INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eSun Energia??

+9
hkrause
chelseagirls
Chapalagringa
rvanparys
slainte39
CanuckBob
gringal
Trailrunner
David
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

eSun Energia?? Empty eSun Energia??

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 am

Did they move or go belly up? Their office is empty and a for rent sign is up.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

eSun Energia?? Empty Re: eSun Energia??

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm

And their website is gone....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Hmmmm.................
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 pm

I met Jsun and his crew during my tenure as president of the Chili Cook Off. Great people to work with. I had them come by and give me a quote about 6 months ago and they declined the install as they didn't like that my tile roof was getting old. They did mention that they were having cash flow problems since the US had added some banking restrictions and they couldn't take credit cards any longer. I'm wondering now if they were doing me a favor........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Absolutely. You oughta send them a thank you card.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:50 pm

I heard that they had to reorganize and that they have opened up shop under a different name and different location.

I have only had the best of luck with Jsun and his crew. I hope everything is going well with them. Has anyone seen a new Solar company opening up lakeside? If so that could be them, after having reorganized.

Oh, I have had my system since 2007-8 and love the fact that it has been paid off for years.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:52 pm

If that was the case they should have put up a sign at their old location to avoid discussions like this. Perhaps one of their employees will see this and give us an update.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:27 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If that was the case they should have put up a sign at their old location to avoid discussions like this. Perhaps one of their employees will see this and give us an update.

I'm not sure which company it was that installed ours, but you can't get an older roof than mine! Been a few years now.
Bettina Bering represents a current company and is at the Tuesday market with her booth most times. She arranged our installation. She also runs and ad in the Ojo and maybe in the Guad Reporter.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I just spoke with Nyah (ex. eSun manager) and indeed eSun has gone out of business. Nyah is working on something new (TBA soon) and would like to let any eSun customer know that he will still help with servicing, warranty claims, etc. If you need to get something taken care of you can call Nyah at 331-400-2646.

Thanks Nyah!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:08 pm

On Saturday PM last, we were having a family (15 members) comida at Tony's in SAT.
Nyah and about 20 or so people/co-workers were having a similar type affair in the same west room of the restaurant.  Between the two groups, we almost filled the room.
I thought at the time that it was strange to have an almost Christmas posada type event for a company in the middle of summer.
Now I understand...."the last supper".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:16 am

Sad news! They installed our system and were great on followup service.

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Well wouldn't you know...

We had quotes from eSun a long time ago, and many people in our development have systems installed by them (including on our clubhouse). Everybody has been happy, so we contacted "them" to get a new quote. Nyah came to our house, gave a new quote and proposal, and presented everything in an eSun folder. The quote/proposal indicated eSun at the top and we assumed it was from the same company that all our neighbors were happy with. Bottom area to sign indicated "agree to work with eSun Energy as the Integrator...". We went with it and had the system installed last week, apparently after eSun was expired.

So now we're left wondering who we actually had install our system and who is going to handle any warranty issues! Since CFE hasn't installed the new meter yet, we have no idea if the system is functional. Panels installed on the roof don't match units installed for other neighbors (assumed these were just newer models since things change, but maybe not?).

We are in a quandary about whether to contact our credit card company about this and have them hold payment (we did pay by credit card, btw... Nyah said we pay 1/2 the fee and "eSun" pays the other 1/2) until we know what's going on. Nyah seems to have a good reputation, as far as we can tell, but don't know if we should be concerned about having a system by somebody tentatively working on "something new," who may not be around to stand behind whatever equipment he sold us. Somewhat scary situation, and we'd appreciate input.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:20 pm

If it was me I'd put the CC payment on hold until you have clarification.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Pretty clear.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 pm

When I decided to go solar I sought proposals from the only 2 providers here at the time; E2 Energias and ESun. The quotes were similar but the one from E2 (now Smart PV ) was detailed with each item listed by maker, model number, qty, etc. The one from ESun was simply öne solar system w/ 10 panels. I asked for a detailed quotation and ESum said we don't do that. I asked, "So who do I go to if you disappear and my system fails?" Oh don't worry, we'll be here. I bought from E2 and glad I did.

David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:53 pm

The warranty is not connected to the company that sold your equipment, it's connected to the product. That's all I know. So if Japonese, hopefully they speak English. That's why Matt likes his distributor that he buys from in Guadalajara. They take care of the warranty.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 pm

That's my point. If the proposal and the receipt you have don't list the exact items you bought, e.g. maker, model # etc. how are you going to get warranty support as a consumer. BTW, who's Matt and what's he going to do when the distributor goes out of business?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 pm

David wrote:That's my point. If the proposal and the receipt you have don't list the exact items you bought, e.g. maker, model # etc.  how are you going to get warranty support as a consumer.  BTW, who's Matt and what's he going to do when the distributor goes out of business?

He's a Solar Electric Technician with over 7 years experience working in the Mexican Photovoltaic Industry, has sold and been involved in the installation of over 350 solar electric systems lakeside.

Warranties are connected directly to the manufacturer and their end product. Installers and Distributors facilitate the process of validating warranties.

Warranties on panels and inverter begin once they've been sold to an installing company or end user. (That last part depends on the manufacturers Warranties)

They are obtained directly with the manufacturer

That's why it's important to make sure the manufacturers are Tier 1 Manufacturers
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:16 am

Which is why it's important to know exactly what's on your roof! If you don't know the details you're in the dark if your dealer/installer/distributor disappears.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks to everybody for input and thoughts. As it turns out, Nyah and other (company formerly known as eSun) management and employees are in the process of creating a new company, which will be separate from the previous company and its owner. Our installation happened to get caught in the midst of the transition, which caused some confusion and concern. Products and people will continue with this new venture, and they intend to support previous eSun customers, products and installations per the warranties they already have. Details pending, and the people involved can't discuss publicly at the moment, but Nyah and Jonathan proactively came to our house today to speak with us, explain things, and provide reassurance. We're satisfied with the situation and feel comfortable working with them. We do have spec sheets on the equipment installed, by the way. CFE has been here to check on our install prior to bringing a new meter, and Nyah is following up personally to make sure things move along. I will certainly be back here to let people know if something goes awry, but for now we're fine with the situation. Cheers!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Good news for you and other eSun customers.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Looking forward to visiting them in their new location once the location becomes public. Nyah and the crew have been giving me support whenever I needed it, which was twice since the system was installed in 2007-8.

They came once to replace the 8 Trojan Deep Cell batteries I had installed for the battery back up system and a second time to upgrade my system by adding more panels to feed my newest electronic toys.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseagirls Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am

Nyah sent his guy las week to replace our Inverter (installed in 2012 by ESun) that had gone belly up, under warranty. ESun customers should have no worries. Wonderful service as we have always had. Thank you Nyah.

chelseagirls

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:34 am

It would be helpful to provide contact information.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next