INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMSS Renewal

3 posters

Go down

IMSS Renewal Empty IMSS Renewal

Post by doc holiday Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:54 am

Live and learn. Went to renew my IMSS yesterday. I went early with my Mexican wife so language was not a problem. Before a letter from my doctor addressing health issues allowed her to renew without her being present. No more....you must be present in person as they take your picture with a camera attached to there computer. Photos taken locally no longer applicable. We were there at 8 AM when it opens but were still number 63 in line. The climb up to the second deck to actually do the renewal is no easy task especially if you have knee problems. The place was packed to the walls. Just one booth was open to service the renewal process. The other hundreds of employees were busy talking and getting coffee and food. It was government bureaucracy at its best. Requirement posted said yo needed just one copy of your CURP....but not...at the desk they wanted 2.

I was the only gringo type there. I wonder how many of us foreigners use IMSS anymore. I am 83 and feel I need the coverage. I have used it and the hospital facilities before several times and have found the doctors to be very good. The accommodations are below the level of a military field combat hospital, but if you are really sick that is not important. We were there over 4 hrs and without my Mexican wife I would have been lost

If you need to go to renew be aware of the changes

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

IMSS Renewal Empty Re: IMSS Renewal

Post by JayBear Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:50 am

I am 73 and just renewed my IMSS coverage with a facilitator along--the latter is a big help but I am wondering how long I can climb those stairs, and there are even stairs at the front to get in the building, not to mention the parking garage. No handrails in sight on any of those.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:52 pm

I have renewed for my clients no problem.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:15 pm

The rules have changed in that the client must be present to show his or her face to the camera in person. No more power of attorney to avoid going in person. It is important to have a Spanish speaking assistant with you. As normal the rules change without notice. I am just sharing the experience i had yesterday.

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down