INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huatulco

4 posters

Go down

Huatulco Empty Huatulco

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Anybody have tips or advice for a beach trip to Huatulco, bus up to Oaxaca City, a couple of days and excursions around there, back to beach, then fly home?

Places to stay, backpacker style, places to eat, best beaches?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Huatulco Empty Re: Huatulco

Post by RickS Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:10 pm

I have heard that the bus trip - or any vehicle for that matter - from/to Oaxaca City and the ocean is a nightmare..... looooong and curvey. Did I mention long?  And then you get to do it again. But alas I have no personal experience doing that!
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 pm

It is 5 hours and curvy not the end of the world. I drive it and survive it.. There are flights to Puerto Escondido and you could take public transportation from there.. I like the Zipolite and Mazunte beach and town.. Zipolite is cloth optional the other one is a regular beach with nice restaurants, a turte refuge , very  in for ex hippies, surfers  and green people..and  French and Italians and young Mexico people..etc
There are lots of beaches  all along the coast but you need to take detours because the coastal highway does not go near the beaches..
San Agustinillo, San Agustin, Puerto Angel are all little town between Puerto Escondido and Huatulco. Huatulco has 7 bays some with nothing , some with small villages... , It is a nice coast to visit , go for it you will enjoy it.

You can either way via Tehuantepec or Pochutla.. I think Pochutla is longer and it ends up at Zipolite and Mazunte.. Be ready for slow going and lots and lots of curves for hours.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 pm

Luxury buses?

Thanks Brigitte and Rick, just what I wanted to know!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viejito Tue May 01, 2018 9:28 am

Many of the beaches near the resorts are fairly steep with quick dropoffs. When in Huatulco we like to take a taxi to one of the more distant beaches, It takes an hour or maybe a little less, the driver stays with us and we end up at a beautiful beach with huge palapa restaurant, gentle sloping beach. Popular with Chilango turistas and the day trip boats sometimes come in to snorkel. Any driver will know where and it's a great way to spend the day.

viejito

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 01, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks, Viejito.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat May 05, 2018 2:18 pm

The coast down there is very nice but I would not go without a car.. The coastal highway is not right on the cost so you need to take roads or dirt roads to go to the water.. There are some wonderful little hidden areas accesible by dirt road or by water..and public transportation can be a pain if you really want to explore the area.. If you only go to one place like Huatulco or Puerto Escondido I guess then you can explore around there by cab or colectivo but you miss a lot.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 05, 2018 6:32 pm

PM sent.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat May 05, 2018 7:45 pm

you can also take water taxis to some of the more remote beaches like San Agustin..where some palapa restaurants and nice cold beer awaits you..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum