INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell Us About Your Sp-Eng Blooper's

3 posters

Go down

Tell Us About Your Sp-Eng Blooper's Empty Tell Us About Your Sp-Eng Blooper's

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:40 am

Here is one of my favorite... peanuts in Spanish cacahuates.

Had a party one night and most all the peanuts were eaten,just a few remained.The next day the cleaning lady arrived and ate the remaining peanuts.

In my best Spanish I told her
siento que estamos fuera de nuestros cucarachas lientes comían la mayor parte de ellos.

What I said was sorry, our guest's ate all the cockroaches, and I'll have to get so more. Shocked
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Tell Us About Your Sp-Eng Blooper's Empty Re: Tell Us About Your Sp-Eng Blooper's

Post by lucky Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:32 am

one of my favorites didn't happen to me, but someone i know. she went into a local shop one day to get milk and just absolutely blanked on how to say milk, so instead she asked for "agua de la vaca." nobody laughed while she was there and they handed her the milk, but she's absolutely sure (as am i) that hysterical laughter ensued following her departure.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tell Us About Your Sp-Eng Blooper's Empty Re: Tell Us About Your Sp-Eng Blooper's

Post by sharpie Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:26 pm

The first month we were here before I knew how the Soriana points card, I thought it would be a nice gesture to give the points to the people behind me as I noticed they had a point card in their hands. So I gestured to the people behind me and told the checkout girl to just give them my putos. Everyone in earshot at minimum were smiling and most laughing. I knew I said something wrong so I went home and looked it up, yep, wrong.
sharpie
sharpie

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:16 am

ROFLOL, Too funny
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:51 pm

MY biggest blunder was when the wife of my non-English speaking gardener went into the hospital. This was about five years ago. I wanted to inquire about how she was doing. Thought I had rehearsed in my Spanish-English dictionary, but he gave me a stony stare and turned away from me. Ran into my dicitionary and found that I had not asked him how his wife was, but how much she was. Lucky I did not get my butt kicked. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum