INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony's Fried Chicken

+2
Trailrunner
elgringo
6 posters

Go down

Tony's Fried Chicken Empty Tony's Fried Chicken

Post by elgringo Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:40 am

We to Tony's for Fried Chicken today to get 6 wings and 6 Chicken strips. Was told I had to order one of the "Packages" listed on the wall. Evidently you can't order what you want anymore, now you have to order one of their packages.
Left and went somewhere else to eat. Guess I won't be buying their chicken anymore. Sorry, but I buy what I want to eat, not what you want to sell me in your package deal.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Tony's Fried Chicken Empty Re: Tony's Fried Chicken

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:28 am

You should speak to Tony, he's a good businessman and would like to know these things.

There are changes at Tony's, he's busier with other business of his now. He opened a chicken place in Chapala and a Tony's restaurant out on the highway just before San Nicolas and is spending his energy getting that up and running.

Tony has given over his restaurant in SA to his daughter and SIL to run and they are living in the house attached behind. He may have given his chicken place over to his son who has been running it all these years and that is something he has come up with.

I agree with you, I want to buy what I want to buy too, not what a business wants to sell me. Tell that to the young man or tell it to Tony.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:33 am

That is such a bad idea! Hope he comes to his senses soon. Do you know where in Chapala the new chicken place is?

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:49 am

The chicken place is on the street that runs behind the plaza/mercado and in the second or third block north of the back of the mercado. It's been there close to a year, I think.

Tony is also getting older and looks tired, he's probably looking at retiring as well. I imagine he has planned all along to pass the businesses to his kids, whether or not they do a good job will remain to be seen. I hope they do as their dad has worked very hard to make them successful businesses and it would be very sad to see them disintegrate.

One time, long time ago, I wanted to buy some frozen hamburger patties but there were none in the freezer. I asked Cesár when he would have them again and he casually said probably tomorrow or the next day. Oops! Ran into Tony a few minutes later and we were chatting and I told him I wasn't able to get any burgers and he stopped and marched right over to the carneceria. I bought burger patties that afternoon.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 am

Ah, not a route I normally take, so I have to look for it. I used to pick up Tony's Chicken all the time when I lived in SAT.

I have eaten about six times at what I call New Tony's. It is open only Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tony cooks the meat. There is outdoor seating with umbrellas with one table in the front entrance alcove. There is a charming young woman server. She is an excellent server. She and her husband make the desserts which are usually cheesecake and a pie selection. The whole experience is delightful. Oh and ribs with Tony's own sauce are OUTSTANDING. Oh god. Now I'm hungry.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:42 am

Oh, good report, glad to hear it. I have passed it a few times and thought it was very inviting looking. I will stop next time.

Is it the same menu as SAT???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Had lamb at Tony's this past Sunday. Small portion of lamb with a lot of bone, few slices of onion and small bowl of beans 138 pesos. That's it for me. The place was empty. Maybe Tony should be checking on it time to time.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Trailrunner, it has been a long time since I have been to SAT Tony's. The menu seems to be more limited than I remember the old place being. Maybe "the best of" type menu. He does do the lamb, ribs, burgers, and steaks plus has things like tuna steaks (excellent). People who have gone with me and had the lamb said it was outstanding.
Drove past there today about 4:30 (on my way to Foccacia's) and there were about a dozen cars out front so I think it is catching on.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu May 12, 2022 9:20 pm

I have always been able to order the exact things I want from Tony’s Dos. Have not been there for a few weeks.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Thu May 12, 2022 10:06 pm

Off topic, but I miss Trailrunner here. But I understand why she left.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

mattoleriver likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down