INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE Rate hike of ~4%...?

+5
helohfe
MexicoPete
Kiri
Carry Bean
Cincy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CFE Rate hike of ~4%...? - Page 2 Empty Re: CFE Rate hike of ~4%...?

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Ferret posted "LOL Cincy! Didn't notice any apparent hike in the CFE rates because my bill is 46 pesos. My bill doesn't even show the rates any more."

Good news Ferret. Because the minimum bill of 46 pesos represents 25 KW per month at the lowest rate charged per KWH that month or in this case 2 months plus 16% sales tax

Every two month plus or minus a few days we get a bill rounded off to the nearest peso for 50 KW hours of electricity charged at tariff level 1, even if you generated more power than we used.

So we can figure out that the rate is 46 pesos divided by 50 KWH or about 92 centavos per kilowatt hour for the first 150 KW hours over a two month period, 16% taxes included or about $0.793 pesos per KWH hour before taxes.

Now to get the exact rate, you can go on line to CFE and, work your way into "Consulta tu tarifa". Trouble is it helps if you can understand a little Spanish so that you can go to the correct link. And once there you can see the exact rates charged for the month you wish to check.

If you are good at Spanish, which I am not, it is very simple to get to correct page. It was hard for me, but with some effort I was able to get there

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Thank you so much, Ferret! They have really come down in price from what I remember from about 7 years ago. About how many panels would the average 2 br house need without a pool? And sorry, CinCy, that my IPad automatically changed your name to Cindy and I missed it when I proofread.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:35 pm

You need to look at your CFE bills over the previous year and determine the number of KWH you used to start with, and then with those bills representing an average year for you, visit a recommended photovoltaic solar panel dealer and see what he recommends.

You want to get out of DAC and lower your bill to the lower Tariff rates you need to get your total usage below 3000 KW per year or 250 month (I am going by memory here which is old and worn out). And if you don't mind an over kill, then why not try to get your usage from CFE to no more than 25 KW per month which I did. My thought was, when I had a little saved up, I could run the AC or electric heater longer than needed for an absolutely perfect temperatures.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Pete nailed it. Check your bills for the last year and plan accordingly so that at least you have a solid knowledge of your consumption before you get any quotes.
The windows here have now all been changed out completely so my "guesstimate" on how many kwh the heater will use is probably on the high side now. No matter.
BTW, I am using NO electricity from CFE. The 46 pesos is an administration fee to cover the cost of sending out a bill.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:47 pm

The nice thing about this administration fee is that it also includes the up to 50 KWH per two month period.  And should you use say 55 kilowatt hours during that two month period, your total bill is that administration fee plus the charge for 5 KWH.

Sorry to keep on posting the same thing over and over again. I am board here in Seattle waiting for my flight back home next week.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:06 pm

It is always a pleasure to read your posts Pete. I always learn something.
Now, what am I going to plug in to use that extra 50 kwh... ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Time to come on home Peter and take some meter readings.  The weather is MUCH cooler now...  Thumbs up

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 am

I totally agree, I have an appointment Tuesday to sign papers on updated US will and a week later I will be lakeside.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2