. Even when our appliances were out of warranty they contacted and sent out the appropriate repair people.

And y'know, I've heard that from several other people as well. But when we went back to them with issues/repairs needed on the appliances purchased there, they would not give us the time of day. Weird. Maybe they have an issue with the contractors who built our house, and were the ones who initiated the Tio Sam purchases? Who knows.
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:25 pm

I've had excellent warranty service from Tio Sam's. No problems.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artesialulu Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:29 pm

gringal wrote:I've had excellent warranty service from Tio Sam's.  No problems.

I have been satisfied with both stores and Electroventa can get what you want if they don't ave it in stock.
artesialulu
artesialulu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NEGringos Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:32 pm

We couldn't find what we wanted locally so bought our Io Mabe gas range with oven and broiler @ Sears in GDL.  We've been very happy with it. Sears did charge us to deliver to Chapala but we bundled the charges with all the rest of our appliances that we replaced so we received a pretty
nice discount.

NEGringos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:46 am

If you are looking for a broiler, be aware that for the ovens that do have a broiler it is oftentimes located on the inside, top of the oven. I could not find one with a separate broiler compartment on the bottom, like many are NOB.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by NEGringos Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:50 am

You probably won't find those any more unless you want to pay big bucks.

NEGringos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:01 am

NEGringos wrote:You probably won't find those any more unless you want to pay big bucks.

Based on not-so-fond memories of bending down and dealing with those bottom drawer broilers, I was happy to opt for a separate waist high oven with the broiler on top. This is a happy solution if you have room in the kitchen. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:33 am

I have a wall mount oven with the separate broiler on the bottom. No bending over with the wall mounts, and yes, you can still buy them. They are more expensive relative to those without a broiler.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum