INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go

+15
CanuckBob
ferret
slainte39
suegarn
artsnob
cscompton
MexicoPete
DaveP
Hensley
Canada_Mike
beener
SunFan
solajijic
lunateak
caligirl108
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go - Page 2 Empty Re: Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go

Post by MexicoPete Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Living 1080 meters via telephone line from the Telmex office where much of the line is maybe 8 years old, I get very reliable Telmex service, to include internet. How do I know that I live 1080 meters from where my telephone line connects via a Dslam card is because that is what the Telmex computer at the Telmex office shows on the screen to the technician.

I have much less reliable service from Telecable, be it internet or TV.

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go - Page 2 Empty Re: Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go

Post by SunFan Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Just got the following email from ilox. Should be interesting competition for a change.

"Estimado residente de la zona Jocotepec y Chapala, Ilox Telecomunicaciones se congratula en informarle
que el proyecto de construccion de red de fibra optica en su zona es un hecho e iniciara con las instalaciones
a finales del presente mes para poder brindarle los servicios contratados.

Ilox Telecomunicaciones agradece su confianza y apoyo para el logro de este proyecto.

Atte: Equipo Ilox Guadalajara

Dear resident of the Jocotepec and Chapala area, Ilox Telecomunicaciones is pleased to inform you
that the optical fiber network construction project in your area is a fact and will start at the end of
this month to be able to provide the services you hired.

Ilox Telecomunicaciones thanks your trust and support for the achievement of this project.

Atte: Team Ilox Guadalajara."

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Can I have just the tv service and how much a month will it be is there deposit required

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Three plans

Internet (50) and phone
Internet (50) and Television channels and phone
Internet (250) and Television channels  and phone   ( plan I picked, paid a little less than 15,000 P per year or 62USD per month)

Enroll and Pay for a year and get 75 or 300 depending on plan for Internet. Bonus for early adopters.  You must pay for a year at this point but could change later on when office opens.
They only accept Telmex and CFE bill IN YOUR OWN NAME.  Izzy/Telecable are not accepted. (yes a problem for some folks I know)

You will need a set top box for each TV.
Don't have any info on how we split fiber, splitter or home run for each set top box or how much set top boxes are to rent or own so additional expense maybe for each TV or even first box. We just don't know.
Don't have any into on set top boxes remote or IR or Radio.

Understand all the folks who are working on this are volunteer so I don't want to bother them with too many questions.  I commend the folks who worked to bring modern internet to us lakeside so please be patient when trying to obtaining information.  We have time before installation to figure this crap out.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 pm

“They only accept Telmex and CFE bill IN YOUR OWN NAME.” Both or either one?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:“They only accept Telmex and CFE bill IN YOUR OWN NAME.” Both or either one?

Well, that leaves out all the renters, like myself, that live in Lakeside! Blackeye

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:13 pm

An interesting note from my last NOB contract job.

Bandwidth ratings on fiber are what you get unlike twisted copper pair SDLC.

If it's rated at 100 mbps (mega (millions) bits per second) on fiber you can expect 100 mbps. On SDLC (i.e. Telmex) expect about two thirds of what is advertised.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:29 pm

suegarn wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:“They only accept Telmex and CFE bill IN YOUR OWN NAME.” Both or either one?

Well, that leaves out all the renters, like myself, that live in Lakeside!   Blackeye

I would suggest a talk with your landlord/lady. Any home that has iLox service is going to be a high demand rental. It will improve their rental and improve your communications. Needless to say, if you're happy with your rental, I would lock down a long term rental before broaching the subject or make it part of your package rental or ?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Leave one in the owner's name for possible need by owner and put one in the tenant's name......if you are talking about long term occupancy.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:02 am

I still don't see any confirmation from Zed, or anyone else, that BOTH utility bills are needed and must be in the subscribers name.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:14 am

They only wanted my Telmex bill.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:30 am

For "proof of residency" purposes we were advised by both our Notorio and our RE agent, when we purchased our home, to put Telmex in my wife's name and CFE in my name. I imagine a lot of married homeowners have done the same thing so Ilox will be pooched if they are requiring both in the same name.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:31 am

That's how I thought it would be, thanks Ferret. Renters can have one of their utility bills put in their names, my bills are in one of each name - mine and the landlord.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Trailrunner wrote:That's how I thought it would be, thanks Ferret. Renters can have one of their utility bills put in their names, my bills are in one of each name - mine and the landlord.

My telephone is in my name, CFE in the name of the previous tenant. Ah, Mexico.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Telmex OR CFE bill in your own name. Sorry for any confusion.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Sorry, but does this mean they are starting soon? If so,I have things to organize.

Cheers,

Michael

SunFan wrote:Just got the following email from ilox. Should be interesting competition for a change.

"Estimado residente de la zona Jocotepec y Chapala, Ilox Telecomunicaciones se congratula en informarle
que el proyecto de construccion de red de fibra optica en su zona es un hecho e iniciara  con las instalaciones
a finales del presente mes para poder brindarle los servicios contratados.

Ilox Telecomunicaciones agradece su confianza y apoyo para el logro de este proyecto.

Atte: Equipo Ilox Guadalajara

Dear resident of the Jocotepec and Chapala area, Ilox Telecomunicaciones is pleased to inform you
that the optical fiber network construction project in your area is a fact and will start at the end of
this month to be able to provide the services you hired.

Ilox Telecomunicaciones thanks your trust and support for the achievement of this project.

Atte: Team Ilox Guadalajara."

SunFan
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 am

It will be interesting to see if they start stringing the fiber cable this week as advertised.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:42 am

If they do, I will sign up after they're up and running. I was without phone AND internet for a solid week and my cell phone doesn't work at my house so silly me, I reported it at the Ajijic office instead of what I usually do and call Mexico City. This started on Saturday and I finally went to a friend's house and called Mexico City on Friday and Saturday morning there was a knock on my door and it was fixed by noon.

Ferret, I called the gentleman who fixed your phone issue but he couldn't do the same for mine as the problem was at the junction box but he gave me his card and he's a general fix-it guy and his son repaired a crack in my roof and changed out a shower head and his prices are EXCELLENT. Jose Luis Gonzalez 045-331-326-4662

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2