INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James S. Tipton 1942.2018 Memorial

2 posters

Go down

James S. Tipton 1942.2018 Memorial Empty James S. Tipton 1942.2018 Memorial

Post by Chapala Drone Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 am

Here is the video I shot of James Tipton's memorial this last weekend. I hope you enjoy it.

Chapala Drone
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

James S. Tipton 1942.2018 Memorial Empty Re: James S. Tipton 1942.2018 Memorial

Post by Fibonacci Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Thank you so much, Chapala Drone, for posting this. Jim was such a fine writer and wonderful human being. I didn't have many personal interactions with him, but I'd like to share the last one I had with him, a few years ago in a cafe in Chapala. I worked up my courage (he really was a celebrity in my mind), and told him how much I loved his poetry, and that he was personally responsible for my memorizing the lyrics to Ode to Joy. He had given a wonderful talk on that hymn at LCS in 2012 (I think that was the year) which really stuck with me. It was apparent to me that he was a deeply spiritual person... and whether he identified as a Christian or not, he was the best kind, the real kind, seeing everyone as a brother and sister, and loving all of creation. I wish I could have been at the memorial, but was miles and miles away.
Fibonacci
Fibonacci

Back to top Go down