INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CanuckBob: I am bald do I need a hat?

+12
brigitte
viejito
CHILLIN
Hensley
Wide Sky
Gamina
CanuckBob
Canada_Mike
suegarn
Axixic
gringal
ccw
16 posters

Go down

CanuckBob: I am bald do I need a hat? Empty CanuckBob: I am bald do I need a hat?

Post by ccw Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello CanuckBob,

I will be arriving at Lakeside on February 4. Will I need a hat to protect my bald head?  If yes, what kind? I have a huge head and baseball caps look ridiculous on me.
Any other comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
CCW
ccw
ccw

Back to top Go down

CanuckBob: I am bald do I need a hat? Empty Re: CanuckBob: I am bald do I need a hat?

Post by gringal Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:21 pm

There is every kind of straw hat available here; inexpensive, too. Wednesday tiangus (market) in Ajijic, or along the highway west of Ajijic. There is also a stall on the Chapala waterfront.
The sun at this altitude is intense, so you'd better cover that sexy bald head, or else. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

CanuckBob: I am bald do I need a hat? Empty Re: CanuckBob: I am bald do I need a hat?

Post by Axixic Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Panama hat.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Axixic wrote:Panama hat.

My husband's Panama (very sharp)he bought in SMA is getting tired. Having trouble find one around here. Suggestion?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:55 pm

There is a hat and straw purse/bag guy that walks from one end of town to the other. Maybe someone else on here knows his name, but I don't. He's very friendly and hard-working. Walks for miles with multiple hats on his head, and his arms loaded down with bags.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm

He doesn't have Panamas. You either have to go into Guadalajara, or wait for a Fair with booths. That's where I got my last one.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 pm

There's some nice hats for sale on that other thread..........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 pm

The Chili Cook Off is coming in Feb. Great place to get a hat.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ccw Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 am

Thanks all. I will only be there for 2 weeks, so I don't want to spend a lot on a hat. I leave on Feb 18; if anyone wants it let me know.
ccw
ccw

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

Go to a fishing store and buy a cloth hat; usually they have a longer part in the back to protect your neck and are quite packable. If you don't want to do the hat, then use SPF 50+ on exposed parts including your nose as it will glow (not from tequila). If you sweat and it runs in your eyes it frickin stings. Don't worry about style points (no one else does).

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 am

My bald hubby wears these to the gym and to softball to keep his head from burning or sweat running in his face:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-MR-DURAG-4320-BLACK-SPANDEX-DOME-CAP-ULTRA-STRETCH-ONE-SIZE/152004043728?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Doo rags!
Put some sizzle in your shnizel.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A86.J7rCCl1ahQkASUUPxQt.?p=doo+rags&fr=yhs-ddc-linuxmint&fr2=piv-web&hspart=ddc&hsimp=yhs-linuxmint&type=__alt__ddc_linuxmint_com
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viejito Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Put a bag over his head................

viejito

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Panama hats are sold in Tlaquepaque by the Ecuadorian stores that belog to an extended family, One store is on Independencia and the other one on one of the side streets.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 am

Many of the hats sold here are of poor quality and don't stop most of the harmful sun rays. Look for a hat NOB.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 am

Good hats here are not cheap but I own some extremely well made,, you get what you pay for and if you want a great one you can get it de by a hat maker but it willnot be cheap. Campeche in the Yuatan also makes great palm hats, I have not seen them here in Guadalajara but I have never looked for them either. They were sold at the Feria de los Maestros last year. They are made in caves in Campeche..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:41 am

I've heard the dildoria has some form fitting skullcaps in varios colors.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 am

https://www.tilley.com/us_en/women/hats/best-hats-of-2017.html

Tilley hats....not cheap, but good quality, will last for years, and easy to pack

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Our Tilleys are over 30 yrs old and almost like new.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 am

WillieRae wrote:Our Tilleys are over 30 yrs old and almost like new.
But what is their solar protection rating. Many hats look like they give solar protection but actually let harmful rays through the fabric.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 am

cypress wrote:
WillieRae wrote:Our Tilleys are over 30 yrs old and almost like new.
But what is their solar protection rating. Many hats look like they give solar protection but actually let harmful rays through the fabric.

It tells you right on their website!  Most Tilley fabrics have been tested and rated for the UV protection factor given for fabrics. The UPF rating factor is listed in the product FEATURES. Most Tilley fabrics have been rated UPF 50+, the maximum rating given.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:35 am

My Tilly survived 2 yrs in Afghanistan, 2 years in Iraq, 5 yrs in Saudi Arabia and now is worn in the pool at cocktail hour...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:59 am

rvanparys wrote:My Tilly survived 2 yrs in Afghanistan, 2 years in Iraq, 5 yrs in Saudi Arabia and now is worn in the pool at cocktail hour...
My husband's Tilly hasn't had it that rough, but it's in good shape after 15 years. One good thing about them is the packability. Scrunch 'em and they pop right back to life.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Tilley's are great, not to mention Canadian. But they will show sweat line and colour if, like me, you're a schwitzer, a sweater. If it does, make a mix of bleach and toothpaste, and use a toothbrush to scrub it. Throw it in the wash, and it should be fine. (Their lifetime guarantee does not cover discolorartion.)

Note that they are considered and old folks accoutrement and somewhat dorky. It would go well with the fanny pack of the other thread. Very Happy
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down