INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEWARE of calls from telephone number 669-146-2299 !!

3 posters

Go down

BEWARE of calls from telephone number 669-146-2299 !! Empty BEWARE of calls from telephone number 669-146-2299 !!

Post by BRLAhere Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:06 pm

A very strange occurrence happen yesterday on our home telephone.  Beware of this caller.  It's a scam tactic?:  

My Mexican wife received a call from a gringo who she wasn't sure who the caller was.  Hey 'toyed' with her in his broken Spanish as to trying to guess who he was.  She eventually called him Mike, and then brought the phone to me.  Thinking it was our friend (who BTW was in Toronto awaiting his departure to Dubai), I greeted him in our usual goofy-style.  There was a lot of hesitation between his comments, and his voice was similar to our friend's (who is Canadian) having a slight Canadian accent/dialect.  The voice was a bit strange to me and I asked, "Who is this?".  He commented (laughing) "You mean you don't know who you're talking to?".  I explained his voice sounded as if he had a cold (or something) and he confirmed that he did.  I asked where he was and he said, "I'm at the Mexico City International Airport", where incidently is where our friend flies in to from Canada monthly and then calls us from there giving us his ETA into Guad airport.  He said he would be there around 3:00 (this was around noon yesterday), so I asked him was he going to meet me at the same curb (a specific meeting place our friend and I have so I don't have to park my car on his pick-ups).  The caller said urgently, "Wait...they're calling for my bags....I'll call you right back!"...there was another voice in the background noise.  This just didn't seem right, so I What'sApp'd our friend in Canada and asked him to call me on my landline here in Chapala, which he did immediately.  I explained what had just happened and we confirmed it was not him calling.  The caller called back while I was on the line.  When I responded he said, "Hey I'm getting in there later than I thought, will you still be able to pick me up?"  Now the voice is distinctively NOT my friend, so I said, "Tell me again who you are".  He laughed and said, "It's Mike". And I asked, "Mike who?".  He repled, "Mike who???........" then disconnected the call.

After questioning my wife about his initial contact, she explained it was definitely a gringo, speaking improper Spanish ("Spanglish") and he joked and toyed with her to obtain a name from her as to who he was.  A lot of the coincidences still have me wondering about the call, but we have passed it off as a scam-plan.  Now passing this on to all of you.  FYI
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

BEWARE of calls from telephone number 669-146-2299 !! Empty Re: BEWARE of calls from telephone number 669-146-2299 !!

Post by Canada_Mike Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

BEWARE of calls from telephone number 669-146-2299 !! Empty Re: BEWARE of calls from telephone number 669-146-2299 !!

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Call 088 and report the number so they may try and trace and get these guys as if you do nothing, they will continue
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:29 pm

Thanks for the number, Spencer. We did exactly that!
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down