INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trellis?

5 posters

Go down

Trellis? Empty Trellis?

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:36 pm

I've never seen them around here but I want one. I have a plant in the wrong place & it needs to be climbing on something. Any obvious places they would be sold?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Trellis? Empty Re: Trellis?

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Call your neighborhood carpenter for a wooden one, or ironworker for one made of iron. Either can be set in concrete, if you wish.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:22 pm

They have had pvc ones at Home Depot in the past. At least they won't get eaten by termites or rust away.
Or you could buy some pvc pipe and connectors and with silicone make your own. Or even copper tubing and connectors and caps would be spectacular although pricier.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Good info.  This whatever it is grows like a weed so it would probably cover whatever I use quickly.  Thanks.
I also always wanted a bottle tree like they have in the South. Might do that too.

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=bottle+trees&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj55b3poIPOAhXRZiYKHZ86D14QsAQIGg&dpr=1

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexECO Tours Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:12 pm

If you are handy with tools it is easy enough. Go to a madereria and ask for fajillas. These are 2" x 1" and normally 2.5m - 3m long. Cut them up and screw together in the shape and size you need.
MexECO Tours
MexECO Tours

http://www.mex-ecotours.com

Back to top Go down

Trellis? Empty Trellis design

Post by Sunnyvmx Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:44 am

My friend here in San Juan Cosala is going to buy 4 concrete pillars and lay a wrought iron lattice panel on top. This will be placed over the concrete bench in his garden. The yellow flowered vine will have no trouble clinging to it as I feel would be a problem with PVC pipe. I have made many bird and parrot gyms with PVC and had to wrap them with tape as they are so slippery. We tried it in Catemaco and the vines wound up curled around the bottom of the posts so we tried to use a thin wire wrap, but never did successfully solve the problem. I have had an orchid bench and trellis made with wrought iron and set on a patio that I enjoy.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lots of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum