INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address?

+6
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
Gamina
Intercasa
Lady Otter Latté
LaLnMX
10 posters

Go down

Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address? Empty Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address?

Post by LaLnMX Sat May 14, 2016 5:18 pm

We are renters who are going to attempt the process to get our Mexican DLs; however, we do not have a utility bill in our name. I heard they would accept a bank statement with our address as proof. Does anyone know if that is correct or rumor. TIA

LaLnMX
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address? Empty Re: Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat May 14, 2016 6:27 pm

When I got my MDL they accepted a copy of the CFE bill with my landlord's name on it. I had a copy of my lease also.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address? Empty Re: Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address?

Post by Intercasa Sat May 14, 2016 6:39 pm

They do accept that or have recently done so.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat May 14, 2016 10:45 pm

The utility bill does not have to be in your name.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 15, 2016 12:17 pm

If the utility bill is in your landlords name then you need to also bring a signed copy of the rental agreement.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun May 15, 2016 12:27 pm

A Mexican bank statement is supposed to serve as a comprobante de domicilio per the state of Jalisco Vialidad website. I say "supposed tp" as I tried to use one back when the Chapala office was still semi-functioning, but the clerk wouldn't accept mine. It was from Multiva, and she said, "That's not a bank, it's an investment house." I tried explaining to her that it is both, but she was just looking for a way to say 'no', and we all know there's no point in arguing with a bureaucrat when they've decided something. So I quit and came back with something else. Since getting a DL now requires a drive of some distance, I'd bring every piece of paper possible.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Jaja......an "office donation" of $300 pesos would have cleared that up Rosa.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun May 15, 2016 6:03 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Jaja......an "office donation" of $300 pesos would have cleared that up Rosa.

Yes, of course, I know. But this was just a stupid renewal. It was during a time when the Chapala Office was operating full-steam on collecting extra "fees", etc. In fact, outside the office, as soon as I arrived and parked my car, I was approached by one of the officers who asked if I need "assistance". I laughed and told him I was just renewing.....then he laughed, too.

I had no need or desire to give any of them the satisfaction, or pesos.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 15, 2016 6:48 pm

That's what I would have done too. Thank you Rosa, bravo. They get nothing from me, I prefer to be part of the solution than the problem.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun May 15, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm no saint. I've paid mordida a few times in this country when it was in my best interest and when the price of not paying it to "get along on my way..." was just too high.

But the chumps in Chapala? They get nothing. I only live a few minutes away, etc.

flag waver
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaLnMX Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 am

Gracias to all y'all for the advice & opinions. I'm going to recommend to the jefe we do not go and get an official address certification from Chapala but instead bring our 'real' bank statement and what CanuckBob suggested as backup.

LaLnMX
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 16, 2016 10:50 am

Well my "office donation" suggestion was only good for the old office in Chapala (hence the reason they have been shut down). Not sure if it is valid at any other DL office. It may in fact not go over to well. I would suggest a utility bill and your signed rental agreement as back up.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 16, 2016 11:09 am

CanuckBob wrote:Well my "office donation" suggestion was only good for the old office in Chapala (hence the reason they have been shut down). Not sure if it is valid at any other DL office. It may in fact not go over to well. I would suggest a utility bill and your signed rental agreement as back up.

You're right Bob......don't try it at the offices in Guadalajara.  It would go over like a "lead balloon".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaLnMX Mon May 16, 2016 11:44 am

Mis-communication - sorry!

CB's suggestion I was referring to was regarding the utility bill and a signed rental agreement as the back up to the bank statement. Sorry to imply differently..

LaLnMX
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Jaja.....no problem. Good luck with your DL.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon May 16, 2016 9:58 pm

You'll be fine LaLnMX. Good luck with the license. It never hurts to bring extra supporting paper to a bureaucracy in Mexico (or anywhere else). BURY them in paper, I say. Very Happy

That Chapala office was so obvious at the time I renewed my license you could see the greed in their eyes. Getting approached outside in the street the minute I got out of my car, and then being told "no" in the office, even though I had everything required. Screw that. Descarados.

razberry
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 17, 2016 7:44 am

lol

These Chapala payasos are the WORST! Do you remember Ms Thang's post, some time back, about seeing them all sitting around a table cutting up the dough one day when she got accidentally let into the gates after they were closed for the day? I think of that mental image every time I see one of them.

They did get me once though! Remember that big, moreno, with the mustache who used to rule the intersection in front of what is now WalMart??? Long time ago. He got me my second day here and I'm ashamed to say I gave him 400 pesos. And he tried again and again after that but I waited him out, said no, and he eventually gave up. Never again.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue May 17, 2016 7:57 am

I forgot about that guy! Ah, those were the days.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue May 17, 2016 8:54 am

Rosa Venus wrote:You'll be fine LaLnMX. Good luck with the license. It never hurts to bring extra supporting paper to a bureaucracy in Mexico (or anywhere else). BURY them in paper, I say. Very Happy

Bury them in paper!
You got that right,and take copies of everything,I even take my Soriana Tarjeta de Puntos just in case...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 17, 2016 9:59 am

Trailrunner wrote:lol

These Chapala payasos are the WORST! Do you remember Ms Thang's post, some time back, about seeing them all sitting around a table cutting up the dough one day when she got accidentally let into the gates after they were closed for the day? I think of that mental image every time I see one of them.

They did get me once though! Remember that big, moreno, with the mustache who used to rule the intersection in front of what is now WalMart??? Long time ago. He got me my second day here and I'm ashamed to say I gave him 400 pesos. And he tried again and again after that but I waited him out, said no, and he eventually gave up. Never again.

Alberto??....he is still with Vialidad. His bark is worse than his bite.  Just tell him "otro dia". lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 17, 2016 10:30 am

no no no Not Alberto! BIG guy, tall, moreno, big mustache, jovial (and we know why). I like Alberto, we get along fine. And I've never had to go to one of his 'parties' either.

My all-time favorite Chapala payaso story is about Alberto, though. I was not present at the time so I cannot attest to the validity of this story - but I'd bet my life's savings that it is true.

A couple had just shopped Superlake and were returning home when they got bit by Alberto. They pointed to all the bags of food in the back and explained that they had just spent their last pesos and had nothing to give him. So sorry, so sad. At this point Alberto rummaged through the bags of groceries, dug out a hunk of cheese, and said. . . . . .I'll take this cheese!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 am

That was accommodating of him. Very Happy

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue May 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Mmmmmm......cheese.....

Bank Statement OK for Driver License Proof of Address? Transi11
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down