INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cantera 'town' - Degollado, Jalisco about 2 hours from lakeside; been there?

4 posters

Go down

Cantera 'town' - Degollado, Jalisco about 2 hours from lakeside; been there? Empty Cantera 'town' - Degollado, Jalisco about 2 hours from lakeside; been there?

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:28 am

Has anyone visited Degollado which is to the west of Guadalajara about an hours drive?

It is supposedly known for its cantera carvings.

I can find only a little information on-line, so I'm checking to see if anyone has actually visited the place. And, if so, do they have places in the town that sells the work produced? That information, along with any other suggestions would be helpful.

Gracias.
S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Cantera 'town' - Degollado, Jalisco about 2 hours from lakeside; been there? Empty Re: Cantera 'town' - Degollado, Jalisco about 2 hours from lakeside; been there?

Post by viajero Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:40 am

I've been there and yes there are lots of places that sell cantera carvings.
It's about an hour and half away from Guadalajara,just before you get to La Piedad.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Cantera 'town' - Degollado, Jalisco about 2 hours from lakeside; been there? Empty Re: Cantera 'town' - Degollado, Jalisco about 2 hours from lakeside; been there?

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:12 am

viajero wrote:I've been there and yes there are lots of places that sell cantera carvings.
It's about an hour and half away from Guadalajara,just before you get to La Piedad.

I bought a statue of St. Francis there that is life size....good work.  There are places all along the old highway 90 in the town selling all kinds of sculptures and stone work.
But it is east, not west, of Guadalajara as the OP posted, and as viajero said just before you reach La Piedad.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 am

Here it is:

Degollado

Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks for the information ..... I'm all set took note of the highway and nearby town.
The screw up in 'direction' was mine .... indeed it is east.

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down