INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob and the other Bob

3 posters

Go down

Bob and the other Bob Empty Bob and the other Bob

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:58 am

I want to personally thank y'all for allowing all of us, the good, the bad and the ugly voice our opinions. Yes..... It got ugly and I know that it was aggravating and pushed some to their limits. With that being said, friends, family, foes and some real a***holes showed their true colors, some good, some bad and a sprinkling of the worst of the worst.
 Now how about a group hug and we all sing kumbaya and have a toast for surviving the long hard road.

Salud...
cheers
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Bob and the other Bob Empty Re: Bob and the other Bob

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:12 am

No problem. Now lets get back to discussing Mexico and things related to living in this great country. I suspect we are going to get a few more "new members" soon.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:16 am

espíritu del lago wrote:I want to personally thank y'all for allowing all of us, the good, the bad and the ugly voice our opinions. Yes..... It got ugly and I know that it was aggravating and pushed some to their limits. With that being said, friends, family, foes and some real a***holes showed their true colors, some good, some bad and a sprinkling of the worst of the worst.
 Now how about a group hug and we all sing kumbaya and have a toast for surviving the long hard road.

Salud...
cheers

Baloney, amigo. The ones who are polarized in either direction aren't about to loosen up for a hug. Let's just hope they can shut up and neither gloat too much or let rage get the better of them. It's over, for better or worse.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:29 am

CanuckBob wrote:No problem. Now lets get back to discussing Mexico and things related to living in this great country. I suspect we are going to get a few more "new members" soon.

I've heard people carrying on about moving to Mexico if this or that happens in the U.S., but I haven't talked to a single soul who acted on it because of whatever the event was.  What we will be getting is some Boomers who can't afford to live on what they have in the more desirable States such as CA, but it won't be politically motivated.  It will be economic need.  I read what kind of net worth people reaching retirement age in the U.S. have, on average, and it's not nearly enough for comfort.  Selling that over a half million dollar shack in the S.F. Bay area and coverting into a decent home here could result in a lot of spare change left and a huge reduction in property taxes.

Crystal Ball time:  Many financial types have been predicting that the next POTUS, regardless of party, would be looking over a nation during a deep recession, well overdue.  So, it's a "be careful what you wished for" moment for President Trump, and Mexico will get the unfortunate fallout from the U.S., as always.

Last edited by gringal on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:38 am

Guess we will see. The Canadian immigration website was overwhelmed and crashed this morning due to too many inquiries. I'm don't think that has ever happened before.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:41 am

Bob, I'm in total agreement!

Gringal, I absolutely agree! I'm glad it's finally over!!! Very Happy cheers cheers

I'm heading over to the VFW and have a Bloody Mary or two. They're half price from noon til 2PM. Beer cheers

Later,
espiritu
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:43 am

CanuckBob wrote:Guess we will see. The Canadian immigration website was overwhelmed and crashed this morning due to too many inquiries. I'm don't think that has ever happened before.

Way back when we were deciding where to move in retirement, I looked at the Canadian immigration requirements and they made Mexico look easy.
Don't people have to have some seriously big bucks to emigrate to Canada? The alternative was to bring a working skill that Canada needed.
Anyone know the current situation?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:44 am

CanuckBob wrote:Guess we will see. The Canadian immigration website was overwhelmed and crashed this morning due to too many inquiries. I'm don't think that has ever happened before.

WOW!!  I haven't watched the news or looked on Facebook.

What's the stock market doing?

Last edited by espíritu del lago on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 am

Gringal it has changed and if I remember correctly it's favorable for Mexico. Maybe someone can chime in.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:50 am

gringal wrote:

Way back when we were deciding where to move in retirement, I looked at the Canadian immigration requirements and they made Mexico look easy.
Don't people have to have some seriously big bucks to emigrate to Canada?  The alternative was to bring a working skill that Canada needed.
Anyone know the current situation?

I believe it is still very difficult for an American to live/work fulltime in Canada. They have a list of preferred countries similar to the US. It is just as difficult for a Canadian to live/work fulltime in the US. Mexico is extremely easy in comparison for both Canadians and Americans.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum