INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self help group for people who have lost spouses

+3
lakeside7
Lady Otter Latté
Charliej
7 posters

Go down

Self help group for people who have lost spouses Empty Self help group for people who have lost spouses

Post by Charliej Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 pm

I lost my wife a little over a month ago. I have found that one of the things that really has helped me is talking to others who are going through the same thing. I was wondering if there would be any interest in forming a group of people who have lost a spouse for the purpose of helping each other deal with the loss. If you are interested let me know. If there is enough interest we will try to form a group, if there is not enough interest, maybe individually we could help each other.
Charliej
Charliej
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Self help group for people who have lost spouses Empty Re: Self help group for people who have lost spouses

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 pm

I am sorry for your loss, Charlie.

Valerie Rhoda is a licensed counselor and has a support group in Ajijic. Can’t remember the exact name but it is for people grieving a significant loss. I believe most members have lost a spouse through death though it is not limited to that. I do not have her phone number at hand but her email is vhrhoda at gmail. Contact her to see if her group might work for you.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Self help group for people who have lost spouses Empty Re: Self help group for people who have lost spouses

Post by lakeside7 Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:48 pm

There is a group that meets at the The Nueva Posada on Tuesdays or Wednesday that may fulfil your needs

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:13 pm

I am also truly sorry for your loss Charlie. Even when you know it's coming, it's really hard to accept. Everybody is different in the way they process grief. I hid. It's a tough go but was right for me. It was three years last September and I still miss him every day. I have kept busy, very busy.
Whatever works for you. All I can say is that you will muddle through it whatever you choose. It's OK to cry.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliej Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 pm

I do cry. It is impossible to not cry. After 52 years I am lost,
Charliej
Charliej
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 pm

I sent you a pm Charlie
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Oh, Charlie I can’t imagine how you feel. I’m so sorry.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm

I lost my mom here in 2012 and joined the Valerie Rhoda group for as I can recall at least 3 months. It made a huge difference.

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:37 pm

I went to the Homeopathic Doctor who used to be close to Yves and is now located between the Swedish Bakery and Chrissy's Hair Salon in the Laguna Mall.
If he hadn't been recommended by my landlords at that time (one a Psychiatrist and the other a Psychologist), I wouldn't have even thought of it. I was scatter shooting, unable to complete simple tasks and wondered where my organizational skills had gone. That's on top on the crying, the sighing and the general depression. He made me a potion of Ignatia and I put X number of drops under my tongue twice a day. I started to rally in a couple of weeks. And, although still sad, was able to start functioning again. I finished the bottle and thought I was done. In three weeks, I was sliding again. Went back and got another bottle, finished it and have been fine ever since.
I don't care who doesn't believe in Homeopathy. Each to his/her own. It REALLY helped me so I thought I'd share.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss Charlie so kind of you to offer. We had many losses summer 2016, it was rough. You may of heard of the Doo Wops group, they have a Christmas show December 18th at La Bodega? Jerry Morse sings like Elvis, he lost his wife that summer 2016. He’s a friend of mine. If you see him, please introduce yourself to him and tell him Lori said you should meet him. He’s a really nice friendly person and very easy to talk to.

Ferret, I’m glad the natural drops helped, of course they’re real and YES they do help! Pharmaceuticals try to mimic natural with horrible side effects.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down