INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLOSE TO ADIOS AND HOUSE FOR SALE

+14
Canada_Mike
Tiny
Rosa Venus
espíritu del lago
Flamingo
oncesubtle
Trailrunner
SunFan
CHILLIN
ferret
RVGRINGO
Carry Bean
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CLOSE TO ADIOS AND HOUSE FOR SALE - Page 2 Empty Re: CLOSE TO ADIOS AND HOUSE FOR SALE

Post by gringal Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:51 am

ferret wrote:Nekkid is correct. And everywhere has to be maintained impeccably clean. It's stressful.
Ya do what ya gotta do. That's why we sold the beach house to be closer to hospitals in Guadalajara.
As far as "renovating" goes and making a house a home, I get that too. To quote an old Scottish saying "when your house is finished, the hearse is at the door". Besides I love doing it.

There's something rewarding about "saving" an old house that once was a fine family home, but had fallen on such hard times that cheap plywood doors were peeling and the bathtub leaked all over the floor.  The contractor suggested tearing it down: it was that bad. However, it had the marble-like stone stairs, the huge fireplace that never smoked, the plumbing that allows "flushing all", along with the great location...and we were suckered in.  Money-wise, we should have let him tear it down.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CLOSE TO ADIOS AND HOUSE FOR SALE - Page 2 Empty Re: CLOSE TO ADIOS AND HOUSE FOR SALE

Post by ferret Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:57 am

S.A.T.I.S.F.A.C.T.I.O.N.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:21 am

ferret wrote:S.A.T.I.S.F.A.C.T.I.O.N.

I can hear it sung!! cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:06 am

I completely understand the need to 'save old houses', and have done several; including our home in Chapala. Even now, I have the urge, but not the energy, and it is a great frustration to be without 'projects'.
Yes.....Life happens.....,..But, one has to keep planning anyway.
Saludos

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:12 am

RVGRINGO wrote:I completely understand the need to 'save old houses', and have done several; including our home in Chapala.  Even now, I have the urge, but not the energy, and it is a great frustration to be without 'projects'.
Yes.....Life happens.....,..But, one has to keep planning anyway.
Saludos

I think the next "project" will involve more hired help. Rolling Eyes

I was very glad you found a more lovable place to live than AZ. It was clear you weren't fitting in happily there. There's more to life than a convenient medical facility, and it looks like you have both that and a better place to live now. Good for you, being willing to take the chance on a late-life move! It's truly a PITA, at any age.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:21 am

Yes, it is a PITA, but still gives the mind something to do; even if the body complains. Now, we are settled in and making new friends among the permanent residents. The 'snowbirds' seem harder to get to know. Except for having to avoid the really humid days, we are comfortable, and have intentionally downsized to prevent collecting more 'stuff' or trying to change things.  The transfer of medical connections is still ongoing, but we are almost there after having found and rejected a few places and providers. It all takes time.
I know that I am not alone in hoping that you will continue to post, as I do, even though some seem to think that absence disqualifies us. Chapala still feels like 'home' and my interest in the area continues. Besides....I have little else to do !!!

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:29 am

Not only your interest but your knowledge and experience. It didn't all evaporate when you moved to another location.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:31 am

ferret wrote:Not only your interest but your knowledge and experience. It didn't all evaporate when you moved to another location.

I always enjoy RV's posts. Nice combination of smart and sensible! Thumbs up

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Best of luck with everything.

Tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Wishing you the best of luck and good health. I too will miss you.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomgates Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:18 am

There seems to be issues with ejido land in La Manzanilla. I have seen listings that say full titles are available when it should be held in trust within so many miles of a coastline.

Tomgates

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:29 am

There is and it is the same all along the coast. Full title simply means that it is a legal, registered property and is not Ejido land. You cannot get a Fideicomiso (trust) without the land being titled and all foreigners must hold their titled land in a Fideicomiso within 30 miles of the coast. To not buy a titled property and put it into a Fideicomiso is asking for a world of hurt.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 am

ferret wrote:There is and it is the same all along the coast. Full title simply means that it is a legal, registered property and is not Ejido land. You cannot get a Fideicomiso (trust) without the land being titled and all foreigners must hold their titled land in a Fideicomiso within 30 miles of the coast. To not buy a titled property and put it into a Fideicomiso is asking for a world of hurt.

The real estate office that features the beach cam. has a segment under their real estate portion about the details re title which offer a good explanation.  They also include "titled" in the listings. It's amazing how many properties for the higher prices are NOT titled. I'm surprised anyone is willing to invest that kind of money in such a shaky situation.

http://www.lamanzanilla.info/web_cam.html

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:10 am

I believe all of La Manzaniila is ejido land. All the properties involve a lease with them.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Our family lawyer in Puerto Vallarta is an excellent litigator (negotiate versus court time) and also an expert on Ejido properties. I am not sure if he is retired now, but if you need a referral, let me know.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:35 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Our family lawyer in Puerto Vallarta is an excellent litigator (negotiate versus court time) and also an expert on Ejido properties. I am not sure if he is retired now, but if you need a referral, let me know.

Thanks. If no clear title is available, we will be renters.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:03 pm

Best of luck.

May you Live long and prosper.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SanFran Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Have you checked out the doctors there?  We are fortunate to have so many good ones here.
There's a sad commentary; your new living destination depends on the local doctors.

Consider La Paz BCS. It's a good place. They used to have a website, don't know if it's still active. I think it was, Ros (Rosalyn) in La Paz.

You'd be a little further from the USA. I think the peninsula is 1000 miles N to S but at the same time the Baja is in a free zone where there is more access to NoB goods and services. And you don't have to import your car.
SanFran
SanFran
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:07 pm

We have taken one 4 day trip by air to the States in 15 years.  Our relatives come here for visits. Amazon ships whatever we can't find here.  There's no way I'd select a place to live based on availability of doctors.
I think that covers it.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:41 pm

A human b being is the sum total of all their experiences. This will be a new experience and challenge.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SanFran Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Problem Child wrote:A human b being is the sum total of all their experiences. This will be a new experience and challenge.

I don't think so.  The whole is equal to more than the sum of it's parts.  _Gestalt Psychology

Trivial, sorry.
SanFran
SanFran
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:34 pm

Point of view, or maybe different views of the same thing?

Academic/Semantic discussion.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Problem Child wrote:Point of view, or maybe different views of the same thing?

Academic/Semantic discussion.

Such discussions can be interesting, depending on the nature of the participants. They are often a waste of time.

My opinion is that we are no more than the sum of our parts.  You are right is saying that the sum of our experiences is also defining.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:22 pm

And even negative experiences can have a positive value since they add to our frame of references. We succeed and we learn from that; we fail and we learn from that. Everyone is different; divergent value, mores, teachings, experiences, etc. All things that are still working into shaping us --even today. Humans are works in progress, maybe the while species is?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2