INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycle Racetrack? Truth or Rumor

+14
Sunnyvmx
hockables
Lady Otter Latté
Woody
Rosa Venus
Trailrunner
Intercasa
viajero
SunshineyDay
slainte39
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
Playaboy
shana
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Motorcycle Racetrack?  Truth or Rumor Empty Motorcycle Racetrack? Truth or Rumor

Post by shana Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:33 pm

A friend liviing on the last street on the eastern side of upper la Floresta heard heavy duty earth moving machinery for the past week. Investigation brought her the news that a motorcycle racetrack is being built somewhere above upper la Floresta and near los Olivos. Not only will the motorcycles be racing but the loud speakers will be making announcements and call the races.

If this is true it will destroy los Olivos and parts of upper la Floresta as neighborhoods.

Anyone know anything about it? Hopefully it is only a rumor and ground is being cleared for housing.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Racetrack?  Truth or Rumor Empty Re: Motorcycle Racetrack? Truth or Rumor

Post by Playaboy Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:18 am

Not only a motorcycle track but also a drag racing strip and event center.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Racetrack?  Truth or Rumor Empty Re: Motorcycle Racetrack? Truth or Rumor

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:38 am

I haven't heard about that although I did hear from the management at Tobolandia that they were building an ATV/4 wheel drive track on the property just behind and to the left of Tobolandia. They told us about this when we were negotiating the use of the park for the 2016 Chili Cook Off.

Where there's smoke there's fire so something is likely happening.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:04 am

I heard they were building it next to Mainecoons house.   (for the humor impaired this is a joke)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:58 am

Playaboy wrote:Not only a motorcycle track but also a drag racing strip and event center.

With loud music, raves, and cohetes, lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:02 am

Can you say "Monster Trucks Shows"?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:22 am

While I'm not in favor of the location, I'm in favor of the concept.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:34 am

Geez CB you really must love noise. Jaja Mainecoon could donate his yard for the cause!!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:42 am

I have no problem with noise and I love motorsports of all kinds. It would be great for the locals to have something more to do around here. Maybe they would have less loud concerts at the bull ring if there are other alternatives.....jaja. This complex would be perfect somewhere up the libramiento in the middle of nowhere.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:00 am

Playaboy wrote:Can you say "Monster Trucks Shows"?
I'd like to see some demolition derbies,I could enter with my now illegal truck...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 am

Jajaja........that would bring us full circle on the discussion we had on here several years ago on what to do with foreign plated vehicles that were too tired to take back NOB. We talked about a charity demolition derby in the bullring.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:39 am

Didn't someone start to put a track in the Rancho del Oro area above Rio Amazonas a few years back?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:22 am

Supposedly today is the day for first race, told to a friend living in Cielovista by the security guard.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:27 pm

I don't hear anything in SAT. Whew.
There are a lot of cool looking young people on bikes roaring around having fun. I love seeing young people around here!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:09 pm

I have no idea if this is related, BUT, the parking lot at Tobolandia was completely FULL this afternoon around 3:30-4pm when I drove by and they even had Tránsito on the carretera easing access to the lot. Normally, the Tobolandia lot isn't anywhere near that full during December.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 am

Yep, parking lot was full.. Tons of 4wheelers, dirt bikes , and a few dune buggies running around.. Small dust cloud could be seen from the carretera. Would have stopped in for a closer look but had to make an appointment.

Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 am

I was with a friend who lives in Cielo Vista. As we were leaving WalMart she saw one of her neighbors who was all atwitter  about the dust cloud engulfing their neighborhood. My friend said she had been out for several hours and had not seen it. He went on about several neighbors calling him about it. He was quite worked up about this invasion. When we got to my friend's house we saw the faint puff of dust off in the distance and shook our heads. Some people just need to get worked up over something, anything. Motorcycle Racetrack?  Truth or Rumor 477249
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:37 am

The most important thing is Tobolandia's parking lot was FULL on a sunday afternoon in December.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:11 am

Most important thing to me is my afternoon siesta... if that was going on the other side of my wall... I'd be pissed....

Walk a mile in their shoes..... and you know what you'd have??

New Shoes........ Snork Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:25 pm

A friend of mine is on the other side of the wall and the noise is horrific.
Property owners in the vicinity of Tobolandia home values just dropped to zero
Renters are already looking to move.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:40 am

I also heard that renters in the area were looking to move. The dust in one home was thick and covered everything. I noticed the increase of dust on our patio tables and there wasn't even any breeze to speak of so I can imagine what some are going through.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lots of it

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:36 am

Now this is something to get worked up about given that this is a new venture next to a residential area.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:24 am

I can see El Mufti now, sitting by his phone going "come on ring, ring, ring. This injustice needs a righteous crusader and I am he!"
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:35 am

Nah.....he only cares about noise that affects his property values........ Twisted Evil
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:59 am

My son went to this event on Sunday and had a blast. $80p/person. Now he wants to buy a quad. He learned that the organizers plan to hold these events 4/5 times per year.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next