INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two New Eateri

2 posters

Go down

Two New Eateri Empty Two New Eateri

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Just had the best ceviche I've ever had, and it came from a new little cafe in San Antonio owned and operated by Ana. Her other special today is fried fish and the rest of the menu is very good Mexican food. I've eaten there 3 times in a week. Very small, bright and clean, friendly, family run and operated with good tasty food. Prices are more than reasonable. Please, stop by, get it to go or eat there, we want to keep Ana in business she is a great addition to our little pueblo!

Additionally, and no less awesome, is Cafe La 133 directly on the west end of the plaza. Owned and operated by a mother daughter team from Guadalajara, the food is clean, innovative, creative, hip, and excellent. The women are friendly, hard-working, and they really know food. In a very short time they have become famous for their breakfasts and coffee drinks. The daughter, sorry I can't remember her name, speaks English and was working on translating the new additions to the menu when I stopped to visit again today. The new menu additions are mouth-watering and I can't wait to try them tomorrow. They understand and are very sensitive to gluten free and vegan/vegetarian diets and will substitute or create whatever you want. They have delicious crusty baguettes from Spain that are gluten free, if you need, to make your sandwiches with. The cafe is inviting, you can sit inside or outside under the bougainvillea and umbrellas, or just walk around and browse the art gallery. Can't say enough good about this little new cafe and what a shot in the arm it is to our little village.

Also! Mario's has had some changes - Mario and Maria have retired and the restaurant is under new management. The menu still has all the good food Mario's was famous for and there are some lighter dishes and more salads now too. Always good food at Mario's, in addition, there are now open nights on weekends and it's becoming a local gathering place in the evening! Bravo.

So, come to San Antonio for awesome breakfasts on the plaza at Cafe La 133, or lunch, comida, or dinner at all of them. Provecho!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Two New Eateri Empty Re: Two New Eateri

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Heading should read: Two New Eateries in San Antonio. Sorry.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zea Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Where is Ana's?

Zea

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Oops!
Ana's is on Ramon Corona, the street fronting the plaza, a little over one block east of the plaza, lake side of the street. There is still no name over the place but she has a yellow sandwich board with specials on the curb. You can't miss it. She is also open almost all the time! Seven days a week, most of the days until 11 at night. She may close for a couple of hours late afternoon on a couple of the days. She's so nice and she's trying so hard to make it I really like supporting her.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum