INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telmex

4 posters

Go down

Telmex Empty Telmex

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Is it possible to have internet but no phone? Checked connections but the phone says no line and the internet works?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Telmex Empty Re: Telmex

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Yes, it has happened to me. I recall it didn't take long before the phone line came back.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Girl Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 pm

yes , very possible, tried to call my husband last week to alert him I was coming home as he usually opens the garage for me. No connection from my cellphone. Got home and figured out the landline was dead, internet worked. Then a friend told me the phones had been out for two days already. Some parts of Tizapan have been out for a week now, we are ok, some folks have no internet either, some do.
However, years ago I insisted we get two internet connections, one with Telmex, the other with a cable co, that has been worth the extra money! Which is why I never missed the landline phone since I mostly use Vonage , hocked up through the cable internet connection ( of course we can move that if needed)or the cellphone.

Lucky Girl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisCloud Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:01 pm

Yes it is possible. The phone line has 2 wires coming in and needs both working to connect. The internet only uses one of those. So you can have your internet working but not the phone. You should report it. There is no guarantee that the phone will come back on without intervention.

OasisCloud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down