INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cataract Surgeaon referrals? Wheelchair?

+2
gringal
BRLAhere
6 posters

Go down

Cataract Surgeaon referrals?  Wheelchair? Empty Cataract Surgeaon referrals? Wheelchair?

Post by BRLAhere Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Anyone have name of a good cataract surgeon that you would recommend?

Also, my elderly mother-in-law is in need of a wheelchair.

TIA
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cataract Surgeaon referrals?  Wheelchair? Empty Re: Cataract Surgeaon referrals? Wheelchair?

Post by gringal Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:03 pm

I am still well satisfied (seeing well) with my cataract surgery done in late 2012 at the Hospital de Hierro in Guadalajara by Dr. Vargas, whose main office is there, but who comes on specific days to the Ajijic Clinic for initial contact with patients in an office he maintains here. He speaks excellent English, in case you're not fluent in Spanish. The facility in the Guadalajara hospital for eye surgery is first class, IMO.

Re your further question about contact: I found it in my files: Dr. Jose Alberto Vargas Silva
email albertoftalmo@starmedia.com
CEDULAESP: 3393628
Tel (33)3826-7371
However, it's just easier to call the Ajijic Clinic to contact him. 766 0662

Re the wheelchair:  There is a large medical supplies store on the carreterra at the west end of Ajijic, lake side, next door to Vinos Americanos liquor store and across the street from a huge upstairs gym.  They often have their van parked there, so I assume they can deliver.

Last edited by gringal on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added informtaion)

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Cataract Surgeaon referrals?  Wheelchair? Empty Re: Cataract Surgeaon referrals? Wheelchair?

Post by BRLAhere Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Would you happen to have a telephone contact for Dr Vargas? If not, I'll have my wife call the hospital and see if we can run him down!

Thanks.....
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:18 pm

BRLAhere wrote:Would you happen to have a telephone contact for Dr Vargas?  If not, I'll have my wife call the hospital and see if we can run him down!

Thanks.....
I just added the information you need into my original post.
Good luck!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:22 pm

The Medical Supply is next to "Vinos Americas."  It has a big Miller sign in the window.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Dr. Enrique Roig, in Guadalajara. He's a retinologist at Clinica Santa Lucia.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Thanks everyone! Great feedback and good info

Muchas Gracias

BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 pm

I used Dr Rios, whose offices is at the entrance to Mirasol. He did both eyes and did tri-focal lens implants...like a miracle!!! Easy, no pain at all. Hey arranged for transportation to the hospital in GDL and return right to your front door.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:54 am

My husband had his cataract surgery done by Dra. Claudia Camacho and we were very happy with the entire process. I will be going back to her soon for my own cataract srgery. Here´s the contact info -- she responds to emails as well as phone calls. Note that Dra. Claudia moved last month, out of that lovely medical building on the west end of Chapala (she said that the bank has taken over the building) and she is now in a second floor suite above the immigration office in Chapala.

Dra. Claudia L Camacho Choca (office@camacho-choza.com)
http://camacho-choza.com/index.php/en/
333 441 5902
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down