INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiking to the little ‘chapel’ up the mountain behind Ajijic

+2
MexicoPete
toedippers
6 posters

Go down

Hiking to the little ‘chapel’ up the mountain behind Ajijic Empty Hiking to the little ‘chapel’ up the mountain behind Ajijic

Post by toedippers Sat May 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Looks like there is a chapel (at least some kind of building with a cross on it) up behind Ajijic that can be hiked to from perhaps Galeana or Juarez.  I think I’ve seen early morning hikers/walkers climbing up there and was wondering where the trail starts, its condition and what the story is behind the building.

Any info would be appreciated…

tds

toedippers

Humor : Lost in Translation

Back to top Go down

Hiking to the little ‘chapel’ up the mountain behind Ajijic Empty Re: Hiking to the little ‘chapel’ up the mountain behind Ajijic

Post by MexicoPete Sat May 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Yes I know that at the top of Juarez and a little to the West, next to my home is one of the trails to the little Chapel. Another trial starts at the top of Colon and a little to West next to the house on the uphill side of the top road near Colon.

It is a popular hike and enjoyed by many.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hiking to the little ‘chapel’ up the mountain behind Ajijic Empty Re: Hiking to the little ‘chapel’ up the mountain behind Ajijic

Post by Ms.Thang Sat May 28, 2016 11:17 pm

It's a good trail, moderate difficulty. The destination is called simply "La Cruz" or the cross. I think the whole point is that you suffer somewhat to go up there to say your prayers.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 29, 2016 7:32 am

We hiked up to the Tepalo waterfall yesterday and it wasn't much fun. Not surprisingly there is not a drop of water anywhere, hot and dry as a bone up the mountain. Coming down is a bit treacherous. The views are about the only thing to go up there for, imho.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 29, 2016 7:34 am

Wow, I'm impressed. That is a tough go in this heat. Bravo!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 am

Carry a walking stick for coming off the mountain. Lots of loose rock. Don't wander around mountain after dark!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 29, 2016 7:39 am

[quote="CanuckBob"]Wow, I'm impressed. That is a tough go in this heat. Bravo!![/quote

C.B. has a new picture!

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down