INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy With the New Benno's

5 posters

Go down

Happy With the New Benno's Empty Happy With the New Benno's

Post by DuckieHoomever Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:58 am

I've been really happy with Luis Algarin, the new co-owner of Benno's (next to the vet behind the gas station on the libramiento.) Not only did he sell me a new battery for my Mac at less than the price it sells for in the states, but when I went in to inquire about buying a new usb hub, he  showed me how to easily repair my old hub myself when he could have sold me a new one! Very impressive. Their phone number is 332 340 7501.

(Submitted on behalf of a happy customer. I, Duckie, vouch for her enthusiasm.)

DuckieHoomever
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Happy With the New Benno's Empty Re: Happy With the New Benno's

Post by Carry Bean Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:19 am

Is that a cell phone? Before the old Benno's went out of business I bought a new computer tower. When I finally had it set up, it turns out it didn't have WIFI installed. I got an ethernet cable made so no more problem there but now it wants me to Activate Windows but won't let me do it because I don't have number I need to put in to do it. Maybe this Luis can help. Didn't know Benno's had a new owner.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:32 pm

pirated version of windows. You will have to fix it with windows toolbox or kmspico.
When you order a desktop you have to specify WiFi as it is not a common option
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Really? A computer tech I contacted said WIFI should have been standard and not an add-on. I will try to figure out the windows problem and didn't want a pirated version either.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:10 pm

It may not be pirated.

A few years ago I had PC upgraded and a new version of Windows installed in PV. A couple years later, here at Lake Chapala, Windows wanted me to authenticate my version and asked for the code and locked me out until I could produce it. I called the cool guys in PV and we made an online date for a couple of days later and online together we submitted the code through my PC. There is a name for that process but I have forgotten it. The tech in PV controlled my cursor and PC while I held my breath but all turned out well.

So, Carry, all may not be lost.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:32 pm

LogMeIn lets someone control your cursor from another location. My brother-in-law in Nashville works on my computers here all the time.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Thanks, Trailrunner but the guy at Benno's I bought it from is gone, I think. I'll stop in there since there's a new person taking over and maybe they'll have a record of the code.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Maybe since they bought the business they also are using the same Windows. Maybe they gave the code.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 pm

windrider17 wrote:LogMeIn lets someone control your cursor from another location. My brother-in-law in Nashville works on my computers here all the time.

Yes! Thanks. It's pretty cool.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 am

Carry Bean wrote:Really?  A computer tech I contacted said WIFI should have been standard and not an add-on.  I will try to figure out the windows problem and didn't want a pirated version either.

Any computer tech is going to tell you what he/she thinks you want to hear. NOB pre-built desktops usually will have WiFi but unless you specify it when you order a computer built here in Mexico it will probably not be included. My Acer desktop bought in Tucson 2 years ago has it, my wife's built here 4 years ago does not. A 200 peso WiFi dongle will solve the missing part.

In 1986 when I bought my first PC, I quickly learned that when one orders a computer one has to provide a written list of specifications. Without that you will get what the builder thinks you want and if you are asking for quotations from more than one store you are able to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.

Having built many computers and designed several networks since 1986, I gave that up when I moved to Mexico, but I still go with the written set of specifications when dealing with retailers.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 am

You're probably right but when I had one built by Ruben several years ago, I didn't specify WIFI and it had it built in. My bad this time. It didn't even occur to me.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down