INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is city hall pulling???

+9
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
jrm30655
JayBear
gringal
shana
Intercasa
Trailrunner
brigitte
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is city hall pulling??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is city hall pulling???

Post by kipissippi Mon May 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Brigitte.....BORROW ONE!!!!!

kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 09, 2017 8:07 am

Sorry but I have other priorities right now. Surely I am not the first person or the only person who has received the noticed, I have seen the notice on the door of my neighbor across the street who like Peter will not be back for several months and I have seen them talk to other people on the street. --
When did this thing start and what do other people do.?

At least that is what they do in Chiapas  Is it the same thing here?
I understand that when being cited they will come back 3 times to ask you to appear and then they will fine you .
Is it the same here?

It is interesting but they do not try that trick in CHiapas but then the people there are quick at pouring gasoline over thieves so it may be a good deterrent...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 am

They cant fine you when they say the State Auditor requests info when you were audited when the state auditor doesnt audit non governmental entities.

I will donate matches or at least tar and feathers, anybody else?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue May 09, 2017 10:17 am

One big question is: So if you decide to fight the B.S. with an attorney, how much is that going to cost you in legal fees? Anyone have a ballpark estimate or even a personal experience?

Attorneys don't work for free or $50 pesos per hour.

How about making a deal on the spot?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 am

How about just blowing them off and ignoring them??? Tell them what they want to hear, then forget about it? It's the Mexican way. . .and if they are thieves, there would be no recourse for them but to let it go.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 am

Frankly I think they are being audited and are too lazy to look for the paperwork they need so they summoned people to get them to do the work.. Isnt that possible as well...
Can City Hall ask for those papers? Of course most of them should be in their files but I bet yo they are long gone..
The proof that the predial is paid is in their computer so why do they need that? Construction permits they should have so except for the escritura they are asking for documents that city hall should have... does that make sense?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 am

Yep. Don't even get into a discussion with them. Treat them like a JW that rings your bell on a Saturday morning......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 am

Trailrunner we received a summon in our name it is probably random but it is in our name so I will appear to take away the excuse of the no show ... I am on my way now, let's see what they say. I have the number for the office that does audit so I can always call them from City Hall and ask them why I received a notice... in front of the guy from the Apremios.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 09, 2017 10:42 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yep. Don't even get into a discussion with them. Treat them like a JW that rings your bell on a Saturday morning......

Yep. Absolutely.

I never do anything in this country until I'm forced to. Thus far, I've avoided having to get various car "requirements", register my cell phone number with the government, buy newly designed license plates, pay for various other new bright ideas dreamed up by some gifted politician and so on. Every one of these "requirements" have disappeared and I didn't have to pay or hassle any of them. That is not to say that I haven't been forced to finally do a "requirement"! But I've escaped many by just waiting.

Good luck, Brigitte, I would probably take that step too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 am

brigitte wrote:I do not have a cellphone good enough right now but I will report.. It should be an interesting conversation...  

If you get a cell phone good enough, be sure to get photos/video of the garbage somewhere, as that is part of the "big picture".
Seems like that advice comes from someone very knowledgeable. lol! lol! lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue May 09, 2017 11:03 am

We have a case where they went to a client and said that money was owed and the guy didnt speak Spanish and they made an error and he ended up paying for his neighbors property and now they wont give the money back. You cant make this stuff up!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 pm

slainte39 wrote:
brigitte wrote:I do not have a cellphone good enough right now but I will report.. It should be an interesting conversation...  

If you get a cell phone good enough, be sure to get photos/video of the garbage somewhere, as that is part of the "big picture".
Seems like that advice comes from someone very knowledgeable. lol! lol! lol!

I expect that thread to be locked soon. The knowledgeable expert offering the big picture is being roundly smacked upside the head. He has no defense so his only options are to acknowledge he highjacked the thread, continue to try and justify it to people who aren't buying it, or lock the thread.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 09, 2017 4:02 pm

It is irrelevant if you speak to them ot not , they will slap the summon to appear in Chapala whether you are answering the door or not and it it is you name.

In chiapas you get fined if you do not appear , here I do not know.

I went to speak to Dir Martinez head of apremios who asked me for the copies.

I told him I needed more information and did not understand why if there was a state audit I should have to give  copies since I was not part of the government and did not do business with the government either.

He told me the Ayuntamiento was being audited and the State Audit want copies . I told him that they had all the copies they needed between  the various departments at City Hall.
To make a long story short he said he Audit people wanted City Hall to get the records from the taxpayers and not from cadastro or other departments.

He
Dir Martinez made a copy of my 2016 predial  receipt, of my Simapa receipt and from a Simapa contract I just got and that was the end of it.. He made the copies and they did not have to be certified..

Much to do about nothing...sending 3 government employees to get those copies ñools like an overkill to me but who know..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 09, 2017 4:04 pm

On my way I almost run over a garbage man.. that would have been serious, these guys work hard, I wish they would get more help..but that is part of the bigger picture and I am too busy to worry about it...

Lady O yes that is it the thread was closed like you predicted but by another moderator...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue May 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it's because I'm in a FRACC, but when I bought my casa, I paid the money, got a deed and that was it.Past that point, I would look to the fracc to have records.

So have any of these hits been in fraccs?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 09, 2017 9:41 pm

You probably the proof the water was paid as well and the notary probably gave you receipts of paid utilities.. I got the same thing and the director only asked to see my predial receipt for 2016 and the Simapa receipt for 2016. I had a new Simapa contract that I happened to have so he took a copy of that and that was it..
The whole thing makes no sense to me.. they send 3 employees to give people a summon to present a bunch of papers and when you get there they want a couple of receipts and that is it.. no escritura no certified copies etc.. and they sign off that the person came and presented his or herself with the receipts requested..
Whether in a fracc or in town you just show up and ask them what they really want and it took exactly 5 minutes..

I did ask the director what it was all about and asked why they were requesting papers for a state audit when they should already have those documents in their files so maybe that was enough to show I was not going to roll over or maybe that is all they wanted.. who knows..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue May 09, 2017 10:16 pm

I seem to remember that the last time this happened maybe 6 to 8 years ago Google Maps had just taken sharper images of the properties lakeside and when you had the upgraded higher definition pictures taken from space the municipality noticed that there was more square meters of construction on the property than one had gotten permits for.

In my case I had permits for the new construction and I had nothing extra to pay for. But apparently some folks had been cheating and building without permits. At least that is what we snowbirds believed to be the case. *Or were told"
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 09, 2017 11:26 pm

I do not think this one has to do with any pictures but with some discrepancy in the paperwork.
A person had subdivided their lot so the predial for her house and lot had gone done and they did not connect the two.
In my case I got a new water contract for a meter but did not get a permit for anything else.. things like that..or maybe the fact that I had them remeasure the existing construction and they came up with less square meters so the predial went down ...etc..

I

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2