INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let this day be over.

+3
ferret
Carry Bean
kipissippi
7 posters

Go down

Let this day be over. Empty Let this day be over.

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Brought one of my big sweet mares in last night to start getting her ready to advertise. Something was horribly wrong. She was acting really weird. When I tried to get a look at her eye. She slung her head and caught me across the bridge of the nose. POP!..blood. Broke my nose... my nose has been totally rebuilt after being kicked in the face years ago...so I'm not sure exactly what went on in there...but I'm going to lose a big chunk of skin off the bridge. Woke up this morning and Ted our Pom, had passed. We rescued him 8 years ago and he's been a pain in the ass and oh so loved ever since. Waiting on the Vet to tell me whether my big, beautiful, sweet Melody is permanently blind. I so hope that we still make it down in January. If I ever needed a break..it's now. Took a picture of my nose.. woo hoo! Looks like someone ambushed me with a bat. Blackeye
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Let this day be over. Empty Re: Let this day be over.

Post by Carry Bean Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Geez, I’m so sorry - about all of it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Nobody should have some of the days that you've had Kippy. I only know that you'll get through them, just like you always have before. Chin up girl!... but only if it doesn't hurt. Sending cyber hugs.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks,  Amazingly enough... it doesn't hurt and better yet..I can still breath.  The WORST was...it was bleeding from the bridge last night so I put one of the "good" band aids on it....DO NOT EVER put one of those heavy duty ones on your faces OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Man that hurt coming off.  I'm really not much of a drinker but tonight a Snappy Tom and beer just seem like the perfect thing.
We got Ted buried in his favorite part of the garden.. and the Vet said possibly Leptospirosis in the mare so may be treatable and she won't lose her sight.  Baby steps.  Stress is playing hell with my BP though.

And you're right... "down' is not a good look on me. Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:57 pm

So sorry about it all, Kippy. Hope the horse and your nose will both recover soon. Maybe have two drinks after the day you had!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:22 pm

So sorry Kip. I too wish you and your remaining pets/animals the best during the future
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Your have our condolences (Barbi & John). Let this day be over. 851398 We love animals.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:15 pm

No condolences please. I'm hoping it's treatable and she'll recover her sight. Time will tell. She likes her apple flavored medication.

If the condolences were for my Ted..thank you. He was annoying as hell...but sure is missed.

kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:34 am

Oh Kip I’m so sorry, I had a friend who had the same thing happen but it knocked out all her teeth. She never actually recovered after that and died about six months later. Since then I am SO careful to never put my face where my horse could accidentally knock me like that. I do hope you get down in January!!!

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Merry.. I have several horsey sayings.... There ain't no always and there ain't no never and...… in this case...shit happens.  This was squirrely. I've been training horses for most of my life... 2yr old Shetland stallion when I was eight was the first..but breeding and training for the past 37 years.  I was trying to examine the eyes of a mare who came up blind... Vet thinks Leptospirosis...which I have NEVER heard of in a horse.. and my right side was turned toward her..my blind side... she couldn't see me and I didn't see it coming.  Dumb stuff is what usually gets you hurt.  If this is the worst that's thrown at me.  Phfft!  No big deal.  Whatever doesn't kill you..makes you strong... I am getting so frigging strong...……….  The accident 25 years ago was the bad one...didn't lose any teeth..but did lose my cheek bones, eye sockets, nose and right eye. The thick Irish/Swede skull that protected me.... is probably also what keeps me going back for more. Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum