INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GDL-TIJ-GDL. Can this realistically be done?

+3
David
Zedinmexico
Clueless
7 posters

Go down

GDL-TIJ-GDL. Can this realistically be done? Empty GDL-TIJ-GDL. Can this realistically be done?

Post by Clueless Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:38 pm

My friend is on a 180-day visa so must go out and return with a new one.

So I figure, take Volaris from GDL to TJ, cross the border (she has a U.S. Visa) then turn around and take a flight back here.

A one day thing.

I thought about us both doing a day in San Diego but no real reason to go there.

Any experience, serious suggestions or other input input on this idea?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

GDL-TIJ-GDL. Can this realistically be done? Empty Re: GDL-TIJ-GDL. Can this realistically be done?

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:02 pm

At one time yes one could do this and one might get away with it today but some folks have been sent back to get a temporary visa at Mexican consulate in US. Lots of folks do this but not sure its a sure thing these days. I believe a tourist visa is 180 days a year max.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

GDL-TIJ-GDL. Can this realistically be done? Empty Re: GDL-TIJ-GDL. Can this realistically be done?

Post by David Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Likely no issue.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:At one time yes one could do this and one might get away with it today  but some folks have been sent back to get a temporary visa at Mexican consulate in US.  Lots of folks do this but not sure its a sure thing these days. I believe a tourist visa is 180 days a year max.

I'm not sure how I can check on that one though I don't see how it would happen.

The lady crosses from T.J. to U.S.A. w/her U.S.A. Visa. Then comes back and asks whereever, for a FM-T 180 day, if it's still called that. I assume there will be a fee (between the peso equiv. of US$22-25).

Coming in, they may try to take advantage of a women alone. Don't know.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Clarifications.....
There is no law which states that one can only have one 180 Tourist Card per year. Last year I got 3 of them (but didn't stay the 180 days on any).
The old FM-T is now called a Tourist Card.... good for 180 days just like the old FM-T.
While there have been a couple of reports (that I am aware of) about border crossings limiting one from coming right back in on another 180 day Tourist Card, both of the reports that I have heard were from a specific agent at a specific border crossing (Belize). I have heard of no other occurrences (but then I don't hear everything).
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:09 pm

It will be no sweat. The Tourist Card is a tax and no, they won't turn down money. If a INM clown says what our local one says about only 180 days a year, it is just a mordida thing. Go have a brew or two and the agent will be gone, unlike our local clown, and get another Tourist Card.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 am

This person is not an USA citizen? What are the laws and restrictions between the country of their passport and Mexico?
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:35 am

I have done this in the past. Chances are that you will have your FMM or visa checked by INM at the TIJ airport baggage area, so make sure you are current.  Do not try to check out of MX at the TIJ airport, only at the border.  You will be able to get a new FMM at the TIJ airport.

If a person has a USA resident card (Green Card) then they fall under USA/MX entrance rules and are eligible for a FMM tourist card.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:16 am

Playaboy wrote:I have done this in the past. Chances are that you will have your FMM or visa checked by INM at the TIJ airport baggage area, so make sure you are current.  Do not try to check out of MX at the TIJ airport, only at the border.  You will be able to get a new FMM at the TIJ airport.

If a person has a USA resident card (Green Card) then they fall under USA/MX entrance rules and are eligible for a FMM tourist card.

The lady has a 4-year USA visa, no limit on entries to the US.

Maybe spend an hour or so shopping in the U.S. (whatever the city is at the border) and then go back as if a new person. But as said, she may need to get the new Tourist Card a the TJ airport.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:37 am

If it is not a USA resident card, Lunateak response needs looking into.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum