INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men in Jocotopec with guns today

+7
Mad_Max
Chapalagringa
bobnliz
raqueteer
Trailrunner
kipissippi
simpsca
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Men in Jocotopec with guns today Empty Men in Jocotopec with guns today

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:16 pm

A friend just emailed me the following so this is second hand but the boy went by past her with this message. Friend I wouldn't be going into Jocotopec today just in case:

A boy went through Roca Azul today ringing the
bell on his bicycle and warning people not to go into Jocotopec
today. That there are men with guns there and one man dead.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Men in Jocotopec with guns today Empty Re: Men in Jocotopec with guns today

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:12 pm

This from another friend who lives in Jocotopec:

I heard about this, and also heard that several trucks carrying heavily armed narcos paraded to the malecon and scared the people...everyone running, etc. And I heard that a man was shot in the little village behind the IMSS office, don't know the name.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Oh wow Simpsca...THIS one I am REALLY hoping is a rumor.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:22 pm

I am hoping it's not true. And I'm not going in to Jocotopec to find out. I have enough friends who live there that I will get accurate details eventually. These reports are from people I know personally.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:47 pm

I was in centro Joco shopping today about 2:30, all was normal. The cops were back on duty and there was one stationed on the corner across from the mercado. Normal traffic, foot and cars, and my veg guy said he hadn't heard anything today. Normal looking activity up and down Morelos.

However, driving back from Ajijic to Joco about 1:30, by the topes and just west of Nina's, I passed a white unmarked pickup with a single young guy in the back holding a gun. He was wearing normal clothes and the gun was laid in his lap. He seemed to have a keen interest in the people in the cars passing by.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:17 pm

The Jocotepeckers seem to be unaware of this, and hopefully it is just a kid with a whacked out sense of humour. (british spelling).

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:24 pm

I really hope so. Worried for my friends who live in Jocotopec. I'm in San Juan Cosala so not that far away.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:27 pm

This article was in yesterday's Milenio paper. I use Google to translate:

http://impreso.milenio.com/node/8997441
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 pm

simpsca wrote:This article was in yesterday's Milenio paper. I use Google to translate:

http://impreso.milenio.com/node/8997441

Sounds like this guy got what was coming to him. Beer
I'm also In SJC, and did get dengue this year for the first time. Keep that cloro in the pool and fountains.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Guess I'll be getting some fish.

So sorry to hear you were ill. I hear it's terrible from a friend who had it a few years ago. None of the doctors would believe her - sent her to the hospital for a week. When she got out she went to a blood lab and asked for the test herself and found out that way. I hope you got a quicker diagnosis. We there anything you were able to take to feel better?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:55 pm

simpsca wrote:Guess I'll be getting some fish.

So sorry to hear you were ill. I hear it's terrible from a friend who had it a few years ago. None of the doctors would believe her - sent her to the hospital for a week. When she got out she went to a blood lab and asked for the test herself and found out that way. I hope you got a quicker diagnosis. We there anything you were able to take to feel better?

I got extremely red hands, and a few other symptoms. In fact I'm still getting a few, weeks afterwards. Dr. Lastra diagnosed it immediately and suggested that I may continue to have a few symptoms until the weather turns cold.
Not a lot you can do, and since the capillaries are affected aspirin is not a good idea. Take vitamin B, that's about it.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 pm

This news about Joco is disturbing in that it sounds like the narcos are determined to disrupt business by spreading rumours if they cannot arrange to be there in person.
Scumbags like this really tic me off! The buggers probably pulled the wings off flies when they were in the slug stage.
These guys devolved from the human race. Men in Jocotopec with guns today 633732 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:35 pm

raqueteer wrote:
simpsca wrote:Guess I'll be getting some fish.

I got extremely red hands, and a few other symptoms. In fact I'm still getting a few, weeks afterwards. Dr. Lastra diagnosed it immediately and suggested that I may continue to have a few symptoms until the weather turns cold.
Not a lot you can do, and since the capillaries are affected aspirin is not a good idea. Take vitamin B, that's about it.

I know not to take anti inflammatory drugs, and I hear the pain is pretty bad so people will be tempted to do that. Thanks for telling me your symptoms. The friend who had it a few years ago didn't mention red hands. I've seen the rash in a photo posted in the blood lab and it looks pretty bad. That's good to know about Lastra also in case I suspect anything.

I didn't realize it was in San Juan Cosala until someone was concerned about the markings on her walls outside. I asked Augustin of Viva Mexico and he told me it was the health department offering products to put in your aljibe and tenaco and marking walls of who was home, etc. And then he said yes, we have Dengue here. Then a friend told me her neighbor had it last year. I had no idea it was that prevalent.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Bigmouth on TOB says that the troops for the bad guys have come, done their bad work and left. Joco police have come back & the office doors are open.

And this means what? Or has the marines come in? Was this before or after the malecon insident?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Who knows what is going on. If you go to Twitter, one person is tweeting about problems. Nothing about gunfire. http://twitter.com/#!/denuciajoco

Last edited by Mad_Max on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 pm

This morning someone told me that after the shoot out at the bullring in Chapala, narco banners went up in both Jocotepec & Chapala. They're after los presidentes. I hoped it wasn't true.

Are these turf wars? Where are the marines?

As far as the rest of us are concerned, things seemed to be getting bad on the coast but we've vacationed in Puerto Vallarta recently without incident.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:43 pm

I haven't heard anything new this a.m. and frankly, getting tired of it. My world remains normal and peaceful. A Mexican friend called this morning, from Riberas de Pilar. Never heard of any of the activities between Chapala - Jocotepec and said more than likely the newspapers aren't reporting anything so as not to panic the people. Wise, if that is the case. Especially since it does appear this is narco against narco, I hold my peace in in knowing that.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:05 pm

There were banners in Jocotopec last week, strung up at the entrance to Joco on the Senor del Guaje cross as you enter town saying that the Ribera now belongs to the Milenio group. As soon as the police were alerted they cam and took them down. I saw photos strung up in Colima stating the same type of thing "we own Jalisco and Colima" but it was a different named gang. Just an assumption on my part - looks like a turf war.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:12 pm

simpsca wrote:There were banners in Jocotopec last week, strung up at the entrance to Joco on the Senor del Guaje cross as you enter town saying that the Ribera now belongs to the Milenio group. As soon as the police were alerted they cam and took them down. I saw photos strung up in Colima stating the same type of thing "we own Jalisco and Colima" but it was a different named gang. Just an assumption on my part - looks like a turf war.

Now we have an eyewitness to the existence of the banners. One piece of evidence corroborated. Good job. As for the rest, well these gangs seem to be a pretty hapless group of people. One, allegedly had trouble getting out of a truck.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Wannabees... and never a dull moment in Joco. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:44 pm

"Wannabees."

Put weapons in the hands of Wannabees and you have one of the scariest scenarios!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 pm

raqueteer wrote:
simpsca wrote:There were banners in Jocotopec last week, strung up at the entrance to Joco on the Senor del Guaje cross as you enter town saying that the Ribera now belongs to the Milenio group. As soon as the police were alerted they cam and took them down. I saw photos strung up in Colima stating the same type of thing "we own Jalisco and Colima" but it was a different named gang. Just an assumption on my part - looks like a turf war.

Now we have an eyewitness to the existence of the banners. One piece of evidence corroborated. Good job. As for the rest, well these gangs seem to be a pretty hapless group of people. One, allegedly had trouble getting out of a truck.

Whadda ya mean, NOW we have an eyewitness? there's a whole thread, started last Friday about banners from eye witnesses. Shocked all Mexicans! http://lakechapalainfo.forumotion.net/t1895-activity-in-jocotepec Did simpsca write she went out this week and saw them herself? Or are you saying an expat went out to look early one morning so now we can believe it's happening?

I guess it's so shocking that it takes a week or longer to sink in. But the thing is that they've been putting them up for several weeks now and none of us gringos/expats knew anything about it. They aren't effecting us. It's just the thought that make my stomach churn. Gotta keep thinking about good things. Keep smiling and laughing and don't let these criminal punks rob one moment of our peace! They are living hopeless, no where to go, the end is death lives. It's very sad trap for them.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:24 pm

This thread sounds like TOTAL BS and RUMOR to me. I think CanuckBob should lock the topic and delete it. Some of you people haven't been here long enough to know that there are tons of rumors around Lakeside and they get magnified each time the rumor is repeated.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 am

That's why it's so good to have a forum where we can hash things out without some Big Brother telling us to take our happy pill and stop asking questions.

If you don't like the format, you can vote with your feet. I did - that's why I'm here!
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Traveller... That was well said. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder